Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the King

I apologize in advance for using the word "awesome" in multiple posts throughout this site...
    Football been very very good to me

? HOFer
    What is the social ettiquette on shooting hoops in my driveway after 10pm? I try to keep it quiet :-/ . Neighbor has a young kid (probably 5 or 6), but I'm pretty quiet and haven't had any indication that they can hear me.

? HOFer
    What is the song beneath the Jay-Z part at the beginning? This is a dope remix.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtsxfquYHf0[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    What is the song beneath the Jay-Z part at the beginning? This is a dope remix.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtsxfquYHf0[/youtube]
    "Tenderness"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    "Tenderness"

You called?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Ahem.....

? HOFer
    You guys are great

Also, popped an inner tube in a bike wheel for the first time ever today. I'm shocked it's taken this long. Since it got warm (early June), I've put on about 50-60 miles a week on my bicycle on a set route. Some of the roads are horrible, so I go over a ton of cracks. It's a road bike, so the tires are very thin. At any rate, hopefully this doesn't cost me too much to do the repair. A friend of mine wants to go on a 19 mile ride on Friday night heading south from Bay View along lake Michigan. Should be great!

What is the social ettiquette on shooting hoops in my driveway after 10pm? I try to keep it quiet :-/ . Neighbor has a young kid (probably 5 or 6), but I'm pretty quiet and haven't had any indication that they can hear me.
    Ask your neighbor if they can hear you and if they can, knock it off. If not then proceed, but still try to be quiet. I've done the Bay View ride a hundred times. It's very nice. When you get down to South Milwaukee, make sure you check out the Seven Bridges trail. It's a hiking trail that leads to the lake.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

You guys are great

Also, popped an inner tube in a bike wheel for the first time ever today. I'm shocked it's taken this long. Since it got warm (early June), I've put on about 50-60 miles a week on my bicycle on a set route. Some of the roads are horrible, so I go over a ton of cracks. It's a road bike, so the tires are very thin. At any rate, hopefully this doesn't cost me too much to do the repair. A friend of mine wants to go on a 19 mile ride on Friday night heading south from Bay View along lake Michigan. Should be great!
    Buy a little seat bag and keep a small patch kit, one spare tube, a tire tool and pump in it. Stop calling your mother to come rescue you for fucks sake.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Buy a little seat bag and keep a small patch kit, one spare tube, a tire tool and pump in it. Stop calling your mother to come rescue you for fucks sake.

I think you can keep calling Mom for help with a flat until you're 26. Or maybe that's staying on their insurance under Obamacare.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

? HOFer
    Yes I probably should do this.

Rand, keep the politics out of my thread. We don't need your asshatery here.

? HOFer
    Gave blood today. I wonder how many of the people in GOP thread give blood regularly? I'm guessing not many. I would rather these people didn't get to use my o negative.
    Last edited by Partial; 07-21-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Gave blood today. I wonder how many of the people in GOP thread give blood regularly? I'm guessing not many. I would rather these people didn't get to use my o negative.
    I'm B-positive. The world could use more of my type. Too bad I'm not allowed to donate blood.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No one wants your mongrel blood P. Not even vampires.

As for the hoops it is summer so if you are in your driveway I say 11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    what the kind of bicycle tire do you change with a tire iron?

Road bikes - almost always. At least that's how it used to be. Mountain bikes have beads that aren't so tight that you can't change them with your hands.

You guys are great

Also, popped an inner tube in a bike wheel for the first time ever today. I'm shocked it's taken this long. Since it got warm (early June), I've put on about 50-60 miles a week on my bicycle on a set route. Some of the roads are horrible, so I go over a ton of cracks. It's a road bike, so the tires are very thin. At any rate, hopefully this doesn't cost me too much to do the repair.

Bike tubes are cheap. I wouldn't screw with patches, but to each their own.

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...egoryId=400905

And keep your politics out of my thread. Yes, this used to be your thread. But it got re-distributed to me because the government thinks I'm more deserving.
    Last edited by Scott Campbell; 07-21-2011 at 05:05 PM.

I cant give blood for another fives months due to the fucking nasty/sweaty jungle disease I picked up last year. Shortage up here now....been calling for all types all week.
    C.H.U.D.

I cant give blood for another fives months due to the fucking nasty/sweaty jungle disease I picked up last year. Shortage up here now....been calling for all types all week.
    Mike can't give it for another few months because Honduras is a malaria zone.