Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A Hater's Take, Part II

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    He did do it last year. He did it a lot when Jones dropped a ball. I have the last several games still DVR'd, and he did it a lot. Honestly, I don't think much has changed.
    Exasperation in the backfield or staring down the receiver on the return to the huddle, with a talking to, to boot?

I don't remember Jones getting that treatment last year, in fact, I remember the opposite.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The insane depth in the secondary, along the OL, WR, TE, RB, and QB have spoiled you rotten. The DL hasn't had a bad game yet this season. Mike Neal is a disappointment yes but if you want insurance I don't think the answer is adding another injury plagued guy in Jenkins. The DL has been a strength of the team so far this season. Apparently Wynn secretly planned on replacing Jenkins all along.
    I am not pissing on the defensive line as a whole, I am bitching about the lack of talent opposite of Mathews. Where is the pressure going to come from if not from Mathews?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And hopefully Wynn isn't done getting penetration.
    Wynn is young and, more importantly, single.

I apologize.

At the risk of derailing the discussion, this thread's discussion of Neal raises a question for which I have never been able to find a satisfactory answer. Is a past injury history a good predictor of future injuries?

Some players have multiple injuries and eventually washout. Others never get injured. Still others get injured a few times and then never get injured again. I would imagine that some injuries have could increase the chance of further injury (reconstructive ACL surgery might mean a higher risk of re-tearing the ACL), while others do not (getting turf toe won't mean you are likely to tear your meniscus).

I do not know the answer, one way or the other, but it is always discussed as if it was an indisputable fact, if a player has been injured several times, he is likely to be injured again. Should I just accept this as a solid argument, or is there a reason to be skeptical?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    be skeptical
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck