Thread: Shea McClellin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Friend of mine lives in Houson....said tonight on his ride home on their sports show, Houston officials discussed GB has talked to the, about swapping picks to ensure New England doesn't take Shea ahead of them. IF true, Thompson would be pissed to know word was leaked.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Friend of mine lives in Houson....said tonight on his ride home on their sports show, Houston officials discussed GB has talked to the, about swapping picks to ensure New England doesn't take Shea ahead of them. IF true, Thompson would be pissed to know word was leaked.
    If this is true, the points chart suggests the trade would be something like

#28 (660) + #123 (49) for #26 (700) with maybe 9 points of late round picks thrown in to make the math work out (Green Bay and Houston swap picks in the 5th, 6th, and 7th or something.)

That would be fine, since we've got three picks in the fourth round anyway.
    Last edited by Lurker64; 04-13-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    </delurk>

Ah, Draft time! This is where zeros can be heros in a matter of weeks, days, sometimes even as fast as minutes.

Gotta love when a player comes from just about nowhere and sky rockets up the draft boards.

I'll admit, I didn't have McClellin on my radar two weeks ago, but now, I'll be upset if we don't get this guy. I don't care, nor do I really have any clue as to where he will go in the draft, but I want this guy in Green and Gold.

Ah, Draft time!

I started watching his games. At first, I didn't love him. He doesn't explode off the screen or anything. The more I watched though, the more I liked him.

He's a very, very smart player. He does a great job setting the edge, forcing runners inside, and he does it without getting tied up. Once the runner commits back inside, McClellin has a way about his game where the blocker just can't get their hands on him and McClellin turns it inside to make big play after big play in the run game. As a pass rusher, he's more clever than purely dominant, but boy oh boy is he clever. On 3rd down, the guys blocking him look lost. He gets the blocking scheme to commit, then pulls some kind of trick on them. His stunts and delays are a thing of beauty.

I'm a big fan of how well he stays home, yet how well he makes plays while doing it.

I put McClellin over Upshaw because he's a far more natural player. He hides his intentions really well, plays within the defense really well, handles blockers really well, takes great angles. . . . He'd be a beautiful fit in our defense. He's the type of player who can confuse the shit out of the opposition. He'll be a real reliable 1st and 2nd down player and a friggin nightmare on 3rd down. Blockers are just lost with this guy.

He'll get engulfed at times by stud NFL OT's, all OLBs do, but he can hunker down and whether or not he can beat that blocker to make that many big plays in the run game, he always has his edge locked down before he does anything else and he'll funnel it inside.

Put me in the McClellin camp. He's sneaky good. Jennings had that sneaky good way about him. I think McClellin does too. Some guys just know what they're doing and how to hide what they're doing from the guy across from them.

He looks a lot like a Patriot type of defender to me. He'd look great in Green and Yellow too.

Fuckin stud. That's my opinion.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 04-13-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Well that pretty much guarantees that we will not be picking this guy, you think Ted is going to let info like that get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Well that pretty much guarantees that we will not be picking this guy, you think Ted is going to let info like that get out.
    It's also possible that this is just "reasonable speculation" not based on a leak or anything, and since this trade will be easy to consummate based on the math (the difference between #28 and #26 is GB's fourth round pick less nine points) that if it makes sense, then Ted can pull the trigger.

I don't think this sort of thing will happen before the draft, since it's entirely possible there are three players Ted loves on the board at #26, so he'll let Houston take one, New England take the other, and whichever third player is there he still loves, but it wouldn't be surprising if they discussed it.
    </delurk>