Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: Return of the King

If old members are coming back, what happened to Jerry Tagge??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

LOL. It's always nice when you come by for a visit. Don't forget to call your mother!
    C.H.U.D.

Protip: cash is a great investment.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Protip: cash is a great investment.
    QFT

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is this lame assklown suppose to be partial? Wow the king truly is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Is this lame assklown suppose to be partial? Wow the king truly is dead.
    You got my account locked out homie. Just popping in for the playoffs. I'm excited, dude. Worried, but excited.

Cash is for down payment on house, Skin. We are closing in middle of Feb.

Just saying, that's a large percentage of cash. I'm guessing you're putting a large amount down and doing a short term mortgage, but still, half your assets in cash (or real estate for that matter)... yikes. Hope your other investments stay strong.

And congratulations on finally making an honest woman out of your dime piece. You going to start a family proper soon?

Just saying, that's a large percentage of cash. I'm guessing you're putting a large amount down and doing a short term mortgage, but still, half your assets in cash (or real estate for that matter)... yikes. Hope your other investments stay strong.

And congratulations on finally making an honest woman out of your dime piece. You going to start a family proper soon?
    Thanks! The Mrs. wants to have a kid when she is 29 so in two years. Scary stuff.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

don't do 30 year unless you have to, and don't have to. 15 year max, pay twice a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    LOL!

"That was my grandma's table!"

I think it's bullshit but it was funny nonetheless.....

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think you are "mis-remembering" my position on AAPL. As you might recall, I too own AAPL. You did EXACTLY as I said you should, but you didn't seem to think was necessary a while back. You took profits off the table. At one time you suggested putting everything you own in APPL, and just sitting on it because it was on a one way rocket trip to $1000. I think you were predicting 1000/share by fourth quarter 2011, weren't you? It hasn't come close to that. I said there would be swings, and buying and selling opportunities along the way. The recent swing was a portfolio value buster for anyone who owned too much and held tight on the fall from 700.

I have done just fine buying and selling AAPL every now and then, while continuing to hold at least some since I first purchased it. But, I own less now than I did a year ago. I have not yet bought more for quite a while, and will not until they prove more to me again. They have missed earnings estimates 2 consecutive quarters, and three of the last five. If they miss again, the market will not be kind, and could present a much lower buying opportunity (or maybe a final warning to get out completely for a while). If they have a good report, there will be ample time to get back in if it seems like the right choice at the time.
    Patlerized with a baseball bat with a bunch of 16d nails pounded through it.

Holy shit that was an ass-kicking, Mr. P.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    You got my account locked out homie. Just popping in for the playoffs. I'm excited, dude. Worried, but excited.

Cash is for down payment on house, Skin. We are closing in middle of Feb.

And u didn't even look me up for the home loan ? Dick.................lol......j/k
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Apple drops 10% in after hours trading after missing forecasts again. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...90M1HD20130123
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Time to buy...

C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    And u didn't even look me up for the home loan ? Dick.................lol......j/k
    I thought you were out of that business now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    We went with a close family friend. Otherwise I definitely would have. Locked in at a whopping 3.25% APR w00t w00t.

As for AAPL... amazing buying opportunity. They just had the best quarter by a company ever, excluding big oil companies. They aren't going anywhere any time soon.

AAPL will hit 1K. I planned it out to happen in 2014. It might take until 2015 or 2016, but it will happen (assuming a split doesn't occur).

PE of 10, record profits, record revenue, 20% growth, etc.

Last year for Q2, they had a 47% profit margin. This year they'll be about 39% for the same quarter. Updating all of their products in past 3-4 months killed margins in the short term, but that is a very short sighted view. They'll get production under control and get margins back up, while still selling an insane amount of stuff. I cannot emphasize enough how much I would buy. Bearish sentiment + strong fundamentals + obvious consumer interest = TIME TO BUYYYYYYY (Axel Rose)

Other stock tips from me:

1. AAPL is gonna fall to 370ish temporarily before a huge rally. Follow Peter Ghostine on Twitter. Dude has an unbelievable track record with technical trades and market patterns. I intend to offload around 470 and rebuy at 370ish.

2. AMZN is going to pop soon. Yes, they have the potential to be a huge, wealthy company someday. They are so incredibly overvalued right now, it's insane. They don't meet expectations (short on revenue, earnings per share, margin, etc) and the stock still jumps 10%. Fundamentals are very weak. Expect a correction soon.

Don't make excuses for AAPL. They screwed up, plain and simple. Now they have to pay the piper.

In the market, perception and momentum mean a lot; and AAPL has managed of cut the guts out of amazingly strong positions in both. They screwed up in many, many ways; not the least of which was providing ultra conservative (which in the market means "inaccurate") forward guidance for years. When they continually beat estimates on ever increasing earnings, and almost continually increasing rates of increase, investors just winked and bought more shares. Now, in the last year and a half they have not only provided more accurate guidance, they have missed estimates, shown their worst earnings increase projections in years and lowered guidance significantly.

Until 6-12 months ago, fund managers HAD to own AAPL. Virtually every analyst provided continually increasing price estimates, so individual investors followed right along with the fund managers.

Fund managers have dumped a tom of AAPL shares in the last month, and will continue to sell as price estimate revisions come in lower and lower. Any momentum will be negative. Any glitch in AAPL's sales, supply or releasesswill likely bring on more downward pressure.

You may have to adjust your "offload" price. It looks like a ceiling could be forming at about $460. It might be a while before we see $470 again.

Will you be selling any of the "buttload" of shares you told us that you bought in the low $600s? That will be locking in a loss of about 20-25%. Locking in a loss and buying back in at a lower price is not the same as locking in a profit and buying back in on a dip. There are different tax and securities implications when you do that. Make sure you understand what you are doing and be aware of the timings of your transactions to avoid unintended consequences.
    Last edited by Patler; 01-30-2013 at 06:30 PM.

AAPL could become a range bound stock, trading in a narrow band well below "typical" P/E and other ratios common among the smaller dogs in their industry. It is something that can happen to a big dog when the luster is lost from a stock with huge market capital. A fall from +700 to just above 400 in about 3 months can cause a strange change in perception.