Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Greg Williams - Bounty Audio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Greg Williams - Bounty Audio

You can put this one under the heading of "Evidence."

Yep, I'd say that the NFL had reason to suspend him, but I doubt he's the only DC talking this way.

Ohh Boy !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    You can put this one under the heading of "Evidence."

Yep, I'd say that the NFL had reason to suspend him, but I doubt he's the only DC talking this way.
    Perhaps, but I suspect he'll be the last one stupid enough to make a recording of it.

The information on Greg Williams on the Yahoo Sports Report (Roger Silver is the author and then report is based in Silvers interview with a documentry filmmaker name Sean Pamphilon) and being reported on the NFL Network is certainly damning. This is brand new information that has surfaced by reports just today.

Scandalous stuff and what is also coming out is the NO Saints arrogance, in terms of coverups and outright lying.

Greg Williams..."Kill the head and the body will die".

Greg Williams is recorded making damaging remarks RE: 49er players ( WR M. Crabtree, QB A. Smith, RB Gore and TE V. Davis etc.)

Greg Williams has already criticixed his own behaviour and apologized and has stated he will not appeal.

As I write this Roger Goodell and his committee are hearing the appeals of the four other principles. I hope Roger Gooodell doesn't budge.

Update:

Two of the four Saints Brass have been in and out ( GM Loomis and Assist coach Joe Vitt have presented their appeals). Roger Goodell is now with Sean Peyton hearing his appeal presentation.

I'm listening to Saints Assist. HC Joe Vitt now. He was asked by reporters if he's aware that it's the Saints position that before the axe fell. That Greg Williams was about to be FIRED. That it was certainly a fact of awareness that Greg Williams was 'a Rogue Coach'.

Joe Vitt denied any knowledge of that as a fact or.... that Greg Williams was deemed 'a Rogue Coach' by the Saints organization. He shook that question off effectively.

So as I understand it 'officially and publicly' the Saints are not passing all blame onto their former DC Gregg Williams.

I expect that may soon change. I expect that the Saints may be appealing 'in fact' on the grounds that the organization had acted to contain Greg Williams by firing hin two days after the season ended. Recall the San Fran 49ers defeated the Saints in the playoffs. In the yahoo Report it's clear that Greg Williams is still briefing his defensive players to go after certain 49ers players like their starting QB Alex Smith and TE Vernon Davis. he does this before that playoff game with the San Fran 49ers.

The expected grounds of appeal that Greg Williams is 'a Rogue Coach' and was about to get FIRED does not wash.

It was incumbant on the Saints GM, HC and Assist. HC to be welll aware of The NO Saints DC Greg williams tactics. Rogue to them or not as a focus incumbant on the organization to absolutely terminate this reported bounty cash pool reward Program.

The Saints brass didn't stop this program. They must suffer the already announced penaltys.

IMO....Roger Goodell will look bad if he rolls over.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Perhaps, but I suspect he'll be the last one stupid enough to make a recording of it.
    I doubt seriously that he recorded it. Why would he?

Isn't this probably part of the informant's material provided to the league office?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    I doubt seriously that he recorded it. Why would he?

Isn't this probably part of the informant's material provided to the league office?
    The fact is Greg Williams was recorded ( by some fella named Sean Pamphilon, doing a documentry I'm hearing. This recording was made the night before the Saints @ 49ers game. (See the Yahoo Report by Roger Silver for full details).

That recording leaked as reported by Yahoo Sports Roger Silver. I've heard several quotes of the transcript today on the NFL Network. It paints a bad pictire of Greg Williams. His words might make even the tougher of you'cringe'. My interpretation of what Gregg Williams said to his payer that night before the 49ers playoff game. He's clearly arrogant but worse, borderline psychotic.

The language and I don't mean just the expletives are clear in terms of damaging the health of opposition players. Words like concussions and ACL and taking his head etc. are damning.

This is football and last I heard 'a sport' not a WAR.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-05-2012 at 02:19 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Someone's always recording it seems

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Someone's always recording it seems

Most wounds are, indeed, self inflicted.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    He was aware that it was being recorded. There was a guy sitting in on the meeting there because he was doing research on head injuries in the NFL. He had a recording device with him. It's not like this was a surprise.

I just can't believe this is a big deal. I remember a D coach telling us in high school to kill the QB. I believe his exact words were "I want his mother puking in the stands after she sees what you did to him." Do you honestly think the players thought the coach wanted them to actually kill the opposing team? Was the coach saying he literally wanted his players to break Frank Gores neck? Sure he was telling his guys to hit the QB in the chin. If I could get away with it, I would too -- And what I mean by that is if the refs are allowing it during the game. Some officials are stricter than others. I also have no problems with coaches telling players to go after injuries. If a player has an injured body part and are stupid enough to still take the field and the coaches allow it, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going for it and trying to get that player even more off his game. Are you telling me if a lineman had a concussion last week, you wouldn't head butt him every chance you got? Is it different for a WR?

I have no issues with his motivational techniques and his language. Where he has the problem is where he obviously offers a cash reward for big hits, which is against the rules. That is the issue and on that point, I think he's guilty as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I also have no problems with coaches telling players to go after injuries.
    I have a problem with it. Just because the refs can't see everything, that doesn't make it right. Just because some people are scumbags that doesn't make it right.

