Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Williams - Bounty Audio

Greg Williams - Bounty Audio

You can put this one under the heading of "Evidence."

Yep, I'd say that the NFL had reason to suspend him, but I doubt he's the only DC talking this way.

Ohh Boy !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    You can put this one under the heading of "Evidence."

Yep, I'd say that the NFL had reason to suspend him, but I doubt he's the only DC talking this way.
    Perhaps, but I suspect he'll be the last one stupid enough to make a recording of it.

The information on Greg Williams on the Yahoo Sports Report (Roger Silver is the author and then report is based in Silvers interview with a documentry filmmaker name Sean Pamphilon) and being reported on the NFL Network is certainly damning. This is brand new information that has surfaced by reports just today.

Scandalous stuff and what is also coming out is the NO Saints arrogance, in terms of coverups and outright lying.

Greg Williams..."Kill the head and the body will die".

Greg Williams is recorded making damaging remarks RE: 49er players ( WR M. Crabtree, QB A. Smith, RB Gore and TE V. Davis etc.)

Greg Williams has already criticixed his own behaviour and apologized and has stated he will not appeal.

As I write this Roger Goodell and his committee are hearing the appeals of the four other principles. I hope Roger Gooodell doesn't budge.

Update:

Two of the four Saints Brass have been in and out ( GM Loomis and Assist coach Joe Vitt have presented their appeals). Roger Goodell is now with Sean Peyton hearing his appeal presentation.

I'm listening to Saints Assist. HC Joe Vitt now. He was asked by reporters if he's aware that it's the Saints position that before the axe fell. That Greg Williams was about to be FIRED. That it was certainly a fact of awareness that Greg Williams was 'a Rogue Coach'.

Joe Vitt denied any knowledge of that as a fact or.... that Greg Williams was deemed 'a Rogue Coach' by the Saints organization. He shook that question off effectively.

So as I understand it 'officially and publicly' the Saints are not passing all blame onto their former DC Gregg Williams.

I expect that may soon change. I expect that the Saints may be appealing 'in fact' on the grounds that the organization had acted to contain Greg Williams by firing hin two days after the season ended. Recall the San Fran 49ers defeated the Saints in the playoffs. In the yahoo Report it's clear that Greg Williams is still briefing his defensive players to go after certain 49ers players like their starting QB Alex Smith and TE Vernon Davis. he does this before that playoff game with the San Fran 49ers.

The expected grounds of appeal that Greg Williams is 'a Rogue Coach' and was about to get FIRED does not wash.

It was incumbant on the Saints GM, HC and Assist. HC to be welll aware of The NO Saints DC Greg williams tactics. Rogue to them or not as a focus incumbant on the organization to absolutely terminate this reported bounty cash pool reward Program.

The Saints brass didn't stop this program. They must suffer the already announced penaltys.

IMO....Roger Goodell will look bad if he rolls over.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Perhaps, but I suspect he'll be the last one stupid enough to make a recording of it.
    I doubt seriously that he recorded it. Why would he?

Isn't this probably part of the informant's material provided to the league office?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Someone's always recording it seems

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    He was aware that it was being recorded. There was a guy sitting in on the meeting there because he was doing research on head injuries in the NFL. He had a recording device with him. It's not like this was a surprise.

I just can't believe this is a big deal. I remember a D coach telling us in high school to kill the QB. I believe his exact words were "I want his mother puking in the stands after she sees what you did to him." Do you honestly think the players thought the coach wanted them to actually kill the opposing team? Was the coach saying he literally wanted his players to break Frank Gores neck? Sure he was telling his guys to hit the QB in the chin. If I could get away with it, I would too -- And what I mean by that is if the refs are allowing it during the game. Some officials are stricter than others. I also have no problems with coaches telling players to go after injuries. If a player has an injured body part and are stupid enough to still take the field and the coaches allow it, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going for it and trying to get that player even more off his game. Are you telling me if a lineman had a concussion last week, you wouldn't head butt him every chance you got? Is it different for a WR?

