Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Another boring money post

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Those bars look thick and manly
    LOL!

Dang, I thought we were actually going to get some tips on investing in this thread!

All the price comparisons in this thread are pointless. It's impossible to quantify the value of Awesomeness.
    "My problems with him are his vision and tendency to dance instead of pounding a hole." - Harvey Wallbangers

Smartest investment these days??? Red ink.

At least until the ink becomes more valuable than the currency itself - then I would invest in the stamps used to mark up the currency... oh, and wheelbarrows!!!

Almost to $15 trillion now... shouldn't be too much longer
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    Dang, I thought we were actually going to get some tips on investing in this thread!
    You did. On page 1. Invest your life savings into Apple. It's clear, except to those of us Apple haters.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    All the price comparisons in this thread are pointless. It's impossible to quantify the value of Awesomeness.
    I never did like rose colored glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Smartest investment these days??? Red ink.

At least until the ink becomes more valuable than the currency itself - then I would invest in the stamps used to mark up the currency... oh, and wheelbarrows!!!

Almost to $15 trillion now... shouldn't be too much longer
    I hear that there is a new "print money" app for the IPAD. The problem is that itunes cannot sync with it yet so it doesn't actually print, but it sure looks pretty on the screen! Once they sort the issues, you'll need a proprietary cable to print it, and proprietary paper to print it on.

Just be patient with them, they are all unavailable to work on it as they are canvassing the entire Bay area to find a missing super duper secret phone that one of the employees misplaced. It is VERY important that they find it, and kill the infidel that took it.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Umm Super....according to Kung Fu Panda there is no charge for awesomeness....or attractiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    You did. On page 1. Invest your life savings into Apple. It's clear, except to those of us Apple haters.
    Never said life savings. It's a great investment right now. Few would argue that. Except for evidently you and Ziggy, both of whom are admitted non-investors.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post

We did. I'm shorting APPL.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    We did. I'm shorting APPL.
    I'm long for AAPL. It's the off-season right now (which is weird because it's back to school). The 30M iPhones they're set to sell before Christmas of the iPhone 5 is going to be sweet!

? HOFer
    Stephen Baker, vice president of industry analysis with NPD Group, spoke with AppleInsider this week about the back-to-school PC buying season. He said Apple's year-over-year growth seen this summer was aided by weak comparisons from sales in 2010.

"Apple grew much faster than the Windows notebook market did," he said.
    Damn those analysts. Who needs 'em when we have Ziggy, a person without any money or knowledge of investing giving us advice!

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...pod_touch.html

Apple has something that you can't put a price on. They have the cool factor. Everything they do is cool, from the bleeding edge designs (who wants to be a have a boring beige box as a reflection of themselves), to incredible marketing (while every other company is talking about flash, and how much it's better than the iPhone, Apple talks about features because the leader is looking forward, not playing catch-up), to simply incredible stores (is there ever an Apple store that isn't just beautiful and cool? How much better would life be if every retail store was as pleasant of an experience?? My life would be immeasurably better).

Android will never be cool, there is nothing sexy/risky/dangerous/unique about the design, and nothing fast/fluid/interesting about the software. It's not fashionable, it's quite the opposite, as most people think it's the smartphone for nerds. Meanwhile, Apple has created the smartphone for human beings. It's fashionable, extremely user friendly, they've created an incredible infrastructure to support it, etc.

Oooo, just stumbled across this. Time to buy another 20k of stock. China = Apple's next cash cow

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...te_iphone.html
    Last edited by Partial; 09-15-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    Oooo, just stumbled across this. Time to buy another 20k of stock. China = Apple's next cash cow

We will trade 40 chickens for 1 iPhone. Can you configure it for 678 different accounts?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Apple has something that you can't put a price on. They have the cool factor.

So did leisure suits.

Damn those analysts. Who needs 'em when we have Ziggy, a person without any money or knowledge of investing giving us advice!

