Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meadow?

The Meadow?

So, we have a new section that allows the administrator to ban people without banning them and only allows posts that are approved by the administrator to be visible, and this is somehow different than the rest of the forum?

Sounds more like Madtowns Digital Dick Swinging Disco than a "meadow," but I guess there isn't really any information available, so maybe it's going to be used for something else. Just saying, at this point, I can see the usefulness of what I understand the idea to be, but I can pretty safely guarantee you that the implementation and use is going to be a complete and total disaster.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    if you want to fight with Mad, take it to the Meadow!

GO TT! gO PAcK!!!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hey, even some blacks will survive armageddon, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a mexican. (The arab is a little over the top.)

If you say Jehovah once more....

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

Hey, even some blacks will survive armageddon, and if I'm not mistaken, there's a mexican.
    Hey, that picture looks familiar:

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If you say Jehovah once more....

Where the hell do you find this shit?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Sounds more like Madtowns Digital Dick Swinging Disco than a "meadow," but I guess there isn't really any information available, so maybe it's going to be used for something else.

Maybe he did it just free up his inbox.

WTF is going on around here? The meadow? Has it really come to this?
    C.H.U.D.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, we have a new section that allows the administrator to ban people without banning them and only allows posts that are approved by the administrator to be visible, and this is somehow different than the rest of the forum?

Sounds more like Madtowns Digital Dick Swinging Disco than a "meadow," but I guess there isn't really any information available, so maybe it's going to be used for something else. Just saying, at this point, I can see the usefulness of what I understand the idea to be, but I can pretty safely guarantee you that the implementation and use is going to be a complete and total disaster.
    Shocking. Here I was hoping you would just say "Im a whining little baby and anything that I dont like I cry about and make a thread but then if there is no change I might have nothing to cry about too so maybe your damned if you do and you damned if you dont", "Wow you dirty Mexican you cant win with me!".

I will swing my dick right in front of your face instead. I pay the rent and I always have but at the same time I always encourage input from everyone. So if the forum doesnt want this it will not happen. But this jumping the gun crying bullshit does get old. We should be able to discuss the matter without you immediately jumping to stage1 emergency drama mode. Does it make you feel alive talking down on anything I do here, sad little man? Life is too short to be bitter. So maybe discuss this properly or get the fuck on if the fate of a online forum damages you so badly. Thank you.

As for the meadow I posted what I was proposing:

Im thinking the Meadow can become our own "stadium jail" where bad boys and girls are sent to correct their issues. They would be changed to a special user group that allowed them to only read the Packers section of the forum while only being able to post in the Meadow in a thread that was regarding the problem or fight. The general population would have read only access to the Meadow to see the bloodshed but could not post to it. You would have access to vote on the polls that in turn would decide who had been rehabilitated enough for release from the Meadow. Right now all of you can post to this thread but that's just for the Grand Opening.

To which you gave the colorful but honest response:

This looks like one of the dumbest fucking ideas ever.

Why can't you always been so easy to work with? In this thread you say you could see some use for it but then proceed to shit over it like a baboon rubbing shit over something because he doesn't know what it is. The Meadow would actually require your votes to decide the fate of anyone sent there so "the administrator" you mention wouldnt actually have anything to do with that. In fact, your BFF kinda inspired it by suggesting Scott and Woody go off to the Meadow since they where interrupting his discussion. So maybe you can roll over and punch him in the balls for his brilliance.

But I must ask, how could you see the Meadow being useful? I see no purpose if it is just going to be another open section.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Maybe he did it just free up his inbox.
    Good one.

Blog Entries
    if you want to fight with Mad, take it to the Meadow!

GO TT! gO PAcK!!!
    Seeeee, there is some use for it. Think of the grudge matches we could have. In the end the public would vote on who won the battle or deserved redemption.

I like the description - "Rat Rehabilitation Center" - funny!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Shocking. Here I was hoping you would just say "Im a whining little baby and anything that I dont like I cry about and make a thread but then if there is no change I might have nothing to cry about too so maybe your damned if you do and you damned if you dont", "Wow you dirty Mexican you cant win with me!".

I will swing my dick right in front of your face instead. I pay the rent and I always have but at the same time I always encourage input from everyone. So if the forum doesnt want this it will not happen. But this jumping the gun crying bullshit does get old. We should be able to discuss the matter without you immediately jumping to stage1 emergency drama mode. Does it make you feel alive talking down on anything I do here, sad little man? Life is too short to be bitter. So maybe discuss this properly or get the fuck on if the fate of a online forum damages you so badly. Thank you.

