Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Return of the King

I place my innocence in the vault of me heart. The door slams closed with the echos of the remorseful years and the tyranny of their scorched remains. Stupidly, I hope.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    too bad, I thought partial was back.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I place my innocence in the vault of me heart. The door slams closed with the echos of the remorseful years and the tyranny of their scorched remains. Stupidly, I hope.
    Vague.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I need to remember this, so next time I see you I have reason to punch you right in the face.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    You need another reason?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Brushing up on my poetry jams. Another 4 years of Obama is going to mean required poetry jams and general vanigaism.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I'm sure Partial shot a load after AAPL closed over $500 today.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I'm sure Partial shot a load after AAPL closed over $500 today.

I always knew that kid was onto something.

Greetings and salutations. I intended to use this account to discuss the Pack exlcusively, but honestly this place is pretty much dead. Long live the king. Hope all is well.

Updates:

Mrs. B and I bought a house out in Pewaukee. We're closing Feb 15th. Nice little VDay gift for the Mrs. if I do say so myself.

Work is going well. Life is going well. Weigh a comfortable 200 lbs these days. Not a bad gig.

What are you nerds up to?

Oh, Patler... told you I was right. Since I bought AAPL, I basically tripled my money, then sold off in the high 600s, then bought another buttload of it in the low 600s. Wifey and I set ourselves up very well financially for the foreseeable future.

Protip: BUY EVERY PENNY OF AAPL THAT YOU POSSIBLY CAN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT WILL HIT 1K within 15-16 months, effectively doubling your money.

Insults and arrogance: well played, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I intended to use this account to discuss the Pack exlcusively
    Well that lasted exactly... zero posts.

Oh, Patler... told you I was right. Since I bought AAPL, I basically tripled my money, then sold off in the high 600s, then bought another buttload of it in the low 600s. Wifey and I set ourselves up very well financially for the foreseeable future.

Protip: BUY EVERY PENNY OF AAPL THAT YOU POSSIBLY CAN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT WILL HIT 1K within 15-16 months, effectively doubling your money.
    I think you are "mis-remembering" my position on AAPL. As you might recall, I too own AAPL. You did EXACTLY as I said you should, but you didn't seem to think was necessary a while back. You took profits off the table. At one time you suggested putting everything you own in APPL, and just sitting on it because it was on a one way rocket trip to $1000. I think you were predicting 1000/share by fourth quarter 2011, weren't you? It hasn't come close to that. I said there would be swings, and buying and selling opportunities along the way. The recent swing was a portfolio value buster for anyone who owned too much and held tight on the fall from 700.

I have done just fine buying and selling AAPL every now and then, while continuing to hold at least some since I first purchased it. But, I own less now than I did a year ago. I have not yet bought more for quite a while, and will not until they prove more to me again. They have missed earnings estimates 2 consecutive quarters, and three of the last five. If they miss again, the market will not be kind, and could present a much lower buying opportunity (or maybe a final warning to get out completely for a while). If they have a good report, there will be ample time to get back in if it seems like the right choice at the time.

I can say the same thing about gold "Ishmael"....they would have made more money doing that.
    C.H.U.D.

Since I bought AAPL, I basically tripled my money, then sold off in the high 600s, then bought another buttload of it in the low 600s. Wifey and I set ourselves up very well financially for the foreseeable future.
    You sold AAPL "in the high 600s" and bought in the low $600s. Right now, the "buttload" you bought "in the low 600s" is showing a loss of around 15% with AAPL trading at around 525.

Meanwhile, I sold AAPL stock at $655 in October. I bought Leapfrog (LF) just under $7.80 and sold yesterday at just above $8.90. I can buy back into AAPL at a 15% discount from where you bought back in, if I chose to do that.

If I buy AAPL now, I can make 30% on the money I got from my sale of AAPL in October when you will have broken even on your sale "in the high 600s" and repurchase of "another buttload of it in the low 600s".

Pardon me if I don't take your investing advice.

I'm worried about Partial - er, Ishmael - taking all these butt loads. Mrs. B may not like that so much. On the subject of butt loads however, where is Harlan?

Damned rand I cannot rep you for that post since I have to spread my love around according to this hippie website. Funny stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by wootah View Post
    Damned rand I cannot rep you for that post since I have to spread my love around according to this hippie website. Funny stuff!

I appreciate that, Clark

They're not gonna miss Patler. They are going to have a blowout Q1 just like last year. Maybe not 25% above expectations, but well above wall st. I'm expecting 50M+ iPhones, 25M+ iPads, etc. Asymco has them at 60B revenue. That seems about right.

Not criticizing your strats. I don't care one bit. I don't have the time to read about many stocks. For me, holding AAPL long is where it's at. Andy Zaky is historically one of the best AAPL analysts and he has it hitting 1K in 15 months. I believe him. We have 27.2% in AAPL, 45.4% cash, 27.2% mutual funds right now.

Anyway, later guys. No time these days for this sort of thing anymore. Growing up is kind of a drag, man.
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 01-08-2013 at 11:24 PM.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png