Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meadow?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Great posting everyone.

Good post woodbuck27!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I see scott and aynrand cant help themselves. Most unfortunate.

Blog Entries
    Hey Scott. please that 'Good post BS....knock it off and let's communicate..PLEASE.

Your NOT going to change. I assure you that I won't cahnge as well. We seem to rub one another the wrong way. Alot of that has to do with my position RE: Favre and there is will be more I'm guessing.

Scott I make the following statement with all honesty and concern for my membership here:

I will never sacrifice my integrity and dishonour all I was raised to be by very intelligent/smart and solidly decent people.

This whole thing has come to be a mess that even I do NOT fully understand nor can unravel.I'll not inform Packerrats of my intelligence level but it's extremely high. Few people have the gifts I was bless'd with. I'm not as you wish me to be. I'm NOT mentally ill. I'm hardly weak in any way.

I'm a very happy and healthy man.

All my life my intelligence, will to succeed and determination in life in a general sense was noticed and rewarded. This is a tough atmosphere in which to be treatedin any sense resembling TRUTH.

I read so much great stuff and some incredible BULLSHIT and LIES!

I'm lost as to what to do now. I know I cannot bend over backwards for some of the members of Packerrats. Well clearer...no member ....no owner either. I must stand by who I am.

If I am judged as a BAD member here I submit to a Final judgement.

Those that make such judgement 'as a negative against me' will suffer their own shame.

Scott......What happened to retailguy?
    Note: When you get back after your "break" I just want to let you know I wasn't joking about you going back and forth with SC outside of the GC.

Yes, SC, I think the viewership in the Packer forum would increase if some posts like the one I mentioned were simply erased. The problem isn't any single post, the problem is that posts like it are designed to troll and start a fight, a back and forth that often consumes the thread, like woody and SC have been having here. That wasn't Skin taking a shot at Nutz or Mad taking a shot at Harlan. If you can stop the trolling and in-fighting, a number of former posters would have stayed. And I think whatever method Mad uses to add new posters would be more successful and keep those members around longer. I think the numbers would increase quite a bit over time.

And Skin, while I am not eager to have anyone police humor and I am sorry to hear that the RR was at one point humorless, it seems a small risk to run to keep the Packer forum civil. And Mad, its entirely possible a well intentioned soul could delete Fritz's comment about teachers, having (I think) misinterpreted it. But I doubt that deleting a post is permanent and if it becomes clear that an error was made, it can be corrected. The flow of the thread might be disrupted, but not as badly as the thread being overrun by a personal battle or having a poster throwing a fit and getting the whole thread tossed in the GC.

I do not claim to have any magical ability to discern what people want and what they will tolerate. If I did, I would work in TV or marketing. But if someone needs to tell Brandon he is too suburban to carry his attitude, it should go in a PM.

But something needs to be done other than off the rail threads being dumped in the GC. In fact, I think that form of control is counterproductive, giving the disruptive individual the power to torpedo an entire thread. The hard work in a good thread should be rewarded. Posts that simply seek to start a confrontation should be the target.

It will never be perfect, but having a conversation with one poster about a problematic post is far easier than explaining to 20 posters why a thread gets removed or gutted because of two people who lack self control.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    So I see scott and aynrand cant help themselves. Most unfortunate.
    They aren't the only ones. Only they don't have the ability to ban people in lieu of making an actual articulated point. Some would call that unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And Skin, while I am not eager to have anyone police humor and I am sorry to hear that the RR was at one point humorless, it seems a small risk to run to keep the Packer forum civil.
    I understand where you're coming from, but the amount of work involved in policing the intention, subtext, and history between users seems a bit monumental. Unless you delete anything not strictly football related. In which case you may as well just follow an RSS feed. IMHO, it's the human interaction that keeps people coming back, and sometimes human interaction in unpredictable and volatile. Then again, I don't run a successful internet forum, so what do I know?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    They aren't the only ones. Only they don't have the ability to ban people in lieu of making an actual articulated point. Some would call that unfortunate.
    So tell us what do you do for fun?

what you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    what do you consider fun?
    Fun! Natural Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but the amount of work involved in policing the intention, subtext, and history between users seems a bit monumental. Unless you delete anything not strictly football related. In which case you may as well just follow an RSS feed. IMHO, it's the human interaction that keeps people coming back, and sometimes human interaction in unpredictable and volatile. Then again, I don't run a successful internet forum, so what do I know?
    I agree it's potentially a large responsibility. And I am not particularly interested in a sanitized forum, though even if that were the result, the Packer forum would still be of interest to me because it draws on a wider range of sources than I can get even on a Twitter feed. So I admit, even a mechanical Rats RSS feed is not my worst case scenario, though it would be a tremendous loss. Coming here to laugh at the quips and groaners (or be proven wrong, a underestimated feature) it part of its ramshackle charm.

