Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Met several PACKER PLAYERS last night - first impressions.

Met several PACKER PLAYERS last night - first impressions.

My wife and I went to Greg Jennings' Celebrity Golf Extravaganza last night. Only the dinner part, not while they were golfing. And I had the opportunity to meet a lot of players, as they were just walking around the event. Now I will post my impressions of each player, but I want to make it clear, I KNOW that players are constantly bombarded by fans for pictures and autographs and can't please everyone. And I also know that a 10 second moment with a player doesn't make me an expert. So if I say that a guy was dick, I know he really may be a great guy and was just having "a moment." The event last night was a NO AUTOGRAPH event but the players were aware they would be taking pictures with fans, so it's not like we caught them off-guard.

PLAYERS I GOT PICTURES WITH:

Tob Crabtree - Really, really nice guy. More built than I thought he would be. Dressed in a flanel and jeans. Great guy.

Tramon Williams - Nice guy. Soft spoken. Quick picture and out.

Brandon Jackson - Very nice. Built but very short. I asked him if he was staying in GB and he said "I can't guarantee anything." What else is he going to say?

Nick Collins - Holy shit is this guy built. Dressed in a purple sweater with a tie on underneath.

Nick Barnett - Nice. Very quiet actually.

Bradon Chillar - Super social, was talking with everyone. People loved him. One guy called him Zombo over and over until he had to say "Im not Zombo!" But a really nice guy. Dressed in a Bob Marley T-shirt.

Jermichael Finley - Super nice. Quick picture and out but was more than willing to stop and find a spot to take a good picture.

Sam Shields - Okay, so we were in the tent eatting and Sam was standing right next to us. When he was off his phone I asked him for a quick photo. He let me take a photo with him even thought he was eatting dinner. But it wasn't like it was a sit down thing. More like a picnic setting and we were all standing around small round tables. I felt bad about asking him, like a douche fan, but he was nice enough. Sorry Sam, but thank you! Great photo by the way!

PLAYERS I MET BUT DIDN'T TAKE A PHOTO WITH:

Charles Woodson - He came out and took about 2 photos and then put his hand up saying he had to go. He left the even early.

Atari Bigby - I could have had a photo with him but he looked miserable. He did not go up on stage when they called all the Packers up there and left early. Seemed like he didnt want to be there. But who knows.

Jordy Nelson and Swain - Both were very nice but busy when I met them. Jordy was shorter than I thought he would be. But what a player!

Mark Tauscher - Very popular. Nice guy.

Matt Flynn - Was a complete dick. Arrogant, cocky and seemed like a spoiled country club kid. Was more interested in the really hot woman (wife?) he was with than any of the fans trying to talk to him. Not approachable at all. Maybe he is a nice guy, but it didnt show last night.

Josh Sitton - MASSIVE! A lot of people wanted to talk with him. He couldnt go ten feet without people coming up to him. Wife looked like she was getting annoyed. But they were both nice to everyone.

Jarrett Bush - For the life of me, I could not place him when he came past me. He was very nice. I would have gotten a pic with him but I just couldnt think of his name. Not a rip on him, just a brain fart on my part.

PLAYER I COULD GET NO WHERE NEAR:

Aaron Rodgers - He was there but stayed mostly in the VIP areas. Star quarterback, not really surprised by this.

Greg Jennings - He was just really, really busy. It was his event so I could understand why. He walked past me once and he is not a big guy at all.

So those are my impressions. The food was okay, the silent auction was great (I won some cool ass shit) and the player interaction was fantastic.
    Last edited by gbpackfan; 06-11-2011 at 12:14 PM.

QUICK STORY:

So while I was taking the picture with Nick Collins, my idiot friend reached back and tried to put bunny ears on me. He couldn't reach that far so it just looked like a peace sign between Nick and I. But his whole arm and face are in the picture and you could tell what he was trying to do. I told him he was an asshole for ruining the pic. It was kinda funny but who does that? I mean, this wasnt a picture with my mom and dad. How many times am I going to meet Collins?

So he started to feel bad and after my wife and I left, he found Collins and told him the story. Collins put him in a headlock and put bunny ears on him and they had a picture taken. I just got it! I wish I could post the pictures but Im dumb, so I dont know how. So funny!

One thing I do know. Barnett had just gotten off of a plane. I know he got back from Europe a few days ago and may have flown somewhere else in the meantime. He's completely jet-lagged so that might be why he was quiet.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Great story! It would be nice if you could post pics, but I'm just like you... I have no clue how to post them on here. Atari Bigby must know his days are numbered as a Packer. Sorry to hear that about Flynn. I guess one good game got to him.

Awesome!

Could you have golfed there too? Or was it just for the players?

I think if you sponsored the event, you could have. But I don't golf, hate the sport. No offense, it's just not for me. The country club seemed open for business. Many members were there.

Oh, and I also met James Jones. Shook my hand and said "what's up big dog?" Seemed really tall.

Quote Originally Posted by gbpackfan View Post
    Oh, and I also met James Jones. Shook my hand and said "what's up big dog?" Seemed really tall.
    Strange. You said Jordy seemed short and Jones seemed tall. Yet, Jordy is 2-3 inches taller than Jones.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I think if you sponsored the event, you could have. But I don't golf, hate the sport. No offense, it's just not for me. The country club seemed open for business. Many members were there.
    Where was the event at?

I know CM III has an event up at Wild Rock in the Dells soon.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Strange. You said Jordy seemed short and Jones seemed tall. Yet, Jordy is 2-3 inches taller than Jones.
    Maybe Jones was wearing heels.

Nice, I met Hines Ward, James Farrior, and the Steelers LG last night at a bar. Didn't take a picture because I didn't want to be "that guy" but all were cool as shit. I asked them if the Steelers would take a chance on Burress and all were quick to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Nice, I met Hines Ward, James Farrior, and the Steelers LG last night at a bar. Didn't take a picture because I didn't want to be "that guy" but all were cool as shit. I asked them if the Steelers would take a chance on Burress and all were quick to say no.
    Damn...you should have thrown in a "nice try" as a Super Bowl jab. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I know. Just what I remember. Jones seemed to be a lot taller than Jordy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Where was the event at?

I know CM III has an event up at Wild Rock in the Dells soon.
    Merrill Hills Country Club in Waukesha, WI

Blog Entries
    Anybody have info on teh event at the Dells....what it's for ? Cost of event...ect ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think CMIII's event at the Dells was last weekend. No news on whether Brandon Underwood was there.

What about his whores? Were they there?

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    What about his whores? Were they there?
    The whores are always there. Always.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Tob Crabtree - Really, really nice guy. More built than I thought he would be. Dressed in a flanel and jeans. Great guy.
    Did he give you a funny look when you said "Hey, Tob, howya doin?"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm reminded of a funny story from the 1990 Gus Macker Tourney at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. The "guest of honor" is Bucks backup F/C Fred Roberts. The guy does a half-hour "clinic" talking almost exclusively about how to defend Michael Jordan. The crowd is polite, but everyone is kind of uncomfortable because we all know that Fred knows nothing about defending Jordan as demonstrated repeatedly in games. Even if we grant that he knows how to defend Jordan in theory, we know that in practice he can't do it. So the "class" ends and he goes over to the shoe tent (probably Nike or Reebok) to sign autographs. My buddy, whose playing on my 3 man squad, goes over and says "Hey, can I see those shoes over there in a size 11 1/2?" Fred Says "Hey, I'm Fred Roberts." My Buddy says: "Hi Fred, nice to meet you. Now can I see those shoes in a size 11 1/2." Fred gets pissed and leaves. LOL.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck