Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the King

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok so question to those who care. Do we ban sheephead so that his royal highness tarlam can stay? You mfers pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Ok so question to those who care. Do we ban sheephead so that his royal highness tarlam can stay? You mfers pick.

Excuse me? for what?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    Excuse me? for what?
    Because no one likes you.

But I can't in good conscience say that you should be banned. Goes against the idea this place is founded upon. Tarlam made his own choice. He could put you on ignore if he wanted, but he chose to leave. Sheep and Tarlam, or just Sheep is my vote unless he does something like post personal information about another poster or threaten another posters family. That should be grounds for permanent banning.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Skinbasket has teeth?
    Those made of jello seem to think so.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

[QUOTE=Zool;599787]Because no one likes you.

What does that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I thought there was something specific he got banned for? I mean beyond being irritating as hell.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Because no one likes you.

But I can't in good conscience say that you should be banned.
    I would normally agree, but he's already been banned, even though he "quit" before he was fired. I just happened across that thread yesterday, though I can't remember where it is. Look, I haven't followed the whole Tarlam/Sheep history, but I've seen the problems it causes. I can only assume that Tarlam felt that mad or joe or whoever had already decided once before that Sheep was the problem and that bringing him back violated a sense of trust between him and madtown. I'm not thrilled about partial coming back after how destructive he's proven to be to the forum and how disrespectful of other posters he's been in the past, so I wouldn't care if madtown banned him again tomorrow just because he feels like it because he's already used up his chances, and then some. I'm not going to demand he be banned or that anyone make a decision between him and me, but I also don't hate him to the point that I threaten to kill him.

Releasing the village of the banned upon our citizens seems to be causing some problems. Which is probably why they were banned in the first place. Sheep isn't just some innocent poster who Tarlam singled out. He's someone who acted douchey enough in the past to be banned, which is quite the feat here. As such, between someone who's been banned already and someone who I feel constitutes part of the soul of this place, I vote for keeping Tarlam if he'll come back.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    I thought there was something specific he got banned for? I mean beyond being irritating as hell.
    Anybody who read the thread (Jenkins' Dad thread I think....which will never see the light of day again I would guess) knows what went on......I can see how the two are incompatible even on an anonymous internets forum at this point.
    Last edited by HowardRoark; 07-26-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Losing Tarlam would blow but I don't think you can just ban sheephead to keep him happy. I don't know the story behind Tarlam and sheep but judging by his reaction to seeing he was back... Sheep ran a way with his pregnant wife and had the child aborted or wore a Bears hat.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I wasn't banned

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    I wasn't banned
    Yes you were. Thirty, I normally would agree with not just banning someone to keep someone else happy, but I believe this was a permanent banning for cause, in which case I think it should be enforced. It also serves to keep a long time favorite poster around.

Thanks, Howard. I'll go seek clarification. I remember the banned part, just not the what for part.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Yes you were. Thirty, I normally would agree with not just banning someone to keep someone else happy, but I believe this was a permanent banning for cause, in which case I think it should be enforced. It also serves to keep a long time favorite poster around.

Thanks, Howard. I'll go seek clarification. I remember the banned part, just not the what for part.
    LOL, I was?? I could still sign on as did from time to time..how does that work?

I remember it well. I've seen some low blows and lines crossed around here but that one took the cake.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I would normally agree, but he's already been banned, even though he "quit" before he was fired. I just happened across that thread yesterday, though I can't remember where it is. Look, I haven't followed the whole Tarlam/Sheep history, but I've seen the problems it causes. I can only assume that Tarlam felt that mad or joe or whoever had already decided once before that Sheep was the problem and that bringing him back violated a sense of trust between him and madtown. I'm not thrilled about partial coming back after how destructive he's proven to be to the forum and how disrespectful of other posters he's been in the past, so I wouldn't care if madtown banned him again tomorrow just because he feels like it because he's already used up his chances, and then some. I'm not going to demand he be banned or that anyone make a decision between him and me, but I also don't hate him to the point that I threaten to kill him.

Releasing the village of the banned upon our citizens seems to be causing some problems. Which is probably why they were banned in the first place. Sheep isn't just some innocent poster who Tarlam singled out. He's someone who acted douchey enough in the past to be banned, which is quite the feat here. As such, between someone who's been banned already and someone who I feel constitutes part of the soul of this place, I vote for keeping Tarlam if he'll come back.
    I never saw the thread or why he was banned/not banned in the first place. If Partial is back despite his past transgressions and Ty has been invited back then Sheep should get another chance. If he fucks up, then give him the axe. Same with Partial and same with Ty. Fuck even Scott was given the axe for a few days. If you ignore the problem children they end up going away on their own. If you feed their fire then they come back because they get the attention they always wanted from their mommy/daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Maybe you never were banned Sheep...?
    C.H.U.D.

I'm with Zool for the most part....I don't like banning unless things like hacking, posting personal info...etc takes place. Sticks and stones.....but I don't run this place. I don't blame Tarlam for wanting to kill him though.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Maybe you never were banned Sheep...?
    Nooooo I wasn't. There was just too much tarlem email abuse privately, that I stopped coming. I reached out to the guy only to have vile nightly emails sent to me. Internet searches for clues on who I was. Crap like that. I had to cancel that email address. Football was over, then the strike-- so I just peaked in once in a while. Anything you remember was all done in defense. Maybe an overreach, but never was it a conversation that I initiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I remember it well. I've seen some low blows and lines crossed around here but that one took the cake.
    Now I recall a little better. I found the aftermath looking for the wreckage and it was enough to trigger my memory (thank you, Howard). I believe I heard of it and saw the wind up, but the transgression had been removed before I saw it. So what do you think?

Maybe the jury should just be made up of people who were reading that thread that afternoon. All of the other bickering and back and forth that went on between the two of them over the years became background noise for me. You could tell it was more real than the other bickering around here, but background noise nonetheless.

As much as Tarlem! seems like a good guy and those of you who have met him certainly agree that he is a really good guy……I was surprised that they both weren’t banned.

Sheep clearly went WAY over the line, and he DID bring family into the post that went over the line…….Tarlem!, in my opinion, should have been very pissed, but at some point it’s got to be shut down simply for liability reasons. I think the point occurred that day.
    Last edited by HowardRoark; 07-26-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I never saw the thread or why he was banned/not banned in the first place.
    I took another look and I guess it was that Chevelle guy who was banned. Got my assholes confused. Not used to having more than one around I guess. I guess everyone just wished sheep was banned. I hate that tarlam chose this path, but I can't even begin to guess at the rage he feels. So maybe this is the high road for him. I guess I would still pick the guy who I like over the guy who causes enough trouble that everything thinks he was banned.

We wouldn't have this problem if madtown would just accept my years old proposal that we should be forced to ban someone every 3 months. Stone them in the square.