Which is why I would encourage any mod or Mad to focus only on specific posts and egregious content. If someone lights the fuse on a known flame issue or posts just to insult another (non joking form), it should go. If the deletion is in error, the post can be restored. Save the thread, lose the post.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And I am not particularly interested in a sanitized forum....Which is why I would encourage any mod or Mad to focus only on specific posts and egregious content..

Words only get meaningful when it gets down to specific examples, since everybody thinks their own position is the center of reason and moderation. You identified the Snake post as "egregious content." From my perspective, you most definitely are interested in a sanitized forum.

But probably we don't really disagree that much and I am being harsh for dramatic effect.

I want a forum moderated by Skinbasket that excludes insulting assholes like Skinbasket.

So tell us what do you do for fun?
    Well, killing interest in internet forums for my own egotistical pleasure isn't high on my list, so I guess... cigar bars?

At least the guys there are assholes by their own considered choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    what you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    what do you consider fun?
    Fun! Natural Fun!

you should be banned for being so boring.

ahhh, you're just jealous of my aerobics instructor perkiness.

This post is NOT directed at any particular member of Packerrats rather 'all of my fellow members of OUR GREEN BAY PACKER home:

"The Gunslinger"

An old prospector shuffled into the town of El Indio, Texas leading a tired old mule. The old man headed straight for the only saloon in town, to clear his parched throat.

He walked up to the saloon and tied his old mule to the hitch rail.

As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes,a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.

The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, can you dance?"

The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No son, I don't dance... never really wanted to."

A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said, "Well, you old fool, you're gonna dance now!" and started shooting at the old man's feet.

The old prospector, not wanting to get a toe blown off, started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet.

Everybody standing around was laughing.

When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.

The old man turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double-barrelled 12 gauge shotgun and cocked both hammers.

The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air. The crowd stopped laughing immediately.

The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly.

The silence was deafening. The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin 12 gauge barrels.

The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he quietly said;

"Son, have you ever kissed a mule's ass?"

The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir... but...but I've always wanted to."

There are a few lessons for all of us here: *Don't be arrogant.

*Don't waste ammunition.

*Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.

*Always make sure you know who is in control.

*And finally, don't screw around with old folks; they didn't get old by being stupid.

and finally I believe this is true:

“Treat a person as he/she is, and he will remain as he/she is. Treat a person as he/she could be, and he/she will become what he/she should be.”

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Note: When you get back after your "break" I just want to let you know I wasn't joking about you going back and forth with SC outside of the GC.

I've had to unfortunately and mostly by this WARNING placed SC 'back on IGNORE'.

As last week concluded I was sincere in attempting to reach a peace settlement with Scott Campbell. It now appears that the window of opportunity for that to succeed is gone. I'm certainly at a loss of words to expres my sadness as that turned out. I wish Scott Campbell 'no harm'. I hope Scott can apply himself to change.

In placing Scott Campbell 'on IGNORE'. Did I exercise 'Free Will'? NO!

I did so as a precautionary measure to protect myself; until I can get a more accurate sense of what has happened here at Packerrats. What direction certain POWER GROUPS intend it to go.

I've determined a new Moderator was installed to replace pbmax.

In my observatuion, pbmax always seemed to be 'on the job' and a real credit to the ownership. I appreciated him as effective / competent / unbiased .... or fair.

I want to formally THANK pbmax for his consistent and competent duty as OUR Moderator. I believe pbmax had some challenging times as he carried out his best service to Packerrats. I wish the new moderator the same manner of succeeding without prejudice.

As always I want to express my ongoing gratitude to the owner and wisest members of Packerrats. To the decent people that attempt to be solidly contributing members to OUR PACKER HOME.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-08-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

There is good in everyone that you will know.
    There is good in everyone even though it does not show.
    Keep trying.

When I was a little tyke of two or three
    My mother said to me,
    Put those rose coloured glasses upon your nose
    You will see robbins insted of crows.

There is good in everyone who you will know.
    There is good in everyone sometimes it does not show.

Keep trying.

Even if someone is a rat
    he is not a complete rat

So keep trying.

There is good in every one.

BS

If *this unusual family* can somehow manage then I believe that Packerats can as well.

I always endeavour to contribute understanding and mutual respect. Of these two the greatest endeavour of anyone should be to gain RESPECT. Sometimes that's impossible with some but never impossible in terms of effort.

