Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The ugly truth

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Whats up you fucking bitch?? Please tell me you are coming back. I swear I will let you burn the ants.
    heee heee heee. I do think about you quite often, every time I make eye contact with a Mexican guy who seems mild and harmless, I think about what could be lurking beneath the surface.

This forum does have the best characters anywhere. I think I might be punched out, like an old boxer. Are you really going to resucitate Tyrone? Good.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i don't know mad and RG, the whole "joe" thing seems like a lot of unnessesary drama to me. we all know something was up. who the hell buys and pays for an interweb forum that they've never been to or posts on? we all kind of figured it was one of us.

just tell us mad is burned out and RG is taking over, most of us would have been fine with it as long as the site kept running

i for one don't post anymore on here because i'm completely turned off by the nfl right now and the whole labor squable. fuck the NFL
    I was burned out and needed a break.

So you gonna fucking stay here or not?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    heee heee heee. I do think about you quite often, every time I make eye contact with a Mexican guy who seems mild and harmless, I think about what could be lurking beneath the surface.

This forum does have the best characters anywhere. I think I might be punched out, like an old boxer. Are you really going to resucitate Tyrone? Good.
    Ahh, Lucifer rises from the bowels of the Earth.

Tyrone is already activated.

Tyrone is already activated.
    His people just contacted me, and he will only return if you get the "blushing face" and "rolling eyes" thingys activated. Without these, he says he is not able to properly convey his points
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Never mind.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Just wondering, btw, why this is in here instead of the Romper Room? Dunno why we want to air our dirty laundry in the public forum. Right now the forum page says 67 viewing, 11 members and 56 guests, although most of those 'guests' are probably members that aren't logged in.
    Probably because it's the most interesting thing happening in all of football right now. Just a guess.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    His people just contacted me, and he will only return if you get the "blushing face" and "rolling eyes" thingys activated. Without these, he says he is not able to properly convey his points
    Just click on [more] in the advanced screen.

And if that dont work I can get a dime piece.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Just wondering, btw, why this is in here instead of the Romper Room? Dunno why we want to air our dirty laundry in the public forum. Right now the forum page says 67 viewing, 11 members and 56 guests, although most of those 'guests' are probably members that aren't logged in.
    Fuck!! The ratings havent been that good in a while!!

Maybe Harlan will drop the bomb and finally admit he likes his sausage on the vine.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Never mind.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    What a joke!

Calls into question the wonderful predict the 2010 records thread where RG says we're going to go 16-0 and then goes off the deep end. Joe then steps in a says its OK (or something to that effect. But I can't find the thread to see if that is really how it happened). Then RG admits he was purposefully stirring up shit. Then PMs to Joe had riduculous answers. Of course I can't find the thread because the search function doesn't work.

It's backhanded shit like this that destroys forums. This is why I left for a month in December after shitty PM responses from Joe, which are now painfully clear.

I'll come back and post in gameday threads I'm sure and a little bit here or there but fuck it.

Mad, I haven't even met you face-to-face but consider you a friend. You should have told everyone you were burnt out. We all understand that. If you get up to Lambeau I'll buy you a beer. Just PM me.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 06-10-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    Holy Christ on the Christmas Cross, what did I get myself into. This is some serious sowing circle shit. You guys have more Drama than TNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    Holy Christ on the Christmas Cross, what did I get myself into. This is some serious sowing circle shit. You guys have more Drama than TNT.

I'd like to say this was a lockout phenomenon. I really would.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    What a joke!

Calls into question the wonderful predict the 2010 records thread where RG says we're going to go 16-0 and then goes off the deep end. Joe then steps in a says its OK (or something to that effect. But I can't find the thread to see if that is really how it happened). Then RG admits he was purposefully stirring up shit. Then PMs to Joe had riduculous answers. Of course I can't find the thread because the search function doesn't work.

It's backhanded shit like this that destroys forums. This is why I left for a month in December after shitty PM responses from Joe, which are now painfully clear.

I'll come back and post in gameday threads I'm sure and a little bit here or there but fuck it.

Mad, I haven't even met you face-to-face but consider you a friend. You should have told everyone you were burnt out. We all understand that. If you get up to Lambeau I'll buy you a beer. Just PM me.

"And tell us, how did this negatively affect your life?"

Seriously now. Is this such a terrible thing to happen to you? This won't destroy this forum. This forum was built on assfuckery like this. The only mistake they made is not following my advice to the letter. I told madtown to convince everyone that he had sold the forum to a black guy. It was the height of Obamamania, and no one, NO ONE, was going to question a black guy on his qualifications, decisions, or nationality. Imagine the beautiful work retail could have done with the race card in his pocket as Coaltrain Joe!
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post

Seriously now. Is this such a terrible thing to happen to you? This won't destroy this forum. This forum was built on assfuckery like this. The only mistake they made is not following my advice to the letter. I told madtown to convince everyone that he had sold the forum to a black guy. It was the height of Obamamania, and no one, NO ONE, was going to question a black guy on his qualifications, decisions, or nationality. Imagine the beautiful work retail could have done with the race card in his pocket as Coaltrain Joe!
    You might have been able to pull this off, or perhaps Tyrone in a seriously demented way, but me? No chance. I couldn't act black in front of a firing squad.

