Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The ugly truth

Well, for fuck's sake, leaving now will just ruin the fun. I don't know why people feel the need to excuse themselves after drama. It's what built this place.

FWIW, I always had the strong suspicion this was the case, just unsure how many people were at the helm, but as long as "Joe" didn't act like a cocksucker, I was fine playing along. But then Joe did kind of act like a cocksucker, no offense. And the place went to shit with the software and the non-updates. In other words, kind of the worst of both halves of Joe. I think we should draw and quarter Joe in the town square.

What it comes down to is that I'm not sure anyone even cares enough to care anymore. There's not enough of us left to care. I just want the motherfucking 12 pound turkey thread back.

Anyway, if Madtown can separate his persona from that of the forum, and not try to play god with everyone's relationships here, I think this place would be fine. Bring back the damned. If they want to be retarded again, then send them away again. What else could happen to this place to make it worse? People came once, they'll come again, if they're allowed to and know the place exists anyway.

Oh, and thanks for being honest retail. It does cast the two of you in a pretty creepy light, but at least you can still call yourself a man. If you really are one, anyway. If not, then I'm sure you're a dandy woman. And I guess you have to get extra credit for liking Partial. That isn't an easy attribute to have ingrained in your soul.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

End schmend. This is just another new beginning to a place that rose from the ashes of a burning bag of dog shit. Madtown's obviously crazier than a busload of Venezuelan whores on a week long speed run, but I don't think that matters anymore. Those of us who are left have endured the worst of his inept insanity and he's only more lovable for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Well, for fuck's sake, leaving now will just ruin the fun. I don't know why people feel the need to excuse themselves after drama. It's what built this place.

FWIW, I always had the strong suspicion this was the case, just unsure how many people were at the helm, but as long as "Joe" didn't act like a cocksucker, I was fine playing along. But then Joe did kind of act like a cocksucker, no offense. And the place went to shit with the software and the non-updates. In other words, kind of the worst of both halves of Joe. I think we should draw and quarter Joe in the town square.

What it comes down to is that I'm not sure anyone even cares enough to care anymore. There's not enough of us left to care. I just want the motherfucking 12 pound turkey thread back.

Anyway, if Madtown can separate his persona from that of the forum, and not try to play god with everyone's relationships here, I think this place would be fine. Bring back the damned. If they want to be retarded again, then send them away again. What else could happen to this place to make it worse? People came once, they'll come again, if they're allowed to and know the place exists anyway.

Oh, and thanks for being honest retail. It does cast the two of you in a pretty creepy light, but at least you can still call yourself a man. If you really are one, anyway. If not, then I'm sure you're a dandy woman. And I guess you have to get extra credit for liking Partial. That isn't an easy attribute to have ingrained in your soul.
    Let's clarify one thing. I'm not trying to post some kind of goodbye drama. I said goodbye and believe I'm gone, because we both know madtown. You really think he's gonna let me stay? I'd stay if I could. But I doubt that's an option.

I agree with you about a lot of what you said. I screwed up plenty. But so did Madtown. If you don't have software that works well, if you don't have ongoing maintenance, or a homepage that works, you can't be listed in google.

In the end, I feel like I betrayed my friend. But then again, I didn't change the password in the middle of the night, and didn't steadfastly refuse for over 3 weeks to return a phone call. So, I feel bad, but not as bad as I'd feel if I'd been the other guy.

And yes, I'm a guy. Flog me in the town square all you wish. I'm not completely to blame, but I've done my fair share and certainly deserve a flogging.
    Last edited by retailguy; 06-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Let's clarify one thing. I'm not trying to post some kind of goodbye drama. I said goodbye and believe I'm gone, because we both know madtown. You really think he's gonna let me stay? I'd stay if I could. But I doubt that's an option.

I agree with you about a lot of what you said. I screwed up plenty. But so did Madtown. If you don't have software that works well, if you don't have ongoing maintenance, or a homepage that works, you can't be listed in google.

In the end, I feel like I betrayed my friend. But then again, I didn't change the password in the middle of the night, and didn't steadfastly refuse for over 3 weeks to return a phone call. So, I feel bad, but not as bad if I'd feel if I'd been the other guy.

