Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Woodbuck still here?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    dumb thread; the ignore feature is an options so no need to do this

I appreciate all of the FA postings; I don't see anybody else doing it to that level. I was to keep up with the NFL but lack the time. that is the first thread I visit every day and sometimes the only one.

For some reason, this thread reminds me of junior high. Or maybe it was grade school. We had something called a "slam book", a spiral notebook with each page having a different kid's name written at top. The slam book would secretly pass around the classroom, and everybody would write what they think about everybody else.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I agree. I asked Mad to delete it pretty much right after I posted it. Oh, well. At least Harlan and Nutz turned it into a decent wrestling thread.
    I wont say those who tire of the multiple articles have no reason to their complaint. I agree it can muck up the flow of a thread. At the same time Woody is posting them to share and particiapate in the PR community. Yeah he sings a different tune than most but I would be hard pressed to begin zapping shit based on the fact Skinbasket (what happened to the accepting everyone as they are logic?) or Zool dont like it. Shit I will admit it fucks with me too. I did ask Woody (and he obliged) to post just the links and not the article with the reason of copyright concerns but also to keep threads a little more easy to follow. So he has met everyone halfway.

Cant we do the same?

Cant we all just ....

(Man I have wanted to use this for years )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

For some reason, this thread reminds me of junior high. Or maybe it was grade school. We had something called a "slam book", a spiral notebook with each page having a different kid's name written at top. The slam book would secretly pass around the classroom, and everybody would write what they think about everybody else.
    Page 25:

Harlan Huckleby

fag!
    gayest mfer ever
    SOB ate my lunch twice
    caught him checking out my junk in the locker room
    momma's boy
    wierdo
    pervert
    animal torturer
    loser
    dont wrestle with this dude
    shit stirrer
    sissy
    apple polisher
    snitch
    doesnt shower

LOL I think we have to make a slam book

Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 03-23-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    10 of the 20 finalists are from Pennsylvania, either college or highschool. Don't forget NJ, that is the other factory. I learned wrestling as a wee lad in Penn, which is why I rose to level of adequacy. I had moves in muscle memory.

I'm sick of McDonough at 125. Ya, he's tough S.O.B., but he wins almost all his matches by having longer reach than the little squirts. Almost all his takedowns are defensive. snore. McDonough getting beat last year by one-legged freak was just a joke by God.

I would say Dake, Taylor and Ruth are the holy trinity. Dake looked exhausted in finals, could have been upset.

The Iowa wrestlers are assholes. In some ways, that competitive fire is just what you want. But they can be punks. They are skinbaskets with flat stomachs. I guess their coaches were known to be sore losers, maybe that rubs off.

Ness had a shot to beat Molinaro. That kid is fun to watch. He's gotten a little less funky on bottom position, which has helped against top competition. Its stunning how many underclassmen in big ten are knocking off the old lions.

I love McMullen at heavyweight from Northwestern. That little guy can take down those dancing bears.

I know you have "we'll get um next year" attitude for Wisconsin. But that was a humiliating a damaging year. You can't let a program sink that low. I was so damn happy that Ben Jordan got All-American status for WI. Very impressive for him to win so many matches through wrestle backs, and just great mental toughness to come back after poor showings late in season.
    Badgers have their issues, but getting the Jordan family from St. Paris Graham to commit to this program is and is going to be huge for Wisconsin, in roads to one of the best programs in the nation can quickly build the Badgers into a wrestling factory, but I have never been a big fan of Barry Davis, and that might not be fair due to how much the University actually values wrestling as a sport. Penn St. got fed up with being middle of the road in the Big Tens so they went and found a way to bring in Sanderson, since then there has been no looking back for the Lions. The big if for the Badgers next season is if Howe comes back to wrestle for the Badgers, or if he truly does opt out and go some where else. It looks like Michigan has closed the door to him, but that doesn't mean he can't latch on to a smaller division one school. I think when things shake out he will be a Badger next season. It would really fix a hole in the middle of the Badgers line up.

One other issue the Badgers will have next season is what to do with Graff and Theilke. Theilke isn't going to make 125 for a whole season, maybe if he had to cut down for one or two events like he will do for the US team trials, but their is going to be a log jam of wrestlers at 133 and 141. Davis recruited heavily for the lower weights, and it might come back to bite him in the ass.

Also the Badgers will have an all-american next season at heavyweight, Medberry tore it up wrestling unattatched this season and had only one loss. He is a strong kid with a solid build. He goes 245-250 and is quick and agile.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Reggie with the "cock slap"!!!

Now this is turning into a good thread!
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Skinbasket (what happened to the accepting everyone as they are logic?)
    Ha! You tell me. That idea died years ago apparently and I was the only one to mourn it.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    The big if for the Badgers next season is if Howe comes back to wrestle for the Badgers, or if he truly does opt out and go some where else. It looks like Michigan has closed the door to him, but that doesn't mean he can't latch on to a smaller division one school. I think when things shake out he will be a Badger next season. It would really fix a hole in the middle of the Badgers line up.

