Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: The ugly truth

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Have all the problems been solved?
    I got a new PM today from Tarlam. From 2006.

I also found a new member message waiting for me about 12 menus into the signature change tree.

Is that what you mean by fixed?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

GLAL discussing his banishment. http://packersnews.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12221

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Do you want to be banned?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wow, this is one crazy thread. And crazy in the sence of Norman Bates. I'm relatively new here, but I like this place so here are my 2 cents;

1) Mad, if you want to make this work, there should be (a minimum of) rules.

Right now you're handing out warnings & bans in full Roger Goodell style; probably with good intentions, but still purely at random. It is unclear what is allowed and what not and you are the one who decides right or wrong as you please.
    I'm not advocating to turn this into the next muzzled mainstream packerforum where you cannot discuss the owner or other members or where you cannot use foul language (CUNT!), quite the contrary; the craziness (in the sence of Ron Artest) is one of the things take makes this place worth visiting. But total anarchy won't work either so there should be some extremely basic level of 'justice' somewhere.
    So go to another forum, c/p their rules, scrap almost everything in colaboration with some of 'the elderly' here. Post what's left of it in a sticky thread for everyone to see and that's that. There will still be criticism afterwards, but at least there will be some sort of transparancy in your actions.

2) Regarding the major technical issues and general maintenance of the forum; I understand this is one of the less pleasant tasks of being an owner, but it's still part of the job and it should be taken care of.

3) Sure it would be nice to have some new members, but I don't think PR should aim to become a big forum; it fills the bipolar knowledgeable-but-dysfunctional niche quit nicely. I expect a couple of new faces to pop up as soon as there actually will be football. All the bigger forums I visit are in a state of summersleep as well at this point; there is just not a whole lot going on to discuss.
    Last edited by wootah; 07-15-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Writing for Dummies

Last edited by Tarlam!; 07-15-2011 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Took foot out of mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by wootah View Post
    Wow, this is one crazy thread. And crazy in the sence of Norman Bates.

I'm relatively new here, but I like this place so here are my 2 cents;

Mad, if you want to make this work, there should be (a minimum of) rules.

Right now you're handing out warnings & bans in full Roger Goodell style; probably with good intentions, but still purely at random. It is unclear what is allowed and what not and you are the one who decides right or wrong as you please.

I'm not advocating to turn this into the next muzzled mainstream packerforum where you cannot discuss the owner or other members or where you cannot use foul language (CUNT!), quite the contrary; the craziness (in the sence of Ron Artest) is one of the things take makes this place worth visiting. But total anarchy won't work either so there should be some extremely basic level of 'justice' somewhere.

So go to another forum, c/p their rules, scrap almost everything in colaboration with some of 'the elderly' here. Post what's left of it in a sticky thread for everyone to see and that's that. There will still be criticism afterwards, but at least there will be some sort of transparancy in your actions.

Regarding the major technical issues and general maintenance of the forum; I understand this is one of the less pleasant tasks of being an owner, but it's still part of the job and it should be taken care of.

Sure it would be nice to have some new members, but I don't think PR should aim to become a big forum; it fills the bipolar knowledgeable-but-dysfunctional niche quit nicely. I expect a couple of new faces to pop up as soon as there actually will be football. All the bigger forums I visit are in a state of summersleep as well at this point; there is just not a whole lot going on to discuss.
    This post would have been absolutely incoherent if it weren't for the pig head on a stake. That thing really jumps out of the screen at you. Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    This post would have been absolutely incoherent if it weren't for the pig head on a stake. That thing really jumps out of the screen at you. Nice find.
    Haha, thanks I guess. I made a longer post to start off with but when I wanted to make some adjustments I accidently deleted it all. Since I didn't feel like doing it all over again I just wrote the basic ideas. I'll try to group the 3 concepts for you if I can still edit it.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not sure why you think this belongs in this thread but I appreciate you keeping it in the Romper Room. If it spreads to the Packers area posters can expect it to get snixed.

Blog Entries
    Wow, this is one crazy thread. And crazy in the sence of Norman Bates. I'm relatively new here, but I like this place so here are my 2 cents;

2) Regarding the major technical issues and general maintenance of the forum; I understand this is one of the less pleasant tasks of being an owner, but it's still part of the job and it should be taken care of.

3) Sure it would be nice to have some new members, but I don't think PR should aim to become a big forum; it fills the bipolar knowledgeable-but-dysfunctional niche quit nicely. I expect a couple of new faces to pop up as soon as there actually will be football. All the bigger forums I visit are in a state of summersleep as well at this point; there is just not a whole lot going on to discuss.
    Thanks for saying your peace man. Lot of good ideas there.

Haha, thanks I guess. I made a longer post to start off with but when I wanted to make some adjustments I accidently deleted it all. Since I didn't feel like doing it all over again I just wrote the basic ideas. I'll try to group the 3 concepts for you if I can still edit it.
    I thought it was a good post
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Not sure why you think this belongs in this thread but I appreciate you keeping it in the Romper Room. If it spreads to the Packers area posters can expect it to get snixed.

Good idea boss!

Harlan is working diligently on the rules for this place. In fact, he is currently on sabbatical putting the finishing touches on the book. It would behoove us all to leave the man alone and stay out of the rule making business and stick to what we are good at: bi-polar posting.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

That pic made me think of "The Lord of the Flies." Or maybe its the forum that reminds me of that book. I still feel bad that Piggy got his glasses smashed.

edit: oh, that is from the movie. duh.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 07-15-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: dumbassery

No need, I was really just throwing you a sincere compliment on the pigs head.

I posted here because the subject of his banishment was raised earlier in the thread (Page 7). I wholeheartedly agree we don't want this discussed in the Packer forum.

Peace.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Joe should have the right to post it where he wants and you can go ahead and move it, but instead you have decided to protect your small penis at any cost and threaten banishment and deletion. What in the hell has happened to you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Joe should have the right to post it where he wants and you can go ahead and move it, but instead you have decided to protect your small penis at any cost and threaten banishment and deletion. What in the hell has happened to you?
    Joe should have enough sense to post it in the right room ( which he did). We are all adults and shouldn't need a babysitter moving threads. Where did I threaten him?

You usually have a decent arguement not this time. What happened to you? Did skinbasket inject too much crybaby hormone into ur ass this weekend?

. We are all adults and shouldn't need a babysitter moving threads.
    QFT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    QFT

Could you explain your meaning?

Blog Entries
    Ah you are referring to the turkey thread. A timeless classic Im sure but I didn't move it, retail did and I'm guessing he had good reason.