Thread: The Meadow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    It's not the idea. It's the implementation.

So abuse me all you want because I dared speak my mind
    I beg forgiveness for not doing things the way you think they should be done and for abusing you.

Well buddy, we aint gonna work this out I guess. This forum has great members and quality/quantity post. Trust me I check others at times and I must admit you greatly exaggerate this places demises. But I will keep using the pliers and wire and duct tape to hold it together until it all falls apart because Im just too stu-stu-stupid to understand big words like "implementation".

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    But I will keep using the pliers and wire and duct tape to hold it together until it all falls apart
    True story. About fifteen years ago I considered writing a short story about a metaphoric dysfunctionally depressed society that was centered around a machine that sounded out their day which was created by the town founder as a means of keeping harmony throughout the society. Well, over the decades, "smarter" people kept adding modifications, "improvements," and other important junk, which was actually doing more harm than good. Ignorantly, the town's leaders kept adding mechanisms to correct the negative results of their previous mechanisms, compounding the problem and leading to mass suicides, rapes, domestic abuse, and general mayhem until some person strips the machine down to it's essential function again. I never wrote the story because I couldn't find the proper motive for the protagonist and how Prozac played into the story. Anyway, the point being, for those of you without such an esteemed literary degree as my own: less is often more and the harder you try to "fix" something that was never broken, but rather was being meddled with by well intentioned but totally incompetent gits, the more worthless and unusable it becomes.

Just thought I would share.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    True story. About fifteen years ago I considered writing a short story about a metaphoric dysfunctionally depressed society that was centered around a machine that sounded out their day which was created by the town founder as a means of keeping harmony throughout the society. Well, over the decades, "smarter" people kept adding modifications, "improvements," and other important junk, which was actually doing more harm than good. Ignorantly, the town's leaders kept adding mechanisms to correct the negative results of their previous mechanisms, compounding the problem and leading to mass suicides, rapes, domestic abuse, and general mayhem until some person strips the machine down to it's essential function again. I never wrote the story because I couldn't find the proper motive for the protagonist and how Prozac played into the story. Anyway, the point being, for those of you without such an esteemed literary degree as my own: less is often more and the harder you try to "fix" something that was never broken, but rather was being meddled with by well intentioned but totally incompetent gits, the more worthless and unusable it becomes.

Just thought I would share.
    The more you overwork the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain!