Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ziggy: Did you feel the ground shake?

Ziggy: Did you feel the ground shake?

Earthquake in DC?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Felt as far away as Marthas Vineyard. I heard Barry had to take a stroke.

Wife felt it in Cincinnati. Not in a tall building, but apparently it moved plenty enough for her.

I didn't notice anything, but I do have a lot of gas today.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

they felt it from atlanta to toronto

pretty big area

Image from the damage to a DC area CVS pharmacy:

OH! THE HUMANITY!

The White House and Pentagon also evacuated under threat of falling shampoo bottles. I remember some criticizing Bush when he took to the sky in AF1 when airplanes were hurtling into buildings and I thought those people were being ridiculous, so considering the similar seriousness of the damage wrought today, I'll refrain from calling this administration cowardly.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/eart...-and-new-york/

I felt it in MD. There is a lesson to be learned here.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Found this: Breaking News: it's just been established by the administration that the DC earthquake occurred on a rare and obscure faultline, apparently known as "Bush's Fault".

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Ziggy: Did you feel the ground shake?
    Not from the earthquake, but maybe when she had some conservative inside her, as bobble suggested.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    Found this: Breaking News: it's just been established by the administration that the DC earthquake occurred on a rare and obscure faultline, apparently known as "Bush's Fault".
    That's pretty good
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Image from the damage to a DC area CVS pharmacy:

OH! THE HUMANITY!

The White House and Pentagon also evacuated under threat of falling shampoo bottles. I remember some criticizing Bush when he took to the sky in AF1 when airplanes were hurtling into buildings and I thought those people were being ridiculous, so considering the similar seriousness of the damage wrought today, I'll refrain from calling this administration cowardly.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/eart...-and-new-york/
    If only flash mobs were so tidy

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Wife felt it in Cincinnati. Not in a tall building, but apparently it moved plenty enough for her.
    The first time she felt the earth move since she's been with you, no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    The first time she felt the earth move since she's been with you, no doubt
    *sigh* Someone already used that joke in this thread.

All the more laughable for some were the images of people fleeing buildings—the exact opposite of what you’re supposed to do in a quake.
    Jesus, this administration can't even get this shit right. Too bad some buildings didn't reduce our federal workforce.

What a yawn.... JHC.... try living on the "Left" coast.... for a myriad of reasons.... 5.8...LOL! Ooooh.... Boxes of Captain Crunch on the floor... OHHHH MYYYYYYY!!!!
    Last edited by easy cheesy; 08-25-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    Football been very very good to me

Yes, we felt it. I was in a meeting and at first thought it was a freight train or something and then it got stronger and we then figured out it was an earthquake. The idiot inside me thought, "hey, cool!" Then the building kind of shuddered and it went away. Somewhere in there, it completely screwed up my phone though. I'm now shopping for a used one until I'm eligible for a new one in January. Since I don't want to go through Partial's crap and dig through the smartphone thread, anyone got suggestions for a phone that can tide me over until January? Must take the standard charger 'cause I'm not getting all new accessories again.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

All of my joking aside, I'm very concerned about our East Coaster's and Hurricane Irene... stay safe....
    Football been very very good to me

I lived in Florida for years. The hurricane is nothing. It will rain. Probably be windy too, but once it hits shore, it settles down pretty quickly.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Yes, we felt it. I was in a meeting and at first thought it was a freight train or something and then it got stronger and we then figured out it was an earthquake. The idiot inside me thought, "hey, cool!" Then the building kind of shuddered and it went away. Somewhere in there, it completely screwed up my phone though. I'm now shopping for a used one until I'm eligible for a new one in January. Since I don't want to go through Partial's crap and dig through the smartphone thread, anyone got suggestions for a phone that can tide me over until January? Must take the standard charger 'cause I'm not getting all new accessories again.
    Have you taken it somewhere to be looked at first? My wife dumped a bottle of water over hers (don't ask) and I got it fixed for $60.

Quote Originally Posted by easy cheesy View Post
    All of my joking aside, I'm very concerned about our East Coaster's and Hurricane Irene... stay safe....
    So, lemme get this straight. You "yawn" on a 5.8 earthquake, and are "concerned" about some wind and rain? I guess this proves it is all what you grew up with. I had T-storms growing up in the midwest, followed by 20 years of earthquake experience in Cal/Wa, and now live in the deep south with the hurricane threat.

I guess that's one way to become weather "fearless".