I have no issues with his motivational techniques and his language. Where he has the problem is where he obviously offers a cash reward for big hits, which is against the rules. That is the issue and on that point, I think he's guilty as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    I doubt seriously that he recorded it. Why would he?

Isn't this probably part of the informant's material provided to the league office?
    The fact is Greg Williams was recorded ( by some fella named Sean Pamphilon, doing a documentry I'm hearing. This recording was made the night before the Saints @ 49ers game. (See the Yahoo Report by Roger Silver for full details).

That recording leaked as reported by Yahoo Sports Roger Silver. I've heard several quotes of the transcript today on the NFL Network. It paints a bad pictire of Greg Williams. His words might make even the tougher of you'cringe'. My interpretation of what Gregg Williams said to his payer that night before the 49ers playoff game. He's clearly arrogant but worse, borderline psychotic.

The language and I don't mean just the expletives are clear in terms of damaging the health of opposition players. Words like concussions and ACL and taking his head etc. are damning.

This is football and last I heard 'a sport' not a WAR.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-05-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I also have no problems with coaches telling players to go after injuries.
    I have a problem with it. Just because the refs can't see everything, that doesn't make it right. Just because some people are scumbags that doesn't make it right.

I'm not going to rob your house just because the police don't always catch robbers and because other people rob houses. Why, because it is a scumbag move and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I have a problem with it. Just because the refs can't see everything, that doesn't make it right. Just because some people are scumbags that doesn't make it right.

I'm not going to rob your house just because the police don't always catch robbers and because other people rob houses. Why, because it is a scumbag move and wrong.
    + 3

He was aware that it was being recorded. There was a guy sitting in on the meeting there because he was doing research on head injuries in the NFL. He had a recording device with him. It's not like this was a surprise.

I just can't believe this is a big deal. I remember a D coach telling us in high school to kill the QB. I believe his exact words were "I want his mother puking in the stands after she sees what you did to him." Do you honestly think the players thought the coach wanted them to actually kill the opposing team? Was the coach saying he literally wanted his players to break Frank Gores neck? Sure he was telling his guys to hit the QB in the chin. If I could get away with it, I would too -- And what I mean by that is if the refs are allowing it during the game. Some officials are stricter than others. I also have no problems with coaches telling players to go after injuries. If a player has an injured body part and are stupid enough to still take the field and the coaches allow it, there is absolutely nothing wrong with going for it and trying to get that player even more off his game. Are you telling me if a lineman had a concussion last week, you wouldn't head butt him every chance you got? Is it different for a WR?

I have no issues with his motivational techniques and his language. Where he has the problem is where he obviously offers a cash reward for big hits, which is against the rules. That is the issue and on that point, I think he's guilty as all hell.

Well, did you do your job? Was Mommy puking in the stands, or did you let your coach down, Smeefy?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

We'll if Greg Williams was this open with media present then the NFL probably has material on him from its own NFL Films archive.

Those cameras and mikes are everywhere these days.

he's done for life after this. remember he said this after being warned and asked about this kind of stuff a couple times in the past. he flat out said 3 or 4 times to go out and injury a player. he's done, and i hope a lot of the saints defenders that pulled this shit under him are done too

Wow, the fallout continues. Even the 49er parents are getting involved.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...egg-williams/1

Another point, notice that this recording is leaked justed as Payton, Loomis, and others are meeting with Goodell to appeal their suspensions. Curious timing.

