Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: The ugly truth

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    The majority were laughing and whooping it up regarding the personal attacks, calling them deserved and encouraging the continuation. So, the majority were the ones acting like douchebag cocksnorkles. And that's why the thread reached 7 pages before it was gone.
    So you decided your version of the events was more accurate and/or righteous than that "the majority" and zap, your opinion is more important than the majority of posters who contributed to the thread. That's what I, and others have a problem with on a fundamental level.

Maybe if we could read the thread, we could all apologize for how viciously unfair we were to his even-headed, gentlemanly and kindly arguments. I mean, it's not like he called someone a cunt or anything for disagreeing with him on power squat technique, right?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    So you decided your version of the events was more accurate and/or righteous than that "the majority" and zap, your opinion is more important than the majority of posters who contributed to the thread. That's what I, and others have a problem with on a fundamental level.

Maybe if we could read the thread, we could all apologize for how viciously unfair we were to his even-headed, gentlemanly and kindly arguments. I mean, it's not like he called someone a cunt or anything for disagreeing with him on power squat technique, right?
    Ummm. No. Not at all. It ran its course, and when the photos came back around the second time, it was over. Again, the few ruined it for the many, you got that right. But the many encouraged the few to persist.

I would hope that if someone posted that crap about me, you'd nuke it too. Unfortunately, I doubt that's the case. It would probably be the majority piling it on deeper. (I'm not calling you out specifically, but referring to each of us with the crappy "you" pronoun)

So, that's why I deleted it. I know you don't agree and understand your reasoning. If I ever get the chance, I will completely nuke it so it never comes back. But that's not likely.

I would hope that if someone posted that crap about me, you'd nuke it too.

I get the impression there aren't 1000's of embarrassing photos of you floating around out there.

What are these pictures you're talking about? No one posted pictures of partial after nutz partially posted a partial picture of partial, and if they did and i missed it, they should have been dealt with and the pictures removed, not the thread. Like I said, we have measures to deal with misbehavior, and deleting unrelated content to protect someone's fragile ego was never supposed to be one of them.

I just think it was a biased and cowardly (insofar as using Joe is concerned) way to deal with a problem that ended up splitting and growing as a result, both on an individual level and on this whole victimhood/protected stupidity level that's been discussed before when it continued to get out of hand.

I don't have any idea "what the goals of this forum are", and today, I don't pretend to know.

That right there is as damning as anything I've read here.

As to the GC - again, I think personal attacks are out of bounds, and not appropriate there either. But my rules no longer apply. I honestly hope that most members here wouldn't personally attack someone, even in the GC. But hey, that's just me. I did it a few times, mostly in anger and frustration. I hope I never do it again, and one of the few things that I regret in my time here are those attacks.

And I regret that I didn't sneak more in while the coast was clear.

It's hard being so nice to Woody.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post

It's hard being so nice to Woody.
    QFT. He gives you so much material.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

So I banned him, WITH MADTOWN’S FULL SUPPORT. I have over 75 emails from partial after I banned him. In the span of 30 days. The vast majority were threatening. I reached out to one member privately and asked what I should do. I got some counsel back from an attorney that this person knew, and got some very good advice, which I implemented and the problem stopped. But now, I read Madtown ask if he should bring him back. I know what happened. That’s why I think he’s trying to come in here as the savior.
    Those were good times. I only wish we got to see those emails.

I miss Retail - we need someone on here who will relentlessly and tirelessly defend Mike Sherman, any time his horrible name appears in a thread.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rat Starter
    Dang, I didn't even realize this thread exited til fucking Rand bumped it up. In my solitude, I just spent 2 fucking hours reading this stuff. I wish I was around when this thread was "live."

Oh fie! I was in exile.

For the record, Woodbuck would make a great mod. Woody is the master of objective reasoning. He argues with logic and humor, so unlike Scott Campbell (Yo, Campbell quit using my polygamy joke!).

Btw, I like creative writing. I volunteer to write lyrics for this forum, if that's a-ok.
    Last edited by Rodgers12; 01-24-2014 at 02:22 AM.

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Nine .......One.......Seven

Bring back retailguy.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    Packeraddicts.com? I think that was Jack's Smirking revenge's website.
    I guess he had the last laugh