Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OT: New website

another idea on how to raise funds instead of just asking for cash, might be to set up an eBay account, named "PackerRats" of course and have people donate items that can be sold on eBay. the funds from eBay can be used, in addition to whatever monetary donations people want to contribute - for the cost of maintaining this website. I know for some, donating items might be easier than sending cash....just a thought.

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Can we deal with that when/if need arises?
    Absolutly but I am fully expecting this place to become very popular.

The money issue is largely symbolic. Even a popular site won't cost that much. By "symbolic" I mean it is good for lots of people to get involved with small contributions.

Senior Rat All-Pro

Re: OT: New website

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey
    Please visit www.thepackernation.com

Opinions and comments welcome. BTW, not sure who runs this forum, but I can add a link to this forum from my website.

I stopped by there last week Sparkey, didn't get to view the whole site but looked pretty nice to me. I'll go back again.
    Of course, this one is about the best one to be found!

Re: OT: New website

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey
    Please visit www.thepackernation.com

Opinions and comments welcome. BTW, not sure who runs this forum, but I can add a link to this forum from my website.

I stopped by there last week Sparkey, didn't get to view the whole site but looked pretty nice to me. I'll go back again.
    Of course, this one is about the best one to be found!
    t/y I added an RSS feed to the main page. Hopefully it can keep current with daily articles.

Nobody should misunderstand these next comments.

I suggested Sparkey display his address in here, so that if we find ourselves offline for whatever reason, we would have somewhere to meet until Mad gets the hypothetical issue solved. HH just posted we'd be offline today for a coupla hours maybe.

Well, assuming not every member read this warning, it would be good if they weren't compulsed to have to go back to JSO. I distincly remember a coupla members having a vile taste in their mouthes posting there in the interim. All kinds of speculation was going on about the future of our home here. And really, Mad just hit the wrong button and there was no real cause for alarm. But people were quite fazed...

I just thought it is a great idea to have a fallback option for another case of unforseen technical difficulties.

Remember, the CE provider dived for a day or so as well.