Thread: A Hater's Take, Part II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ? HOFer
    Lack of pass rush is starting to scare me. Hopefully Mike Neal makes a big difference. Cullen Jenkins looked good tonight in the parts of the game I managed to not nap during.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I really think Starks should be starting. He looks a lot quicker and seems to hit the hole harder than Grant, who seems timid and hesitant at times. Our defense has been absolutely horrific. It was convenient to use the excuse of the Saints offense being so good but after Newton torched us I hope we fix our problems and fast. Hard to believe that Newton with 2 400 yard games is not leading the league in passing yards.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    Lack of pass rush is starting to scare me. Hopefully Mike Neal makes a big difference. Cullen Jenkins looked good tonight in the parts of the game I managed to not nap during.
    I completely agree, but I don't think Mike Neal is going to be the saving grace of our pass rush. This defense is based on timing and the timing is off right now. Our blitz scheme is pretty vanilla right now as well. I see the same blitzes over and over again. Getting Tramon Williams back is also a key. Like others were saying in the posts above, Tramon always Woodson to play the slot, getting him closer to the line of scrimmage where he can rush the passer, and help in run support.

I don't see a reason for him to be on the field instead of Starks unless it is to spell Starks.
    Simple because Starks can't pass block and keeps f'ing up assignments. He blew a block in the 2nd quarter I believe and they pulled him for Grant.
    When #12 is your franchise and you keep exposing him your not getting on the field full time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainD View Post
    Simple because Starks can't pass block and keeps f'ing up assignments. He blew a block in the 2nd quarter I believe and they pulled him for Grant.When #12 is your franchise and you keep exposing him your not getting on the field full time.
    This.

And the game itself? It isn't easy to watch a game like this but this team did what championship teams do: they found a way to win when they weren't at their best. I didn't mind Rodgers being frustrated yesterday. He wasn't alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I completely agree, but I don't think Mike Neal is going to be the saving grace of our pass rush. This defense is based on timing and the timing is off right now.
    IF Neal gets back to 100%, he would make a big difference. Cullen Jenkins made a big dif when he returned from injury late last year.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    IF Neal gets back to 100%, he would make a big difference. Cullen Jenkins made a big dif when he returned from injury late last year.
    I don't know how much of an impact Neal can make because he has been injured for 16 straight regular season games. But hopefully for Packer fan he can get after the passer.