And yes, I'm a guy. Flog me in the town square all you wish. I'm not completely to blame, but I've done my fair share and certainly deserve a flogging.
    All I can say is that I believe this place can flourish again if simply left alone for the most part and restored to it's original glory and principles. We won't get everyone back, but there's an astounding number of people who still come here simply for each other's company, both friendly and adversarial. With a few new folks every now and again, we would be just as well off as any other place. Better once we get some folks into the tits and ass room.

However, If madtown murders you or your online persona, I firmly believe I won't be alone in finally abandoning this place and finding a feminine hygiene forum to contribute to. If he has any sense left in that pot addled head, he'll use this as a chance to return to our roots instead of a chance to burn the place to the ground out of spite. And yes, that means allowing pictures of lesbians kissing in the romper room.

And yes, that means allowing pictures of lesbians kissing in the romper room.
    How about pictures of lesbians kissing in the kitchen or in the bedroom?. Should those be allowed, too?

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Ok, time to come clean.

I was Joe, or better phrased, HALF of Joe. Madtown was the other half.
    I, for one, am appalled and insulted that someone would come on here and pretend to be someone else. How low can you stoop?

Signed:

Shamrockfan, er... I mean Patler!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I, for one, am appalled and insulted that someone would come on here and pretend to be someone else. How low can you stoop?

Signed:

oh quit with all the bullshit, tank

All I can say is that I believe this place can flourish again if simply left alone for the most part and restored to it's original glory and principles. We won't get everyone back, but there's an astounding number of people who still come here simply for each other's company, both friendly and adversarial. With a few new folks every now and again, we would be just as well off as any other place. Better once we get some folks into the tits and ass room.

However, If madtown murders you or your online persona, I firmly believe I won't be alone in finally abandoning this place and finding a feminine hygiene forum to contribute to. If he has any sense left in that pot addled head, he'll use this as a chance to return to our roots instead of a chance to burn the place to the ground out of spite. And yes, that means allowing pictures of lesbians kissing in the romper room.
    Well, yeah, I understand. I was always looking for the happy medium but never found it. The cynical part of me doesn't think it exists.

But really, when you have a very long term member who has contributed a bunch around here saying that occasionally he reads PR with his 8 year old daughter on his lap, he has to be very careful where he strays, and asks politely that the definition we all agreed to, be adhered to, is that really an unreasonable request?

On the flip side, not being able to post the pic can occasionally really derail the discussion too.

Just isn't so easy when you're "that guy" making the call as to what is OK and what isn't.

I guess the good news is, this time, I'm really useless to move anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

Signed:

Now, if Greenday would really come out of the closet, we'd all have a clean slate.

Blue Dog, Blue Dog, wherefore art thou?

It would be SO much fun if he chimed in...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Blue Dog, Blue Dog, wherefore art thou?

It would be SO much fun if he chimed in...
    I'll try to send him an e-mail, but I think he hates me.

I'll twitter Partial a cockshot and see if he still wants back.
    C.H.U.D.

I don't hate you, Skinbasket, I hate your sins, which are many and egregious.

Skinbasket summoned me here for commentary, but I can't follow this movie. Joe is Madtown, who is really retailguy's alterego? I was promised a "bomb", Retailguy being the strong-but-silent guy Joe is more of a cap pistol.

I do miss Madtown, maybe it is hostage syndrome or something.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 06-07-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Damn, ask and you shall receive.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Now all we need is partial and Tyronne to post in this thread.

I'm telling you people, you go to work for 10 stinking hours and all hell breaks loose! This is way better than Weinergate.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I don't hate you, Skinbasket, I hate your sins, which are many and egregious.

Skinbasket summoned me here for commentary, but I can't follow this movie. Joe is Madtown, who is really retailguy's alterego? I was promised a "bomb", Retailguy being the strong-but-silent guy Joe is more of a cap pistol.

I do miss Madtown, maybe it is hostage syndrome or something.

You promise a guy a little shaved balls action and it's like a motherfucking bat signal.

Seemed like a good time to rehash this bit of packerrat lore...

C.H.U.D.