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...pod_touch.html

Apple has something that you can't put a price on. They have the cool factor. Everything they do is cool, from the bleeding edge designs (who wants to be a have a boring beige box as a reflection of themselves), to incredible marketing (while every other company is talking about flash, and how much it's better than the iPhone, Apple talks about features because the leader is looking forward, not playing catch-up), to simply incredible stores (is there ever an Apple store that isn't just beautiful and cool? How much better would life be if every retail store was as pleasant of an experience?? My life would be immeasurably better).

Android will never be cool, there is nothing sexy/risky/dangerous/unique about the design, and nothing fast/fluid/interesting about the software. It's not fashionable, it's quite the opposite, as most people think it's the smartphone for nerds. Meanwhile, Apple has created the smartphone for human beings. It's fashionable, extremely user friendly, they've created an incredible infrastructure to support it, etc.

Who said I have no money?? Maybe you should try a source that doesn't come from Apple. Just a thought. Obviously you didn't read the article I posted from MSN Money about the "cool factor" wearing off among younger users. Gloria Vanderbilt jeans were cool once too... But it's ok. Don't listen or consider that it's more people than just me trying to drill into that thick skull of yours. Don't exercise caution. And definitely don't run out and get an iPhone. That's too much for you to pay. Yep more stock because it's guaranteed to go up. And I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Gloria Vanderbilt jeans were cool once too...

Maybe for Harlan.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Who said I have no money?? Maybe you should try a source that doesn't come from Apple. Just a thought. Obviously you didn't read the article I posted from MSN Money about the "cool factor" wearing off among younger users. Gloria Vanderbilt jeans were cool once too... But it's ok. Don't listen or consider that it's more people than just me trying to drill into that thick skull of yours. Don't exercise caution. And definitely don't run out and get an iPhone. That's too much for you to pay. Yep more stock because it's guaranteed to go up. And I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about?
    Well, lets see, you didn't have a job for years and you talk about how you don't know anything about investing.

A site that is dedicated to articles about Apple's stock and analysts opinion/quotes/articles about it is from Apple? Sheesh. Sigh. My goodness.

I did read your article. I vehemently disagree with it. So do sales numbers. Just you watch, Apple is going to suffocate Android in the next few months. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.

It's not guaranteed to go up. It's a very safe bet that it will. It's a calculated risk.
    Last edited by Partial; 09-15-2011 at 05:05 PM.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    So did leisure suits.
    The difference is Apple changes with time and stays cool. Remember when they first came out with the iMac? Cool. Do you remember when they came out with the titanium sex notebooks? I sure do, because they were cool. Do you remember when they came out with the first unibody notebooks? Yep, we all sure do. What about the new MacBook Air? Yep, everyone is in shock over how thin and gorgeous it is. Do you remember when they came out with the first iPhone? Yep, you sure do. Does anyone remember the first HP or Dell on the market? What about the first Android phone? Can anyone name it without Googling it? I can, but can most people? The answer, which is pure speculation on my part, is No.

Apple is cool, and for the next 3-4 years will remain cool as long as they follow the plan that Steve and Jon Ive have in place. I think they'll still know what cool is as long as Jon is there.

There is a fundamental difference in the way products are designed that makes them great. Apple pushes the limits of technology and has a vision of how software should integrate with ones life and devices. The others are responding after the fact and polling for user feedback rather than having their own vision.

Well, lets see, you didn't have a job for years and you talk about how you don't know anything about investing.

A site that is dedicated to articles about Apple's stock and analysts opinion/quotes/articles about it is from Apple? Sheesh.

I did read your article. I vehemently disagree with it. So do sales numbers. Just you watch, Apple is going to suffocate Android in the next few months. I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.

It's not guaranteed to go up. It's a very safe bet that it will. It's a calculated risk.
    How exactly does that equate to not having money???

Sales numbers are indicative of the past. If those indications are correct and they are based on information from Pew Research, then the current sales numbers mean nothing as the future trend among Apple's largest future market is not good. I think you already have bet your bottom dollar on it...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings