Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The ugly truth

I threw out a list of POSSIBLE thread topis off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. I could not care less if they are not the most exciting to each and every one of you. I couldn't care less if some of you are tired of one or the other topic, or if you have no interest in some. I wasn't trying to find topics that each of you would be chomping at the bit to comment on.

There was a time when this board could simply discuss anything football or Packer related in the off-seasons, like a discussion between friends over a beer. Not everyone participated in every topic, but at least a few would in one, then others in another. Almost any topic would generate a page or two of responses. It didn't matter what the topic was. It didn't matter how insignificant it was.

Now, apparently, a topic isn't "worthy" unless it is critical to the Packers and of interest to everyone. We have some who find it necessary to police the topics. Maybe it dates back to the Favre issue and those who felt it their duty to jump on anyone who mentioned his name in a thread other than the Favre thread.

My list was examples of possible thread topics. It certainly wasn't an exhaustive list, nor one generated with any thought or research. I didn't expect to debate the list, but the fact that we are debating it highlights what has changed on here, and not for the better. Quite frankly, its not worth the effort of starting a topic in the Packer forum anymore.

You can blame it on the lockout if you want, but I don't honestly believe the lockout is the problem because I think the same attitude existed during the season, quite frankly. I think we have all become too familiar with each other, while at the same time too impersonal hiding behind our monitors.

Patler-HarveyWallbangers-Patler

Continued news on the lockout - I'm tired of the lockout Then don't comment about it. Do all threads have to interest YOU?

Fox picking the Packers as the best NFL organization (QB+head coach+coaching+front office+ facilities, etc.) - Of course Fox just goes with the winners. Where were the Packers on their list in previous years?

The expansion proposals for more seating at Lambeau - I'm sure everybody is all for it--especially since the Packers are going to pay for it. But which proposal do you like the best? There are three.

Should the Packers have player organized practices? - I don't think it matters much either way I don't either, yet McCarthy seems to think the Packers should have some, from a recent article, anyway.

How will the Packers handle success, be a "dynasty" or a "fart in the wind" as Wolf said - We'll see. Let's hope for the former. Sure, but I thought the last SB champs would have a longer run than they did. After all, they had a young QB who was among the best in the league. All they needed was to keep the cupboard reasonably stocked around him. I think it was Wolf's biggest blemish, not taking advantage of having Favre beyond those two SB appearances.

Packers decision to go private with their ring ceremony - Don't care much one way or the other I don't either, but apparently some (maybe just some in the media) seem to think it is wrong. Should it be open to stockholders? After all. they are the owners?

Ted Thompson vs. Ron Wolf - Wolf for now, but Thompson could surpass him with a good 4-5 year run A second SB win would certainly go a long way. I think they are close.

Vic Ketchman, a good addition or not? - I like him I don't, and I can't put my finger on why I don't. Something just disinterests me so far.

Driver's softball game - Good to see it was a sellout Apparently, the biggest crowd ever.

Driver's recent mention about the HOF, could it happen for him? - Highly Unlikely I agree. I was surprised to see him comment as if it is a real possibility.

What may happen with the Packer roster (in the past we had in depth discussions on this)
    The draft picks
    The promotion of Elliot Wolf
    Aaron Kampman's recent interview
    The new "Steelers' Rule", as it is becoming known

Ohio State - I don't want to talk about it For the most part, I don't either. But I wonder if the bevy of transgressions being investigated (O.S., USC, TN, SC, etc.) will foster change and recognition of what college football really has become?

USC

See, Harvey, there are topics that can be discussed!!
    Last edited by Patler; 06-09-2011 at 04:26 AM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If he returns, he might get banned by the country in 2012

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

dp
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Wasn't this the dude that started Christian Encourager???

http://www.sbnation.com/users/upnort...ommunity_id=42
    Damn, I wonder? Same handle, but not a terribly unique one.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Just wondering, btw, why this is in here instead of the Romper Room? Dunno why we want to air our dirty laundry in the public forum. Right now the forum page says 67 viewing, 11 members and 56 guests, although most of those 'guests' are probably members that aren't logged in.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

i don't know mad and RG, the whole "joe" thing seems like a lot of unnessesary drama to me. we all know something was up. who the hell buys and pays for an interweb forum that they've never been to or posts on? we all kind of figured it was one of us.

just tell us mad is burned out and RG is taking over, most of us would have been fine with it as long as the site kept running

i for one don't post anymore on here because i'm completely turned off by the nfl right now and the whole labor squable. fuck the NFL

i don't know mad and RG, the whole "joe" thing seems like a lot of unnessesary drama to me. we all know something was up. who the hell buys and pays for an interweb forum that they've never been to or posts on? we all kind of figured it was one of us.

just tell us mad is burned out and RG is taking over, most of us would have been fine with it as long as the site kept running

i for one don't post anymore on here because i'm completely turned off by the nfl right now and the whole labor squable. fuck the NFL

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I still come to this site at least once a day and WAY more during the year...