@jasonjwilde we work our entire lives to make it to the NFL. And some guy wants to pay players to hurt people. NOT cool!
    In reply to Jason Wilde
    23h josh sitton ‏ @jsitton71 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

@jasonjwilde trying to take someone out of a game or end a career is a chicken shit move!
    In reply to Jason Wilde

@jasonjwilde I want to be clear. Our sport is violent and you are supposed to hurt one another, but this guy took it over the top!
    In reply to Jason Wilde

@jasonjwilde hope they don't bounty me!
    In reply to Jason Wilde
    5 Apr josh sitton ‏ @jsitton71 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

“@bernardshuford: @jsitton71 Holy cow, dude. That guy needs help. Do Packers coaches talk like that to you guys?”hell no
    5 Apr josh sitton ‏ @jsitton71 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

The line that's crossed here is a tangible. There was a monetary reward for the result. The result of a guy leaving the game due to injury from the hit. That's a big big difference then a lot of Win One for the Gipper bullshit. Money actually changed hands from this as I understand it. The guy should not see an NFL sideline ever again.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

I just heard a recording of Brian Billick addressing this and he said in his 40 years in football he has never heard a coach specifically talk about going after another player's body part to take him out/or injure an opponent. He found this disturbing and said this kind of talk is NOT found in other lockerrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post

Your analogy is wrong. It's more like leaving your windows and doors open with a sign outside that reads "lots of expensive stuff inside, will be gone from 9-5 every day. No Alarm system and neighbors hate me!" Then being surprised when your stuff is gone. Playing injured is STUPID and if a player gets cranked for it, then it's his own fault. Don't act like this game is some playground game. Guys always snicker and talk around what goes on under the pile. No one is unaware of the risks that go into playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, did you do your job? Was Mommy puking in the stands, or did you let your coach down, Smeefy?
    No. I sucked at football and rode the pine.

A target list of injuries is just one step past stupid, but the sanctimony is getting a little deep. Sapp, who took a year off Clifton's career, and Irvin are now claiming they have never heard such of such a thing.

Coaches who have taught defense this way have been around forever as have players who will listen to it. Reggie White acknowledged he purposefully held Brett Favre's arm in a vulnerable position and landed fully on top of him, hoping to injure or damage Favre's effectiveness. White succeeded in partially separating Favre's non-throwing shoulder. the fact that Favre continued to play well was one reason White signed with the Packers the next year.

Albert Haynesworth stomped on Gurode's face several years ago. Haynesworth is several iterations dumber than White. However, White was coached by Buddy White and Haynesworth by Ryan acolytes Fisher/Williams/Schwartz. Albert took the instruction more to heart and had less conscience about it.

Players have targeted other players injuries long before this. Why does anyone believe Belicheck and other coaches refuse to reveal the actual injury involved? Its the same reason Hockey coaches list players with an injured "lower body". Players targeted Aikman and Young's heads. Was it a coincidence that Wayne Simmons blasted the 49er fullback, causing a fumble, who had a cast on his hand/arm in the Packers playoff game at Candlestick Park? Simmons also targeted Brett Jones for some non-traditional coverage in throwing him around like a rag doll in that game. Simmons was one of Fritz Shurmur's favorites. Was it because he was a witty conversationalist? A former player for Shurmur said Fritz would get colorful but not go to the extent of listing injuries. How much more info is necessary to know what to do? Most of the players understand. Not all of them do it even when encouraged. That is when a coach asks for the team to bring in "his" kind of players.

Punishing Williams more for this speech is dumb, since it signifies nothing new. And oddly, there is no mention of the paydays.

The League wants to change the culture of coaching and football to encourage less hits with intent to injure and fewer headshots (and use of the head as an instrument of tackling). Fine. Especially with regard to putting a hat on the ball (or Chuck Cecil missile shots), is bad technique anyway and leads to more injuries. Previous efforts by the NFL (usually after a catastrophe that does not seem present in this case) have pushed the sports coaches in other levels to adopt better policies about hydration and training. Its probably a good thing and the only way the sport survives.

But Josh Sitton (perhaps unknowingly), Sapp and Irvin are being foolish if they think this isn't common among D coaches. Not all of them do it, but even a saint like Joe Gibbs have tolerated it.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-06-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.