Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Another boring money post

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Over half of the population is women+gay guys and those people buy hip and trendy things so Apple as a business won't run out of customers.
    Nicely done sir. Especially with the Whiskey Bar juxtaposition.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I wasn't going to add to the threadjacking in here but I just have to respond to this gem. I love how you think Apple is the cause of all this and not the effect. Nobody should be shocked that things that cost more are purchased by people with more money. I had to Google to find out what you were talking about with the "more sex" statement and this is what I found that I'm assuming you're talking about:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/08/gadget-sex/

Its study shows that iphone users have nearly twice as many sexual partners by age 30 than android users. Not twice as much sex, twice as many partners. Hilarious that this could be construed as a sign of better judgement.

I get the appeal of Apple products, I really do. They make designer gizmos. When you see a laptop in a movie its never a Dell. They are devices that double as fashion accessories. Choosing the brand gives one a feeling that they are elite, same as the people who choose Target over Wal-Mart, or a Prius over a Ford. There is nothing wrong with the products, its everything that comes with it that make me sick. I want a phone, not a lifestyle. They come with a sticker for your car! When I see a guy who looks like me that is using a mac or an iphone do I assume good things? No. I think to myself "That guy is either gay, or is a smug asshole. He probably goes to starbucks, drives a prius, likes soccer, and voted for Obama."

Ever been to the Whiskey Bar in cathedral square? Its got a lot going for it including a manly name, and a great setup. Only problem is that somewhere along the way, intolerable spray-tanned douchbags with faux-hawks decided to make it their place to drink vodka and date rape women. I feel so bad for the owner who probably thought their higher prices and badass selection of American booze would lead to a clientele of gentlemen with beards sipping cowboy juice. The Whiskey Bar tragedy is exactly what happened with Apple. The costumers wrecked it for me.

That said, I fully understand that I'm not in Apple's targeted demographic as a linux-wielding lumberjack. Over half of the population is women+gay guys and those people buy hip and trendy things so Apple as a business won't run out of customers.
    Glad to read that some young folks have brains and common sense. Well said.

Well, now I know what to get Harlan for Christmas.

? HOFer
    All stats point to iPhone users making more money, get laid more, etc. Not saiyng theres a correlation, but one could argue that the douchebaggery of guys like RG and Ziggy is not likely to get you laid, where as my smooth talking gets me laid constantly!

I get the appeal of Apple products, I really do. They make designer gizmos. When you see a laptop in a movie its never a Dell. They are devices that double as fashion accessories. Choosing the brand gives one a feeling that they are elite, same as the people who choose Target over Wal-Mart, or a Prius over a Ford. There is nothing wrong with the products, its everything that comes with it that make me sick. I want a phone, not a lifestyle. They come with a sticker for your car! When I see a guy who looks like me that is using a mac or an iphone do I assume good things? No. I think to myself "That guy is either gay, or is a smug asshole. He probably goes to starbucks, drives a prius, likes soccer, and voted for Obama."
    That's a really judgmental statement. I'm not smug, I'm quite cheap. I never go to Starbucks, I drive an SUV, I loathe soccer, and I didn't vote for Obama. Boom, that just throws your argument out the window. Sure, some hipsters use Macs... a lot of hipsters also use linux because it's cool and counter-culture.

I could just as easily say people who still enjoy using Windows are southern redneck hicks who drive Suburbans, don't understand basic ecnomics, enjoy sleeping with their sister, and drive pickup trucks.

Both are moronic, stupid statements to make.

Ever been to the Whiskey Bar in cathedral square? Its got a lot going for it including a manly name, and a great setup. Only problem is that somewhere along the way, intolerable spray-tanned douchbags with faux-hawks decided to make it their place to drink vodka and date rape women. I feel so bad for the owner who probably thought their higher prices and badass selection of American booze would lead to a clientele of gentlemen with beards sipping cowboy juice. The Whiskey Bar tragedy is exactly what happened with Apple. The costumers wrecked it for me.
    Whiskey bar is a fine place. Never had any problems with it. Too many frat boys who use Windows there. The typical mac user is getting pussy by the truckload, so they don't need to rape when it's at home waiting for them.

That said, I fully understand that I'm not in Apple's targeted demographic as a linux-wielding lumberjack. Over half of the population is women+gay guys and those people buy hip and trendy things so Apple as a business won't run out of customers.
    The average iPhone user is a male in there 30s earning over 80k. I do agree the women enjoy iPhones (beautiful UI and wonderful device). I can't explain the gays, but my two gay friends do have iPhone 4s LOL. They don't have it because they're gay, they have it because they're smart.

