Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sportsbubbler dead

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Yeah! Death to the infidels!

There were a couple real cocksuckers left over there who decided to take on a kingly air after most of us left. I would reminisce about meeting nutz there, but it wasn't the same forum, so it doesn't really matter.

Talk about a clusterfuck of mismanagement over at the Journal... State's top paper can't keep a sports forum alive with the Packers as the headliner.

Those lads were total fuck-ups. The forum was actually done 6 months ago. They re-assiged the mod to another job and terminated the forum, but forgot to shut it down! So it staggered along, like a blind queer at a wienie roast. It ambled thru cyberspace, unmoderated and out of control, but stumbling along. It got over-run with trolls and goofy political posters. Worst Packer Forum I'e ever seen. Worse even than the old alt.profootball.packer usenet forum. Sportsbubbler finally figured out it was still out there and pulled the pin 10 days ago.

Tank? He went down with the ship. He'll be here. With a phony ID & IP or something. You know, the usual Tank drill. He's worse now than ever. Totally detached from reality

That will be funny when he shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Those lads were total fuck-ups. The forum was actually done 6 months ago. They re-assiged the mod to another job and terminated the forum, but forgot to shut it down! So it staggered along, like a blind queer at a wienie roast. It ambled thru cyberspace, unmoderated and out of control, but stumbling along. It got over-run with trolls and goofy political posters. Worst Packer Forum I'e ever seen. Worse even than the old alt.profootball.packer usenet forum. Sportsbubbler finally figured out it was still out there and pulled the pin 10 days ago.

Tank? He went down with the ship. He'll be here. With a phony ID & IP or something. You know, the usual Tank drill. He's worse now than ever. Totally detached from reality

That will be funny when he shows up.
    That is a funny story, KY. Well-spun. Thanks.

The Christian Encourager was a great chapter in Rat life. Was it Nutz that went on a mission to get banned? It really felt like we were meeting in the back room of a church getting scolded constantly for inappropriate language.

It made home feel so much nicer when we finally moved in here, knowing that there was a place for Rats.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Talk about a clusterfuck of mismanagement over at the Journal... State's top paper can't keep a sports forum alive with the Packers as the headliner.
    QFT. They were so disabled that their solution to any problem was to kill it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rats don't die easy!
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post

The Christian Encourager was a great chapter in Rat life. Was it Nutz that went on a mission to get banned? It really felt like we were meeting in the back room of a church getting scolded constantly for inappropriate language.

It made home feel so much nicer when we finally moved in here, knowing that there was a place for Rats.
    I thought it was Skin and his new friend Tony...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

TMurph? That guy was working blue material.

No, Tony the pubic louse. Drove UNF nuts.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

The Encourager....fuck.....I could only take it for a day or two. I thought Tex had a role in that place?
    C.H.U.D.

I fondly remember the Nutz and Murphy show.
    C.H.U.D.

I'm sort of feeling like someone who had terrible parents which eventually caused me to leave home. Even though I had almost no contact with them over he years, I still felt bad when I heard they passed away. Weird, I know.

Our FYI Forum is named after the thread that started all the political talk at JSO. Who was that guy who started the thread which I think was about the Lions signing someone in FA. Somehow the subjecxt turned to global warming or something, and the rest is history.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I left CE after a couple of weeks because I felt uncomfortable with the fact that we were invited there and then broke all the house rules. I guess I'm not a very good party crasher.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I left CE after a couple of weeks because I felt uncomfortable with the fact that we were invited there and then broke all the house rules. I guess I'm not a very good party crasher.
    I couldn't hang in there either. The kiddie religioso types were claiming damage to their virgin psyches when sombody would post poo-poo, or something like that.

Then came Nutz and Murph and Holy Moly, there was big trouble in cyber city.

Blog Entries
    With the Bubbler gone where will cpk and tank go ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Beware of extremely argumentative new members. And don't forget Pacopete!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Anywhere but here...

"So it staggered along, like a blind queer at a wienie roast."

KY, I laughed out loud - for real - when I read that line. It's gonna be my new sig line! Bye-bye, Jenn Sterger quote!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Worse even than the old alt.profootball.packer usenet forum.
    Holy crap KY, we are old. I didn't read that particular group, but just the mention of it reminds of all the other threads I used to read.

I could almost take Tank/APB again. Would love to read an article by him describing the various ways the Polar Bear has prevented multiple Super Bowls by being incompetent. Not sure about long term viability though.

pacopete and cpk would be too much to bear.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Worse even than the old alt.profootball.packer usenet forum.
    Holy crap KY, we are old. I didn't read that particular group, but just the mention of it reminds of all the other threads I used to read.
    And where were the rest of you in 2003, when I was single-handedly telling the Bucs' fans that they would flame out after their one Super-Bowl win on Pro Football Weekly's forum??? Nobody had my back, and I had to beat down Bears' fans all by myself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    And where were the rest of you in 2003, when I was single-handedly telling the Bucs' fans that they would flame out after their one Super-Bowl win on Pro Football Weekly's forum??? Nobody had my back, and I had to beat down Bears' fans all by myself!!!
    It's all right Mike, you can forgive yourself. All those things you did were just necessary to survive.

It's over now.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "So it staggered along, like a blind queer at a wienie roast."

KY, I laughed out loud - for real - when I read that line. It's gonna be my new sig line! Bye-bye, Jenn Sterger quote!
    That ain't my line. It belongs to my dad's old boss. Wisconsin contruction bosses tend to be profane. There's more to it. "That sonofabitch is about as useless as a blind queer at a weinie roast" would be the full quote, IIRC. You could throw a few "fucks" in there to make more authentic, if ya want. Old Faye would.

Back in the day when the ships were wood and the men were iron.