I'm not going to rob your house just because the police don't always catch robbers and because other people rob houses. Why, because it is a scumbag move and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I have a problem with it. Just because the refs can't see everything, that doesn't make it right. Just because some people are scumbags that doesn't make it right.

I'm not going to rob your house just because the police don't always catch robbers and because other people rob houses. Why, because it is a scumbag move and wrong.
    + 3

Your analogy is wrong. It's more like leaving your windows and doors open with a sign outside that reads "lots of expensive stuff inside, will be gone from 9-5 every day. No Alarm system and neighbors hate me!" Then being surprised when your stuff is gone. Playing injured is STUPID and if a player gets cranked for it, then it's his own fault. Don't act like this game is some playground game. Guys always snicker and talk around what goes on under the pile. No one is unaware of the risks that go into playing.

Your analogy is wrong. It's more like leaving your windows and doors open with a sign outside that reads "lots of expensive stuff inside, will be gone from 9-5 every day. No Alarm system and neighbors hate me!" Then being surprised when your stuff is gone. Playing injured is STUPID and if a player gets cranked for it, then it's his own fault. Don't act like this game is some playground game. Guys always snicker and talk around what goes on under the pile. No one is unaware of the risks that go into playing.
    I don't understand your logic. Are you saying that robbing someones house is not a scumbag move and wrong?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/greej3

Chris Carter calls for lifetime ban on Gregg Williams:

“I believe that Gregg Williams, he shouldn’t be able to coach football any more, and the reason why is because we have given him our best athletes. We have given him the best athletes to coach in the NFL for the last 16 years and he has taught them the worst tactics that you can teach a football player. So, I believe the only penalty that would suffice for this type of crime: he shouldn’t be able to coach any more. It is a privilege for us to be able to play football, and a privilege to play in the NFL, and he has taken the last 15, 16 years of his career, and he has decided to do that with it. I believe that Roger Goodell, his penalty should be: he shouldn’t be able to coach in the NFL any more.” Chris Carter

I don't understand your logic. Are you saying that robbing someones house is not a scumbag move and wrong?
    Are you saying someone who advertises that their stuff is unguarded and there for the taking is responsible behavior? My problem is that there's a general feeling out there that there's only one side responsible for these actions. I agree that it's a scumbag move, but I disagree with the premise that going after injured players is unexpected or wrong. Most people speed. It's almost accepted here in Wisconsin that you can go 5 miles over the limit without getting pulled over. Everyone also knows that the faster you drive, the more likely accidents are. The difference between going 25 and 30 can be the difference between clipping a dude who walks out between a pair of cars and not. Sure, it's a scumbag move to speed in a residential neighborhood, but it's also the dude who walks out from between some cars' fault as well.

My problem is the bounty, the cash portion involved. That's like driving down the side walk, swerving to hit specific pedestrians.

When I watch the way the Saints players ...demonstrating superior listening skills RE: Greg Williams 'Gestapo address/speech' to his defense, the night before that playoff game. Manhandle the 49er offensive players.

It was difficult for me NOT to imagine the game officials were missing (again).

He was aware that it was being recorded. There was a guy sitting in on the meeting there because he was doing research on head injuries in the NFL. He had a recording device with him. It's not like this was a surprise.

I just can't believe this is a big deal. I remember a D coach telling us in high school to kill the QB. I believe his exact words were "I want his mother puking in the stands after she sees what you did to him." Do you honestly think the players thought the coach wanted them to actually kill the opposing team? Was the coach saying he literally wanted his players to break Frank Gores neck? Sure he was telling his guys to hit the QB in the chin. If I could get away with it, I would too -- And what I mean by that is if the refs are allowing it during the game. Some officials are stricter than others. I also have no problems with coaches telling players to go after injuries. If a player has an injured body part and are stupid enough to still take the field and the coaches allow it, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going for it and trying to get that player even more off his game. Are you telling me if a lineman had a concussion last week, you wouldn't head butt him every chance you got? Is it different for a WR?

I have no issues with his motivational techniques and his language. Where he has the problem is where he obviously offers a cash reward for big hits, which is against the rules. That is the issue and on that point, I think he's guilty as all hell.

Well, did you do your job? Was Mommy puking in the stands, or did you let your coach down, Smeefy?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, did you do your job? Was Mommy puking in the stands, or did you let your coach down, Smeefy?
    No. I sucked at football and rode the pine.

The line that's crossed here is a tangible. There was a monetary reward for the result. The result of a guy leaving the game due to injury from the hit. That's a big big difference then a lot of Win One for the Gipper bullshit. Money actually changed hands from this as I understand it. The guy should not see an NFL sideline ever again.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    The line that's crossed here is a tangible. There was a monetary reward for the result. The result of a guy leaving the game due to injury from the hit. That's a big big difference then a lot of Win One for the Gipper bullshit. Money actually changed hands from this as I understand it. The guy should not see an NFL sideline ever again.
    Win one for the Gipper bullshit? In Smeefers's case, it sounds more like "Make mommy puke for the Gipper!"
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack