Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: STATE OF THE PACK ........NICE VID

Blog Entries

STATE OF THE PACK ........NICE VID

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Da Homers will get a rise out of this one...........is the gap really closing ? I do think Heath Evans is an idiot
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Worst yards per game allowed in the past 30 years in the NFL....our first three picks better be all on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Worst yards per game allowed in the past 30 years in the NFL....our first three picks better be all on defense.
    Fortunately, TT does not make his top draft selections based on what went wrong the previous season. If he had, he would not have drafted Rodgers. It's possible the top 3 picks will be on defense, but only if the right players are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Da Homers will get a rise out of this one...........is the gap really closing ? I do think Heath Evans is an idiot
    Actually, the gap seemed to get wider last year. The Packers swept the Bears and Lions last year with relative ease. In 2010, they split with them both, and needed close wins at home to do that.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 04-16-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Fortunately, TT does not make his top draft selections based on what went wrong the previous season. If he had, he would not have drafted Rodgers. It's possible the top 3 picks will be on defense, but only if the right players are there.

Actually, the gap seemed to get wider last year. The Packers swept the Bears and Lions last year with relative ease. In 2010, they split with them both, and needed close wins at home to do that.
    Tottally different circumstances, TT was in the process from rebuilding the team when he selected Rodgers. He is no longer in rebuilding mode and the time is now which is why you've seen him more active in FA this year. We are currently a top 3 offense and we have youth at practically every position. On defense we gave up the most yards per game in the past 30 of ANY NFL team and ranked 27th in sacks. We also have some aging starters who are on the down side of their career. If our first three selections are not all on defense I will be shocked, unless a absolute stud falls to us.

But if you're sitting there in round one or two, and it's your turn, and you see a guy sitting out there who you think is going to be a very, very good, say, right tackle, and your other choices are defensive players whom you see as JAGS, whom do you pick?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    But if you're sitting there in round one or two, and it's your turn, and you see a guy sitting out there who you think is going to be a very, very good, say, right tackle, and your other choices are defensive players whom you see as JAGS, whom do you pick?

There won't be JAG's in round one and two but this is a fair question.

What if TT graded Peter Konz very high and he's sitting there at pick #28.
    Many compare Doug Martin to Ray Rice. If TT does would he consider him ?

My heart would say no but my past evidence from TT would say certainly

We've picked OT in the first round the past two seasons, I highly doubt TT will go that direction again. Also you sign Jeff Saturday then use your first pick on a center. I know he's old you can find someone in the later rounds to groom, remember Wells was a 7th round pick. As much as I like Doug Martin is simple fact of the matter we are a top 3 offense with or without him. Starks is a good RB when healthy, we have Green returning from injury, and you can find solid RB in the later rounds.

Defense wins championships which is why we won it in 2010 and the reason we did not win it last season. We have to many holes on defense to pick a offensive player with our first pick or second pick for that matter. We went 15-2 last season with one of the worst defenses in the past 30 years, I think we are fine on offense of you ask me.

Agreed. Evans said we didn't have toughness? Please. You don't play without toughness and win 15 freaking games in the NFL. If we can fix our pass rush - and I believe we can - look out NFL.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Evans had no idea what he was talking about.

I can't stand Evans. He has obviously had something against Green Bay for some time.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

There won't be JAG's in round one and two but this is a fair question.

What if TT graded Peter Konz very high and he's sitting there at pick #28.
    Many compare Doug Martin to Ray Rice. If TT does would he consider him ?

My heart would say no but my past evidence from TT would say certainly
    He has demonstrated he will go need if its close or extreme value. Raji was supposedly under Crabtree on the Big Board when Thompson choose him and he went need again in a trade up or Matthews. I am guessing Matthews either had huge value at that spot or was the last of the top OLBs on his Board.

I think the thing we miss with Thompson is that he is not ideological about the rationale for a pick. But he does operate within pretty strict limits.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Evans sounds like a liberal blow hard , just making shit up trying to sound convincing.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Yup. It's amazing what losing your last game will do to the fan base and its impression of where the team is heading.

If we can generate just a little more pass rush we dominate. Even though we gave up the most yards we only gave up the 19th most points, so about average. We had the most takeaways. Give us a top 20 pass rush and look out.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Evans demonstrated a critical flaw for an "analyst", he gave commentary and opinion with no basis in fact. He said the team was arrogant, lacked toughness, and "late in the season, didn't get it done." He sniped at Rodgers "arrogance" for his comments about team practices after the first game.

The team started the season 13-0. Arrogant? Lacking toughness? Letting the SB win go to their heads???
    The team ended the season 15-1. "Late in the season, didn't get it done"??? Huh? Because they lost ONCE??????

The other guy hit the nail on the head when he opined that the personal tragedy took their emotion. People forget there were actually two tragedies for the team between the last game of the season and the playoff game. First, TJ Langs father passed away. His illness and death came very quickly, He was only 55, and died on January 5, about 6 weeks after becoming ill. A week later, Philbin's son first was missing, then found. I suspect every coach and player spent a lot of time those two weeks from the last regular season game to their playoff game thinking about what really is important, about how much their families mean to them, and how unimportant your job is when your family can be changed so dramatically and so unexpectedly. The two weeks from their last game on January 1 to the playoff game January 15 was not a very happy time, and a time when they couldn't much appreciate what they had accomplished, nor focus on what was ahead.

Yes, the defense needs to be fixed. (More on that in another thread.) But, there was no evidence that the 2011 Packers suffered from any of the things Evans accused them of. He was talking just to talk, with no analysis ahead of time to justify his words.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Evans demonstrated a critical flaw for an "analyst", he gave commentary and opinion with no basis in fact. He said the team was arrogant, lacked toughness, and "late in the season, didn't get it done." He sniped at Rodgers "arrogance" for his comments about team practices after the first game.

The team started the season 13-0. Arrogant? Lacking toughness? Letting the SB win go to their heads???
    The team ended the season 15-1. "Late in the season, didn't get it done"??? Huh? Because they lost ONCE??????

The other guy hit the nail on the head when he opined that the personal tragedy took their emotion. People forget there were actually two tragedies for the team between the last game of the season and the playoff game. First, TJ Langs father passed away. His illness and death came very quickly, He was only 55, and died on January 5, about 6 weeks after becoming ill. A week later, Philbin's son first was missing, then found. I suspect every coach and player spent a lot of time those two weeks from the last regular season game to their playoff game thinking about what really is important, about how much their families mean to them, and how unimportant your job is when your family can be changed so dramatically and so unexpectedly. The two weeks from their last game on January 1 to the playoff game January 15 was not a very happy time, and a time when they couldn't much appreciate what they had accomplished, nor focus on what was ahead.

Yes, the defense needs to be fixed. (More on that in another thread.) But, there was no evidence that the 2011 Packers suffered from any of the things Evans accused them of. He was talking just to talk, with no analysis ahead of time to justify his words.
    Yup.

Donno if any of you watched nfl network tonight....Heath Evans said Green Bay will start 0-2, won't win division (bears), and will struggle to make a playoff spot.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Donno if any of you watched nfl network tonight....Heath Evans said Green Bay will start 0-2, won't win division (bears), and will struggle to make a playoff spot.
    Hmmph! Consider the source with this goofball.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    McMahon should ask him to testify at his concussion trial.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.