Thread: 100 Greatest Guitarists

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    No
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

This guy should be in the top ten:

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Far too subjective for this to really be a list. My top 20 could be totally different than someone who likes the same kind of music.

No doubt....it's a great list of talent but my rankings would be much different than is shown there. Hendrix is the guy that changed how I thought about rock and roll...well...he and Zappa.
    C.H.U.D.

that must be a new list, its 1000 times better the the last list put out by rolling stone. they use to have angus young in the 90's, and david gilmour i think was in the 80's. i mean come on

i do have a problem with SRV being #12 when guys like keith richards and jeff beck are in the top 5. SRV use to play circles around beck live during concerts. 1 and 2 are just fine, but number 3 in my mind is a toss up between page and SRV

other then beck and richards i can't argue with the rest of the guys in the top 10. i would drop those two and put SRV and gilmour into the top 10 and i would be happy as a peach

and what would this thread be without the single greatest guitar performance of all time?

he played this song live for the first time just the night before. this was recorded on new years day 1970. this was played as a loose jam, barely ever practiced before. i never knew there was video of it until last year when i finally found it

best tone ever

at the 3:56 mark you can actually watch the single greatest guitar note of all time being played
    Last edited by red; 11-23-2011 at 07:24 PM.

ain't looking at list because I want to keep in touch with my inner self, or at least ear

Hendrix & Jerry Garcia
    Duane Allman & Dickie Betts

I love jazz & jazz guitar, yet its hard to say particular artists have really sent me. Wes Montgomery is great. Albums with Jim Hall are always beautiful. Pat Methany sent me into orbit, but that was the time I tried peyote. Django Rheinhart was awesome.

BB King really is a gorgeous player. Robert Burnside blew me out at a bar - at 82 years of age. Elmore James. Buddy Guy is intense.

Rodger McGuin was cool. Santana.

I hear plenty of good guitarists in recent years, but none stick out.

I looked at list. must say 10 Hail Marys for forgetting Chuck Berry, my hero

This is a bad list; where is Joe?

This is another deja vu thread.
    C.H.U.D.

Bertram Snifflethumb- hands down
    Football been very very good to me

I don't know half of these guys, and they will sure have their merit, but a top 100 without Django is worthless.