Without 'RESPECT' you have nothing.

There's good in everyone ** who you will know.

There's good in everyone sometimes it does not show.

** Therein lies 'the rub'.

For 'the most part'; we'll NOT have a genuine opportunity to know one another, or 'the TRUTH of what we are'. So many can ride the internet rails and settle in a place like Packerrats, which is a community with a wide assortment of personalities. Sometimes as members, we are impossible bedfellows or friends. Certain posts will not escape us as they are horridly unfair and indefensible.

Nevertheless and again IMO.... we must all never allow another member to paint an incorrect picture of who we arn't. If that member can stress his view enough; that view is adopted by the membership as 'a TRUTH'. as ridiculous as that view may be.

Packerrats is composed of groups that take sides and draw hard lines in the sand. The

** OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

reveals all that one member (MOBB DEEP ) desired for good and peace on this forum. I believe his endeavour was disrespected and maligned to a degree of unfortunate proportions. It's in this thread that we will see demonstrated all the worst of our community as a senseless battle is carried out.

If any member has loads of time on their hands. Read this thread and you will see 'the SHAME' of OUR Green Bay Packer HOME.

I ask anyone who reads this post to go to this thread and *** read post #189 located on page 10 of ***.

Read that members honest post. Do you feel 'your shame'? That member describes best what 'a REAL Packer Fan' must be. How to demonstrate proper conduct and pride as a Packer fan. I commend that member as one I certainly respect here at Packerrats.

So right there my view is prejudiced.

Read that thread for the outlandish rubes certain members make as absolute FLAMES against another member.

IMO...FLAMES are the higest disgrace for the members posting those FLAMES.

What of the challenge thrown down by the FLAMER? Should a man/woman be disrespected for a necessary defense? Worse ... suffer further humiliation and punishment for exercising integrity to defende himself/herself?

The FLAMER !!!

These members are responsible for those FLAMES. These members should request that they be deleted from this Forum as they disgrace themselves.

It's OK to error. Never OK to allow an error to sit... worse to perpetrate itself. That's on 'the leadership' of Packerrats.

Harlan. with no disrespect.

Each member has his/her own TRUTH but there is but 'ONE TRUTH'.

You of all people need to re-read the post I refer to above. Your response to that post and poster shocked me as i believed you incapable of such a position. I believed your intelligence would take you to a better place.

We all can change and grow to be constructive towords Packerrats. To not be cynical or allow this community to eat us up.

My final comment in this post;

I can assure the people in charge here of this wisdom. If you ever error in terms of awarding those damned in their needs. You'll never see....... but 'a mistake'.

That's what you'll always see in yourself looking inward.

The courage to 'get it RIGHT' always lies in each of our decisions.

My name is Ed. woodbuck27

I AM REAL.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-08-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Good god, man, are you TRYING to get yourself thrown out? Read what Mad wrote and Just. Stop. Talking. About. It. Like completely if you're not willing to go to the GC to do it.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Good god, man, are you TRYING to get yourself thrown out? Read what Mad wrote and Just. Stop. Talking. About. It. Like completely if you're not willing to go to the GC to do it.
    Why is it MJ that the 'only' time you ever respond to a post of mine is to slam it? To undermine 'the poster'.That isn't a rhetorical question. I do not want to engage you further RE: your post to me. Packerrats has changed and I need to learn how to be a member here again. I'm sincerely confused.

Look at yourself please.

My posts above offer nothing short of what's positive and constructive. My intentions to promote 'just that ' here in OUR Green Bay Packer home.

If my posts are offensive to you MJ and they are certainly NOT intended to upset anyone!?

You have this option. 'Simply' ... go to the Moderator 'zool' and request that they be removed to the Garbage Can.

Have a very pleasnt remainder to your week.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-08-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Why is it MJ that the 'only' time you ever respond to a post of mine is to slam it? To undermine 'the poster'.That isn't a rhetorical question. I do not want to engage you further RE: your post to me. Packerrats has changed and I need to learn how to be a member here again. I'm sincerely confused.

Look at yourself please.

My posts above offer nothing short of what's positive and constructive. My intentions to promote 'just that ' here in OUR Green Bay Packer home.

If my posts are offensive to you MJ and they are certainly NOT intended to upset anyone!?

You have this option. 'Simply' ... go to the Moderator 'zool' and request that they be removed to the Garbage Can.

Have a very pleasnt remainder to your week.
    Listen dumbass. She was trying to give you some much needed advice. Personally, I wouldn't have done it. I'm not that nice. I hope you do enough to get yourself banned.