Oh yeah the BEARS STILL SUCK!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    reminds me of the funniest sequence in Packerrats history - Harlan posts his pic and SC IMMEDIATELY posts it as his avatar.

I thought it was pretty funny too - till somebody asked if that was really me. Ouch.

One time I made a post comparing the Madtown to Joe transition to the Packers transition from Forrest Gregg to Lindy Infante.

And then it mysteriously disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    One time I made a post comparing the Madtown to Joe transition to the Packers transition from Forrest Gregg to Lindy Infante.

And then it mysteriously disappeared.
    So did Lindy Infante

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I would like to see any of you do all this shit for no profit, in fact $$ lost.
    I'm doing the same exact thing with (REMOVED) and (REMOVED) Quit being such a fucking pussy. You made a good site, and it will survive pretty much on it's own if you and retail don't fuck it up with your respecitve doucheynesses. That's the beauty of forums- they almost run themselves.

You have a colorful bunch of jsonline rejects who supply the content, which is to say good Packers/football talk, arguments, creative language/insults, etc. That's what it's all about, not you two drama queens. All you have to do is keep the software up, and maybe in very RARE occasions moderate something.

If you are moderating frequently, you are fucking it up. If you feel the need to make secondary accounts to hide who you are when you are moderating, you are fucking it up. If you use your silly admin accounts to scold people who argue with you, as one of you little-dicked morons have done to me at least once, then you are a pussy, and are fucking it up. If you ban some of your most active posters, you are fucking it up.

Just let the site be what it's gonna be. Stay out of the drama. Let people settle their own shit, and if they can't handle it, then THEY can leave, not whoever hurt their little feelings. Don't encourage tattling, and don't ban people unless you REALLY feel like you have to- as in almost never. You made a good site, Madtown. One of the better Packer forums out there. Congrats. Now stop fucking with it.

Just my unsolicited opinion, but I'm right, dammit.
    Last edited by get louder at lambeau; 06-09-2011 at 02:34 PM.

^

Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    I'm doing the same exact thing with (REMOVED) and(REMOVED).
    Is that yours? That's a pretty good forum. Mad could take a few pointers from you

Is that yours? That's a pretty good forum. Mad could take a few pointers from you
    Yeah, that's my PG rated site. Thanks. I like this place too though. Good conversation here with some funny shit. It sucks that guys like Tyrone get banned though, since they give the place a little action. I think it's usually a mistake to ban people, unless they are just a gigantic pain in the ass.

My other site, (REMOVED), is getting really slow like this place lately. Probably slower. I think people will come back when football starts up, so I'm not too worried about it. I haven't been trying to recruit people for years now, so both sites might be getting a little neglected that way, but they'll be OK. Maybe someday I'll actually spend some time on them, but they're just forums, so fuck it.

dp
    DP - "There's a grounder to the second baseman, he flips to the shortstop for one and throws on to first to complete the 4-6-3 DP. That's two quick outs here in the bottom of the seventh."

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm doing the same exact thing with (REMOVED) and (REMOVED) Quit being such a fucking pussy. You made a good site, and it will survive pretty much on it's own if you and retail don't fuck it up with your respecitve doucheynesses. That's the beauty of forums- they almost run themselves.

You have a colorful bunch of jsonline rejects who supply the content, which is to say good Packers/football talk, arguments, creative language/insults, etc. That's what it's all about, not you two drama queens. All you have to do is keep the software up, and maybe in very RARE occasions moderate something.

If you are moderating frequently, you are fucking it up. If you feel the need to make secondary accounts to hide who you are when you are moderating, you are fucking it up. If you use your silly admin accounts to scold people who argue with you, as one of you little-dicked morons have done to me at least once, then you are a pussy, and are fucking it up. If you ban some of your most active posters, you are fucking it up.

Just let the site be what it's gonna be. Stay out of the drama. Let people settle their own shit, and if they can't handle it, then THEY can leave, not whoever hurt their little feelings. Don't encourage tattling, and don't ban people unless you REALLY feel like you have to- as in almost never. You made a good site, Madtown. One of the better Packer forums out there. Congrats. Now stop fucking with it.

Just my unsolicited opinion, but I'm right, dammit.
    Did I ask your fucking opinion? Who are you? This topic is between members of this forum not shits who try to promote their fucking forum. You dont have shit to say in what goes on here. I dont go to your spot and tag it. Dont fucking do it here or expect to bounce. People here do things the http://PackersRats.com way.

Blog Entries
    If you see them why cant you tell me?

Blog Entries
    Maybe someday I'll actually spend some time on them, but they're just forums, so fuck it.
    Thats the difference between you and me. I give a fuck about this place. Been posting with many here for almost a decade. I have time again and intend to spend it well.