No, really. They have it because they're gay. Just go over to Dupont Circle and look around. By the way, gay men also tend to make a lot of money because they don't have family priorities messing with their careers. I've decided that you're really not this stupid. You're just trying to see how idiotic you can make us believe you are. By the way. You don't fit the profile you describe because you don't even have a fucking iPhone. You don't know the user experience because you don't have the user experience except vicariously. And if every one of your friends has broken their crystal just by dropping their phone, then they're shit devices. I've dropped both my Droid and HTC a few times with no ill effect whatsoever. What kind of cheap crap are you trying to sell us?

You are what is annoying about Apple and why the brand will eventually fail. The fact of a trend is that the appeal is that not everyone has it. As soon as the market hits critical mass, the "cool" trendy appeal wears off and people drop it for the next new thing. But you won't listen to that just like you won't listen to anyone else who might have a criticism about your precious baby, even though the whole company damn near tanked once already. That's fine, but if you're not willing to look at your stock objectively, you will eventually lose your shirt. And that's fine. It's your money to lose.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    You don't fit the profile you describe because you don't even have a fucking iPhone.
    So what you're saying is that Partial doesn't have sex at all.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

So I guess if you desperately need to get laid, buy the iPhone. I need to get laid less, so I think I'll stick with the Android.

You are what is annoying about Apple and why the brand will eventually fail.

I actually buy that as a potential company issue. People don't want products that make other people look at them like douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    His logic, not mine...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Not as much as I'd like.

No, really. They have it because they're gay. Just go over to Dupont Circle and look around. By the way, gay men also tend to make a lot of money because they don't have family priorities messing with their careers.
    Let's dissect this sentence by sentence... Homosexuals have iPhones because they're gay. What the hell? How judgmental can you be? What is the rationalization for this?

Gay men tend to make more money because they don't have families? Really? That's what you're going with? Really? Maybe you should stop trying to rationalize your laziness. If you've got swagger you've got swagger. Simple as that.

I've decided that you're really not this stupid. You're just trying to see how idiotic you can make us believe you are. By the way. You don't fit the profile you describe because you don't even have a fucking iPhone. You don't know the user experience because you don't have the user experience except vicariously. And if every one of your friends has broken their crystal just by dropping their phone, then they're shit devices. I've dropped both my Droid and HTC a few times with no ill effect whatsoever. What kind of cheap crap are you trying to sell us?
    My work phone is an iPhone. I also have an iPod touch, and an iPad from my company. Child please.

iPhones have the highest quality glass available. Gorilla glass. You said it yourself that your phone broke from a fall, so STFU.

I would pit my intelligence and certainly knowledge of consumer electronics against yours any day of the week. I'm a leading software developer. What do you do besides pretending to know about electronics and failing to form a compelling argument?

You are what is annoying about Apple and why the brand will eventually fail. The fact of a trend is that the appeal is that not everyone has it. As soon as the market hits critical mass, the "cool" trendy appeal wears off and people drop it for the next new thing. But you won't listen to that just like you won't listen to anyone else who might have a criticism about your precious baby, even though the whole company damn near tanked once already. That's fine, but if you're not willing to look at your stock objectively, you will eventually lose your shirt. And that's fine. It's your money to lose.
    People don't buy Apple because it's cool. They buy it because of the user experience. By the time everyone has the current thing, Apple will have the next thing out. By now, the iPhone is way beyond cool and is now an essential device in so many peoples lives. Look at fortune 500 adoption. 95% are phasing in the iPhone for employee smart phones. Bye-bye RIM. Bye-bye Android.

not true. I'd say he climaxes every day as soon as he reads the latest story on apple insider.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    nice

Hey, smart money people, WWYD with 60k right now investment wise?
    Do a little research and buy a home somewhere to rent. Rates are so fucking low right now it's hard not to with cash and good credit. As long as the rental market is strong in the area you'll be fine.

Plus it's another tax write off.
    C.H.U.D.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    not true. I'd say he climaxes every day as soon as he reads the latest story on apple insider.
    Absolutely the way the stock keeps going up! Another 2.5% today. I've doubled my money in two years. Have you doubled your money the past two years? You would be climaxing as well if you were. AAPL is going to allow me to pay off a 300k house in 4 years.

For how dumb you like to tell me that I am, I find it very ironic because I follow a fair amount of the financial advice that you offered up.
    Last edited by Partial; 09-19-2011 at 07:42 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Do a little research and buy a home somewhere to rent. Rates are so fucking low right now it's hard not to with cash and good credit. As long as the rental market is strong in the area you'll be fine.