The whole ThunderDan saga is a really bad miniseries that would be canceled after about 90 minutes. It is three years in the making, and is best left swept under the rug in the corner with that pink elephant no one else is talking about.

Just click on [more] in the advanced screen.

And if that dont work I can get a dime piece.
    I think it works on Chrome and maybe some versions of IE. It doesn't work on Firefox, except when you create a new post.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If you see them why cant you tell me?
    Sorry... I like having the non-football forums visible to the general public. I don't know how it works, but it was easier to find some of these other forums with google searches for Packer blogs/forums

I personally like a wide-open forum. The multiple Favre threads didn't bother me. Mixing in OT threads with football stuff doesn't bother me. Personal insults doesn't bother me. Threads that descend into two or so posters bickering doesn't bother me - I'll just make a new thread or something. Harlan bothers me. Bigguns bothers me. Hoosier bothers me. But they made me want to post more. Based on what other people have written in the past, it just seems as thought there are certain people who can't take the heat of a heated debate/discussion/shouting match. Granted, if all you have are insulting posts, that's a problem. I've seen this make other sites close to unreadable, but mostly once people ID the trolls, they know how to avoid them. In general, the tolerance level for nasty posts, and disagreeable posters should be higher. The only thing that should get someone banned long term/permanently would be the violation of the privacy rule.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    "And tell us, how did this negatively affect your life?"

Let's see.

RG and I have never been able to stand each other. So what, I can ignore him. Or at least I learned to. Kind of like after Partial and I banged heads in the "Swish" thread.

Then Joe PMs me and says he talked to RG and RG agreed to stay clear but still response to a large majority of my posts. RG personally attacks me and I point this out to Joe and nothing.

I get an e-mail from admin saying I'm on double secret probation for 2 weeks for telling packerbacker1234 that he's sad that the Vikings lost and that they wouldn't make the playoffs so he wouldn't be able to watch more Favre games. Then Joe goes off on me because I PMed back and said RG is probably behind all of this (the green indicator next to his name lit up) and packerbacker1234 really will be sad that he won't see more BF games. (Not a personal attack but the truth) It was then that I was pretty sure that there was a RG/Joe connection and I never PMed him again or responded directly to RG no matter how many times he entered a thread.

Now I learn that all 3 are pretty much the same person. Nothing terrible happened to me. The above just completely taints my view of this site. That's all.

Like I said, I'll post once in a while and will post in the gameday threads.
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 06-10-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

What a joke!

Here's my question - did it really bother so much that Retail went off the deep end that you had to PM "Joe." I thought Retail was out of his mind, but I told him so right in that thread. You knew he was stirring up shit. So when I got the reprimand from "Joe" I just put ole' "Retail" on the "Ignore" list. LOL. Who cares? Were you scarred for life by your negative Packerrats experience? I wasn't. Just move on. You have good things to post, why get hung up on BS like "Joe" or "Retail" stirring the pot?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I get an e-mail from admin saying I'm on double secret probation for 2 weeks for telling packerbacker1234 that he's sad that the Vikings lost and that they woun't make the playoffs so he wouldn't be able to watch more Favre games.

If this is true, this is the lame-ass stuff I'm talking about. No one should get in trouble with "Joe" or "Retail" for bantering with a Favre/Viking fan. It's an internet forum for crissakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Here's my question - did it really bother so much that Retail went off the deep end that you had to PM "Joe." I thought Retail was out of his mind, but I told him so right in that thread. You knew he was stirring up shit. So when I got the reprimand from "Joe" I just put ole' "Retail" on the "Ignore" list. LOL. Who cares? Were you scarred for life by your negative Packerrats experience? I wasn't. Just move on. You have good things to post, why get hung up on BS like "Joe" or "Retail" stirring the pot?
    Well, it didn't bother me. Dan thinks I "can't stand him". I don't know the guy. Don't really care if I ever get to know him. But the PM's were ludicrous.

When he asked Joe for retail to back off. I did. Wide berth. Did I respond to his posts? Sure. On questions of substance, I'd ask. I disagree with the insulting stuff.

But here's the rub. And it isn't going to ever change. When he first joined, no one knew anything about him. One day he was pontificating in FYI, I believe, about Obama and the economy. I found it ridiculous then, and still do today. I recommended a macro/micro economics class at the local community college. And all hell broke loose.

That was followed over the next few months with tax advice, telling one poster that social security taxes were filed on the front page of the 1040, and something else, I don't remember. I jumped in to correct those, and admittedly probably did dig a bit at Dan. His response was to go into this long winded/detailed explanation of how he helped one of his clients wind up with a lower overall effective rate than a minimum wage earner on a w2. That's like comparing a hummer to a volt. Any accountant who has spent 10 minutes in a tax class understands that the most undesirable way to earn a living from a tax standpoint is to work on a w2.

After about 3 months of this BS, I apologized to Dan regarding the econ class recommendations. But he won't accept it, so nothing changes, or ever will change. Like I said, it's better swept under the rug.

You referred to us as Oil/water. That was true, for a period. This one will still be in effect (from his vantage) when the next ice age sweeps in and kills us all.