One other issue the Badgers will have next season is what to do with Graff and Theilke. Theilke isn't going to make 125 for a whole season, maybe if he had to cut down for one or two events like he will do for the US team trials, but their is going to be a log jam of wrestlers at 133 and 141. Davis recruited heavily for the lower weights, and it might come back to bite him in the ass.

Also the Badgers will have an all-american next season at heavyweight, Medberry tore it up wrestling unattatched this season and had only one loss. He is a strong kid with a solid build. He goes 245-250 and is quick and agile.
    I'll be surprised if Howe doesn't come back to finish degree at WI. Opinions differ on whether he can beat the slicker studs, I have no idea. I saw that Howe beat Dake last spring, but Dake was wrestling up. I'm not too worried about any log jams, it's a relief that they have a few logs. They have a decent 125 kid who had medical redshirt this year, I forget his name, Kelleher?. 250 is perfect weight for muscular freshman, sounds good. Freshman All-American would be quite a lot to expect, there are a lot of good, mobile HWs coming back. The unattached record is good sign, but competition at open tournaments may not be so hot, especially at HW.

edit: you got me interested in Medberry, looked up his matches:
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...h_by_Match.pdf

Wow, he beat 3 really good wrestlers, and wrestled close with a stud. Ya, you are right, he already is wrestling like an All-American.
    Last edited by Harlan Huckleby; 03-23-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Page 25:

Harlan Huckleby

fag!
    gayest mfer ever
    SOB ate my lunch twice
    caught him checking out my junk in the locker room
    momma's boy
    wierdo
    pervert
    animal torturer
    loser
    dont wrestle with this dude
    shit stirrer
    sissy
    apple polisher
    snitch
    doesnt shower

Do you really think Harlan just got one page? I'm thinking a minimum of 1 chapter, and a maximum of a 6 volume collectors edition.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Ha! You tell me. That idea died years ago apparently and I was the only one to mourn it.
    True and maybe that's why there has to be limits sometimes. It just took a crazy ass Canadian to break you.

I'll be surprised if Howe doesn't come back to finish degree at WI. Opinions differ on whether he can beat the slicker studs, I have no idea. I saw that Howe beat Dake last spring, but Dake was wrestling up. I'm not too worried about any log jams, it's a relief that they have a few logs. They have a decent 125 kid who had medical redshirt this year, I forget his name, Kelleher?. 250 is perfect weight for muscular freshman, sounds good. Freshman All-American would be quite a lot to expect, there are a lot of good, mobile HWs coming back. The unattached record is good sign, but competition at open tournaments may not be so hot, especially at HW.

edit: you got me interested in Medberry, looked up his matches:
    http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...h_by_Match.pdf

Wow, he beat 3 really good wrestlers, and wrestled close with a stud. Ya, you are right, he already is wrestling like an All-American.
    Roster for next year
    Laux (Fr)
    R McQuade (Fr or RS Fr?)
    Hietpas (so)
    S McQuade (Senior)

Graff (RS Junior)
    Thielke (Fr)
    Taylor (Fr)
    M Kelliher (RS fr)
    Mealy (So)
    T Kelliher (Senior)

Thielke (Fr)
    Graff (RS Junior)
    Ruschell (Fr)
    Glenn (So)

Lubeck (Fr)
    Perry (RS Jr) (or 57)
    Schmitt (RS Senior)

Yde (RS So)
    York (RS Jr)
    Nardick (Senior)

Howe(Sen) if he comes back
    Koethe (Fr)
    Liegel (Jr)

Jordan (Fr)
    Hochstaetter (So)
    Gennrich (Fr)
    Iczkowski (So)

Rutt (Senior)
    Peterson (Fr)
    McCall (So)

McCall(S0)
    Levin (So)
    Hein (Jr)\

Hwy
    Medbery (RS Fr)
    Howath (So)
    Weber (So)
    Tobin (RS JR)

True and maybe that's why there has to be limits sometimes. It just took a crazy ass Canadian to break you.
    See other 63 threads about limits being determined by a set of rules versus your personal, schizophrenic, moon-tide moods for a response.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    See other 63 threads about limits being determined by a set of rules versus your personal, schizophrenic, moon-tide moods for a response.
    I guess we both do things as we see fit.

Speaking of such, get rid of your political themed sig. If others are doing the same please let me know so I can address. We have to be fair after all.

To be fair, maybe Woody can have his own PFT link thread so the rest of us don't have to weed through 8-10 consecutive posts by him per thread? I'd actually like to read what people here have to say about subject's but quite honestly it's getting to the point where I just mark them as read anymore.

There's already a site called PFT. We don't need a link to 95% of their stories. We can just go there if we want. This isn't the Packers PFT.com portal. I could spam links to ESPN and NFL.com all day too but those sites already exist. It's getting really bad.

Blog Entries
    I know he means well but I will discuss the issue with woody because it is getting kinda crazy.

Speaking of such, get rid of your political themed sig. If others are doing the same please let me know so I can address. We have to be fair after all.
    What's wrong with a sig about Badger men's basketball great Treyvon Hughs?

I might know if there was some kind of rules here other than your random pathetic internet bullying, but since there isn't, I don't.