Thread: Congrats A-Rod

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar

Congrats A-Rod

He got his career 100 and 101st TD passes today. Nice milestone. Especially impressive as he has only 34 career picks. Elias reports that A-Rod has the all-time record for lowest interceptions to first 100 TDs.

I'm kind of bummed, though, that he didn't get a rushing TD, as that's when he does his championship belt move. I think the ATL crowd would have gone in to collective apoplectic meltdown if he'd given them a taste of the belt.

I saw him do the beast mode. Maybe he can adopt that. Sounds like he and Braun have become friends. Rodgers has been so good that I'm going to refer to him as "the Shredder" from now on.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Senior Rat HOFer
    I'm sure the taste of belt still lingers in their mouths from January. Getting beat at home again doesn't do much to rinse that away.
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Yeah, really, A-Rod has been unbelievable. Remember the knock against him that he was soft and injury-prone during his first few years? That seems like a long time ago.

Congrats, Aaron. Brett, keep it zipped, your mouth and your fly.

Wonder if he'll get the ball back. His 100th is the one Jones threw into the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by KalamazooPackerFan View Post
    Wonder if he'll get the ball back. His 100th is the one Jones threw into the stands.
    Then some fortunate person has an NFL football worth a lot of money. Aaron Rodgers is an unbhelievably solid QB. .and RE: him being injury prone:

Most NFL QB's falls into that category. The have to face a lot of testosterone and raw grit. Opposing players that want nothing less then to ruin your life. . . .not just make you among the NFL unemployed. Yea I'll have to put up with the snide BS remarks used to demean one of the greatest Packers ever. A Packer that so set himself aside as truly great that even that is ignored in their ignorance. An ignorance that even fails to recognize just how awesomely tugh Brett Favre was. A man that took so many Packer loss's on his personal shoulders; never to a point of obsessive error 'passed the buck'.

I cannot express how pleased I am as a Packer fan to enjoy Aaron Rodgers. He'll never be a Brett Favre but 'only' his own man as Brett Favre was. We can continue to criticize Favre demean and ridicule him but noone cn ever cast him aside as the GREAT Green Bay Packer he was. He was the HARDEST the TOUGEST Man in the history of the NFL Ladies and gentleman of the jury. When your passing final judgement on Brett avre maybe 'just maybe' you might take a solid view of yourself.

What sets you above Brett Favre to judge him so harshly? Do you realize in your poor judgement you judge yourself?

'' Congrats A-Rod

He got his career 100 and 101st TD passes today. Nice milestone. Especially impressive as he has only 34 career picks. Elias reports that A-Rod has the all-time record for lowest interceptions to first 100 TDs.

I'm kind of bummed, though, that he didn't get a rushing TD, as that's when he does his championship belt move. I think the ATL crowd would have gone in to collective apoplectic meltdown if he'd given them a taste of the belt. '' Noodle

(-:

GO Aaron Rodgers and 'the GREEN BAY PACKERS'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I'm going to refer to him as "the Shredder" from now on.
    Dude, this is awesome. I'm on board. This is going to become a thing. #TheShredder

Quote Originally Posted by Partial View Post
    Dude, this is awesome. I'm on board. This is going to become a thing. #TheShredder
    Yup! We are some fortunate to be able to enjoy Aaron Rodgers on the back side of three Packer decades the 1990's through 2010's.

Favre and Rodgers is a hugh WOW Factor. Packer fans have been somehow blessed.

GO PACKERS !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Then some fortunate person has an NFL football worth a lot of money. Aaron Rodgers is an unbhelievably solid QB. .and RE: him being injury prone:

Most NFL QB's falls into that category. The have to face a lot of testosterone and raw grit. Opposing players that want nothing less then to ruin your life. . . .not just make you among the NFL unemployed. Yea I'll have to put up with the snide BS remarks used to demean one of the greatest Packers ever. A Packer that so set himself aside as truly great that even that is ignored in their ignorance. An ignorance that even fails to recognize just how awesomely tugh Brett Favre was. A man that took so many Packer loss's on his personal shoulders; never to a point of obsessive error 'passed the buck'.

I cannot express how pleased I am as a Packer fan to enjoy Aaron Rodgers. He'll never be a Brett Favre but 'only' his own man as Brett Favre was. We can continue to criticize Favre demean and ridicule him but noone cn ever cast him aside as the GREAT Green Bay Packer he was. He was the HARDEST the TOUGEST Man in the history of the NFL Ladies and gentleman of the jury. When your passing final judgement on Brett avre maybe 'just maybe' you might take a solid view of yourself.

What sets you above Brett Favre to judge him so harshly? Do you realize in your poor judgement you judge yourself?

'' Congrats A-Rod

I'm kind of bummed, though, that he didn't get a rushing TD, as that's when he does his championship belt move. I think the ATL crowd would have gone in to collective apoplectic meltdown if he'd given them a taste of the belt. '' Noodle

(-:

GO Aaron Rodgers and 'the GREEN BAY PACKERS'.
    I will leave this an ARod thread instead of commenting on the BF BS in this post.

Congratulations ARod!!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

cool nickname. love for the national media to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I saw him do the beast mode. Maybe he can adopt that. Sounds like he and Braun have become friends. Rodgers has been so good that I'm going to refer to him as "the Shredder" from now on.
    I am probably behind the times with all these techno-gizzmos……but I recently started listening to pod-casts of Jason Wilde’s shows as well as the Aaron Rodgers show. Last week Aaron talked quite a bit him and Braun.

These things are great for out-of-town fans to keep up on the team. Rodgers does a great job on his show of bringing in a lot of good stories.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Over his last 16 full games, Rodgers has 39 TDs and 5 interceptions + 5 rushing TDs. The first of that streak was against the Jets--when he had 0 TDs and 0 interceptions. With a good game vs. the Rams we are looking at 40+ TDs with 5 interceptions over a 16 game stretch. He's playing at a ridiculous level.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Thanks Rodgers....and thanks TT.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Thanks Rodgers....and thanks TT.
    Oh, yeah, sure, it's "thanks TT" now. Are you ready to own up that it was YOU behind the "Fire TT" threads?