Plus it's another tax write off.
    Hey, that's my recommendation from 5 pages back before the invasion of the iPhone.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    Absolutely the way the stock keeps going up! Another 2.5% today. I've doubled my money in two years. Have you doubled your money the past two years? You would be climaxing as well if you were. AAPL is going to allow me to pay off a 300k house in 4 years.

For how dumb you like to tell me that I am, I find it very ironic because I follow a fair amount of the financial advice that you offered up.

I'd be happy doubling my climaxes.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    No, really. They have it because they're gay. Just go over to Dupont Circle and look around.
    Gays congragate at a place called dupont circle? thats is funny! Dupont (the paint company) used to sponser Jeff Gordon, who in Nascar circles was thought to be gay. His team was even given the nickname Rainbow Warriors.

now that dupont has pulled his sponsership, I wonder if Apple will pick him up?
    Last edited by Little Whiskey; 09-19-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    All stats point to iPhone users making more money, get laid more, etc. Not saiyng theres a correlation, but one could argue that the douchebaggery of guys like RG and Ziggy is not likely to get you laid, where as my smooth talking gets me laid constantly!

That's a really judgmental statement. I'm not smug, I'm quite cheap. I never go to Starbucks, I drive an SUV, I loathe soccer, and I didn't vote for Obama. Boom, that just throws your argument out the window. Sure, some hipsters use Macs... a lot of hipsters also use linux because it's cool and counter-culture.

I could just as easily say people who still enjoy using Windows are southern redneck hicks who drive Suburbans, don't understand basic ecnomics, enjoy sleeping with their sister, and drive pickup trucks.

Both are moronic, stupid statements to make.

Whiskey bar is a fine place. Never had any problems with it. Too many frat boys who use Windows there. The typical mac user is getting pussy by the truckload, so they don't need to rape when it's at home waiting for them.

The average iPhone user is a male in there 30s earning over 80k. I do agree the women enjoy iPhones (beautiful UI and wonderful device). I can't explain the gays, but my two gay friends do have iPhone 4s LOL. They don't have it because they're gay, they have it because they're smart.
    Well I'm not an expert on everyone's personal life but I know a little bit. You're engaged, so your sex life has as much to do with diamond jewelry as it does with any smooth talking. Can't blame a guy for using the big guns though. RG is married with kids and if I recall has gotten fantastic results through a life-changing diet and exercise routine. I also infer he's a pretty generous guy. I'd guess that his people-pleasing nature coupled with his new physique have Mrs. RG whipped into a sex-crazed frenzy. Ziggy is a 100 lb woman with a million posts on a football forum. She'll never want for sex as long as she's in America. iphone users are also older which is directly correlated to making more money. Not a good thing for Apple since kids that prefer Android grow into adults who prefer Android.

Of course its a judgmental statement, It was an honest projection of what I think in my head when I make a snap judgment on a hypothetical person. Even if we pretend that you are an iphone user because you undoubtedly will be soon...You say you're not smug but two sentences earlier you make a statement that while humorous, reeks of self-satisfaction. The rest of the statement isn't meant to describe you but instead the opposite of me. I drink my coffee black, bitter, and too hot. I'd rather saw off my nads with a kite string than watch soccer. The beauty of judging Apple users by their cars is that I'm never wrong, apple products come with car stickers and every Prius practically comes with one. 1 and 4 chance on any Honda Element or VW Jetta. Nobody admits to voting for Obama, it happened though.

My criticisms of Whiskey Bar regulars were totally separate from my those of Apple fans. It was simply meant to show how a good idea can be ruined for the masses by having its dominant clientele think that they are the cast of Gossip Girl. Ok now my criticisms aren't separate anymore.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I had it all written out. I just can't do it. Partial, believe what you want to believe. I know that I could show you live shit bacteria in the earpiece and you'd call it beneficial bacteria that aids hearing.

? HOFer
    I had it all written out. I just can't do it. Partial, believe what you want to believe. I know that I could show you live shit bacteria in the earpiece and you'd call it beneficial bacteria that aids hearing.
    Not true. That's exactly what you're doing. You're saying the problems with an Android phone are it's features! A few examples: It's 8MP camera is superior the iPhone (it's not). It's screen is superior to the iPhone (it's not). It's smarter to plug in to a computer to synch photos then do it wirelessly (it's not). It's cheaper (in build quality certainly, in price it's not any more or less expensive).

I would venture a guess that most Mac users don't drive a VW or a Honda. I don't have the stats obviously, but this thread leads me to believe your stereotype is off base. The Mac guys I know are all car guys and all seem to drive BMWs.

http://hintsforums.macworld.com/showthread.php?t=41585