Thread: The ugly truth

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That was weird. I wondered why "Joe" had set you up as a moderator. I always figured "Joe" was Madtown, just so he could avoid being harassed as Madtown.

I don't think you should be worried about Mad cutting you off completely, unless there's something more I don't know about. You helped him out. The site needs an engaged owner, it's that simple. Either that person exists, or not. The sooner that person takes over the better. All the other stuff is details. If there's a leader who cares about the site, and has the time to invest in it, it will flourish. I hope Mad - and you - find that person. Otherwise it's blogging on the Pup-Peroni website for me. I'm not following Freak or Skin to that Swedish site.
    A similar thing happened with Thunder Dan. He noticed the "green square" above retailguy's avatar. There is some strange rating system that I could never figure out how to get working properly. The moderators can rate posts. I clicked on one of retailguys posts once and the green square showed up. If you hover on it it says "retailguy is on a distinguished road". there's a bunch of different levels. He pm'ed me about it. so I told him retailguy had volunteered his account for testing purposes. which really wasn't a lie when you think about it... anyway, I could never figure out how to get rid of "negative ratings", so I never let it go live. Negative ratings around here would've been a disaster.

I hope you're right about madtown. We shall see.
    Last edited by retailguy; 06-08-2011 at 03:53 PM.