As for the meadow I posted what I was proposing:

Im thinking the Meadow can become our own "stadium jail" where bad boys and girls are sent to correct their issues. They would be changed to a special user group that allowed them to only read the Packers section of the forum while only being able to post in the Meadow in a thread that was regarding the problem or fight. The general population would have read only access to the Meadow to see the bloodshed but could not post to it. You would have access to vote on the polls that in turn would decide who had been rehabilitated enough for release from the Meadow. Right now all of you can post to this thread but that's just for the Grand Opening.

To which you gave the colorful but honest response:

This looks like one of the dumbest fucking ideas ever.

Why can't you always been so easy to work with? In this thread you say you could see some use for it but then proceed to shit over it like a baboon rubbing shit over something because he doesn't know what it is. The Meadow would actually require your votes to decide the fate of anyone sent there so "the administrator" you mention wouldnt actually have anything to do with that. In fact, your BFF kinda inspired it by suggesting Scott and Woody go off to the Meadow since they where interrupting his discussion. So maybe you can roll over and punch him in the balls for his brilliance.

But I must ask, how could you see the Meadow being useful? I see no purpose if it is just going to be another open section.
    There's some good in there - two people get in a flame war that disrupts the forum - send to meadow and put on read only for a week. Can you really make it so the thread is read only except for the flamers? I suggest no vote, just let the flames die out. I'm betting a flame war flames out fast with this restriction.

Make the bar pretty high before sending people to the meadow - we don't need a hair trigger despot!

Now I kinda wanna get into a fight with someone!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    In this thread you say you could see some use for it but then proceed to shit over it like a baboon rubbing shit over something because he doesn't know what it is.
    It's not the idea. It's the implementation.

In case that doesn't make sense to you, this is what that means: I believe that while in a competently run forum, such a "time-out" room would have value, I also believe you'll fuck it up and use it as just another one of your feel-good ways to act like the self styled internet deity you've decided you are. Why do I believe this? Well, I'm glad you asked. Because you've fucked up just about everything else here, which seems to be the main point you want to keep ignoring while blaming the posters. Like I said, the proof is in the pudding. You did things your way, including abandoning this place for a couple years and those people who were offering to help and/or take over. How's that working out?

So go ahead and swing your dick around like it's 1999. I'm sure your flock will continue to grow. LOL. Guess what? You can prattle on all you want about who pays the bills and the rights that gives you to run this place like a retard, but you don't own us, or what's left of us. And without us, and work all of us have put into a website that relies SOLELY on the exchange of ideas, you've got your dick in your hand in an empty room. Well, except for woodbuck. He'll keep watching this horror show I suppose.

Why not just leave, you ask again? Well, because I like the people here. The ones that are still here, anyway. We've been building relationships for almost a decade, and that's what this site used to be about. For the past 4 or 5 years, you've done your best to splinter, polarize, control, and drive off those relationships.

So abuse me all you want because I dared speak my mind in opposition to you and your wonderful ideas, but it kind of seems like I've got 4-5 years of history and a few hundred dead accounts on my side when I tell you you're not doing this right. In other words, any further discussion about what's "wrong" with the forum will be just as wasted as the countless ones before, because the main and foremost problem with this forum, now and for the past few years, is you, and your unwillingness to cede control of it to someone who could do a better job. Just my opinion. Sorry it upsets you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post

I'll fight you. What do you want to fight about?

Blog Entries
    It's not the idea. It's the implementation.

So abuse me all you want because I dared speak my mind
    I beg forgiveness for not doing things the way you think they should be done and for abusing you.

Well buddy, we aint gonna work this out I guess. This forum has great members and quality/quantity post. Trust me I check others at times and I must admit you greatly exaggerate this places demises. But I will keep using the pliers and wire and duct tape to hold it together until it all falls apart because Im just too stu-stu-stupid to understand big words like "implementation".

Blog Entries
    There's some good in there - two people get in a flame war that disrupts the forum - send to meadow and put on read only for a week. Can you really make it so the thread is read only except for the flamers? I suggest no vote, just let the flames die out. I'm betting a flame war flames out fast with this restriction.

Make the bar pretty high before sending people to the meadow - we don't need a hair trigger despot!
    Thanks for your input. That is exactly how it can work and I can show you if you like. Can I borrow SC and Woody? Would they be an example of where the bar should be set? Or we could use the forum complaint system (Report Post = the little triangle with the ! at the bottom of each post) where if I get so many complaints from members the Meadow goes into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post

Let's go!