View Poll Results: Best TD in Packer history?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chester Marcol runs in his blocked FG (vs. Bears)

2 9.09%
  • The Majik Man's instant replay TD (vs. Bears)

7 31.82%
  • Andre Rison draws first blood in SB XXXI

1 4.55%
  • Freeman's "He did what?" catch against Vikings in MNF

9 40.91%
  • Who the f*** cares?

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best TD in Packer history

Best TD in Packer history

Which of the following was the best TD in Packer history*?

* Choices limited to 1980-2009. No TD from last year is eligible because only history will be able to judge last year. No TD from pre-1980s is eligible because that was a really long time ago, nothing really happened in the 70s anyway, and nobody is objective enough to remember the Lombardi years without being overcome by nostalgia.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    1989 Instant Replay TD pass from Don Majikowski to Sterling Sharpe to beat the bears

1996 Super Bowl, Favre to Freeman

1996 Desmond Howards TD Kick Return

(2000 or 2001) Packers Vs Minnesota at Lambeau Field, in overtime TD pass from Favre to Freeman

i like the desmond howard super bowl return

and also the insane catch by freeman, "the he did what catch"

what about robert brooks 99 yard TD against the bears?

or al harris with the pick 6 against the seachickens in the coin flip playoff game?

Howard's KO return and Brooks's 99 yarder are good additions. I should have thought of those. I didn't include Free's SB catch and run because putting in two choices from the same game just seems wrong. Rightly or wrongly, I ruled out Harris's pick-6 on the grounds that it is forever tainted by what happened a week later. That is probably unfair to Al Harris but who said life is fair?

I went with instant replay TD by Majik; 14-13 victory over biggest rival - Bears!

Still, Walter Stanleys Thanksgiving TD in 1986 was pretty sweet too in a wild 44-40 comeback win vs Lions.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Howard's KO return and Brooks's 99 yarder are good additions. I should have thought of those. I didn't include Free's SB catch and run because putting in two choices from the same game just seems wrong. Rightly or wrongly, I ruled out Harris's pick-6 on the grounds that it is forever tainted by what happened a week later. That is probably unfair to Al Harris but who said life is fair?
    what do you mean, because of what happened the next week?

that was the last game of the season, they canceled the the playoffs after the wildcard round that year if i recall

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    what do you mean, because of what happened the next week?

that was the last game of the season, they canceled the the playoffs after the wildcard round that year if i recall
    Amnesia is the best defense.

Starr's QB Sneak in the Ice Bowl.

Raji's TD against the Bears last year.

Starr?("ok run the play and let's get the hell outta here." Vince) McGee hung over? redo the list
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

I like all of these choices, but would like to see more. Also I wanted to go with rison's due to it coming in a SB, but Howards was better from that game.

I went with Majik. But probably Starks' long touchdown run this season is my fave.

This one, from HowStuffworks. I would like to have seen one of these:

"Don Hutson sprinted toward the end zone as Green Bay's tailback faded back to pass. Four Chicago Bears guarded Hutson as they neared the big "H" goal posts then set on the goal line.

They all crossed the goal line on the dead run, but Hutson's arm shot out and hooked the upright. His body twisted and suddenly he was trotting by himself, in a direction 90 degrees from his previous path. The four Bears were still scrambling to stop their momentum as the Packer passer lobbed a touchdown to a wide-open Hutson."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The best Packer TD? Finley's 4th quarter catch last week-end.

The last one is always the best one.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    others to consider:

Robert Brooks 99 yarder at Chicago, 1995.

Favre's 36 yard run for a TD at Chicago in that 1994 MNF rain storm

LeRoy Butler takes lateral from Reggie and scores TD against the Raiders in 1993 - then does the first Lambeau leap!

Favre to Morgan 29 yard TD at Jacksonville in 1995. Throwing off balance, off his back foot, moving to his left. Or take the one to Chmura at NE in '97 - 32 yard TD. Similar strike.

Favre scrambling TD pass at St. Louis in '96
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Must have video links.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    others to consider:

Robert Brooks 99 yarder at Chicago, 1995.

Favre's 36 yard run for a TD at Chicago in that 1994 MNF rain storm

LeRoy Butler takes lateral from Reggie and scores TD against the Raiders in 1993 - then does the first Lambeau leap!

Favre to Morgan 29 yard TD at Jacksonville in 1995. Throwing off balance, off his back foot, moving to his left. Or take the one to Chmura at NE in '97 - 32 yard TD. Similar strike.

Favre scrambling TD pass at St. Louis in '96
    Favre's first touchdown pass to Kendrick Taylor. I have never seen a ball thrown like that, it was the birth of a legend.

This is the worst conceived poll ever. I am going to let the comments accumulate for a few days and then start a new, better poll.

To me, the best ones are the ones that won Championships:

Bart Starr QB sneak in Ice Bowl.
    Nick Collins INT return against Steelers in Super Bowl.
    Desmond Howard Kickoff return in Super Bowl against Patriots

Next are the ones I saw in person:

Al Harris INT against Seahawks in playoff game.
    Freeman's "He did what?" catch against Vikings.
    Favre 23 yard TD pass to Corey Bradford on 4th and 1 against the Vikings in 1999.

Finally the ones against The Bears:

Chester Marcol TD
    Magik to Sharpe.
    Brooks 99 yard TD
    Raji TD in NFC Title Game.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Favre's first touchdown pass to Kendrick Taylor. I have never seen a ball thrown like that, it was the birth of a legend.
    excellent choice
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Favre 23 yard TD pass to Corey Bradford on 4th and 1 against the Vikings in 1999.

I'd forgotten that one. I think I'll digitize that game tonight and watch it. Simply awesome! It was all the more exciting that it followed the Raiders game comeback and preceded the Tampa comeback - before the '99 season went to shit.