Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meadow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    In this thread you say you could see some use for it but then proceed to shit over it like a baboon rubbing shit over something because he doesn't know what it is.
    It's not the idea. It's the implementation.

In case that doesn't make sense to you, this is what that means: I believe that while in a competently run forum, such a "time-out" room would have value, I also believe you'll fuck it up and use it as just another one of your feel-good ways to act like the self styled internet deity you've decided you are. Why do I believe this? Well, I'm glad you asked. Because you've fucked up just about everything else here, which seems to be the main point you want to keep ignoring while blaming the posters. Like I said, the proof is in the pudding. You did things your way, including abandoning this place for a couple years and those people who were offering to help and/or take over. How's that working out?

So go ahead and swing your dick around like it's 1999. I'm sure your flock will continue to grow. LOL. Guess what? You can prattle on all you want about who pays the bills and the rights that gives you to run this place like a retard, but you don't own us, or what's left of us. And without us, and work all of us have put into a website that relies SOLELY on the exchange of ideas, you've got your dick in your hand in an empty room. Well, except for woodbuck. He'll keep watching this horror show I suppose.

Why not just leave, you ask again? Well, because I like the people here. The ones that are still here, anyway. We've been building relationships for almost a decade, and that's what this site used to be about. For the past 4 or 5 years, you've done your best to splinter, polarize, control, and drive off those relationships.

So abuse me all you want because I dared speak my mind in opposition to you and your wonderful ideas, but it kind of seems like I've got 4-5 years of history and a few hundred dead accounts on my side when I tell you you're not doing this right. In other words, any further discussion about what's "wrong" with the forum will be just as wasted as the countless ones before, because the main and foremost problem with this forum, now and for the past few years, is you, and your unwillingness to cede control of it to someone who could do a better job. Just my opinion. Sorry it upsets you so much.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    It's not the idea. It's the implementation.

So abuse me all you want because I dared speak my mind
    I beg forgiveness for not doing things the way you think they should be done and for abusing you.

Well buddy, we aint gonna work this out I guess. This forum has great members and quality/quantity post. Trust me I check others at times and I must admit you greatly exaggerate this places demises. But I will keep using the pliers and wire and duct tape to hold it together until it all falls apart because Im just too stu-stu-stupid to understand big words like "implementation".

But I will keep using the pliers and wire and duct tape to hold it together until it all falls apart
    True story. About fifteen years ago I considered writing a short story about a metaphoric dysfunctionally depressed society that was centered around a machine that sounded out their day which was created by the town founder as a means of keeping harmony throughout the society. Well, over the decades, "smarter" people kept adding modifications, "improvements," and other important junk, which was actually doing more harm than good. Ignorantly, the town's leaders kept adding mechanisms to correct the negative results of their previous mechanisms, compounding the problem and leading to mass suicides, rapes, domestic abuse, and general mayhem until some person strips the machine down to it's essential function again. I never wrote the story because I couldn't find the proper motive for the protagonist and how Prozac played into the story. Anyway, the point being, for those of you without such an esteemed literary degree as my own: less is often more and the harder you try to "fix" something that was never broken, but rather was being meddled with by well intentioned but totally incompetent gits, the more worthless and unusable it becomes.

Just thought I would share.

Geriatric Rat All-Pro
    True story. About fifteen years ago I considered writing a short story about a metaphoric dysfunctionally depressed society that was centered around a machine that sounded out their day which was created by the town founder as a means of keeping harmony throughout the society. Well, over the decades, "smarter" people kept adding modifications, "improvements," and other important junk, which was actually doing more harm than good. Ignorantly, the town's leaders kept adding mechanisms to correct the negative results of their previous mechanisms, compounding the problem and leading to mass suicides, rapes, domestic abuse, and general mayhem until some person strips the machine down to it's essential function again. I never wrote the story because I couldn't find the proper motive for the protagonist and how Prozac played into the story. Anyway, the point being, for those of you without such an esteemed literary degree as my own: less is often more and the harder you try to "fix" something that was never broken, but rather was being meddled with by well intentioned but totally incompetent gits, the more worthless and unusable it becomes.

Just thought I would share.
    The more you overwork the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain!

Well, because I like the people here.
    that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me

As for the meadow I posted what I was proposing:

[I]Im thinking the Meadow can become our own "stadium jail" where bad boys and girls are sent to correct their issues.
    I pay the rent and I always have but at the same time I always encourage input from everyone.

Ok, you asked for input:

I guess the Ignore feature isn't enough to protect some of the overly sensitive cry babies that resort to complaining in the shadows via PM. These pussies need even more adult supervision/protection? Why don't you just tell the gutless cowards to turn in their man cards - permanently.

Completely embarrassing. People shouldn't expect you to be their Mommy. You already gave them an Ignore feature.

Outlaw forum my ass. I'm not going to endorse the pussification of PackerRats.

That's my opinion.

Your pal,

Scott
    Last edited by Scott Campbell; 04-29-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I'm not going to endorse the pussification of PackerRats.
    What's wrong with Pussy?

All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    What's wrong with Pussy?

As long as you're fucking them, nothing. The problems begin when you start listening to them.

Remember, fuck the pussies.

As long as you're fucking them, nothing. The problems begin when you start listening to them.

Remember, fuck the pussies.
    Ahem. If you didn't have a point, I'd knock you upside your polygamist head. In the meantime I'll just hang onto my honorary man card. Thanks.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Ok, you asked for input:

I guess the Ignore feature isn't enough to protect some of the overly sensitive cry babies that resort to complaining in the shadows via PM. These pussies need even more adult supervision/protection? Why don't you just tell the gutless cowards to turn in their man cards - permanently.

Completely embarrassing. People shouldn't expect you to be their Mommy. You already gave them an Ignore feature.

Outlaw forum my ass. I'm not going to endorse the pussification of PackerRats.

That's my opinion.

Your pal,

Scott
    I appreciate your honesty and this is the stuff we need to discuss but lets not start talking shit about those who dont wish to engage in pissing matches. Is Patler a pussy? Because I believe at one point he got sick of the shitty treatment he was receiving from a few and stopped posting here for a while. He never PMed me about it, he just did what he felt he had to do. Maybe if I had stepped in for a timeout that doesnt happen. I wish I had.

You and others whos voices are the loudest to complain always mention losing members or lack of new ones. I agree with that but you cant have it both ways. If you want good posters you need to make sure they are treated right, no? Does being able to cal this place an outlaw forum merit not having these great posters? We have an area for that, the GC. If that person chooses to engage that is on them. The Packers area shouldnt be yours or Woody boxing ring like you have been using it for lately. Would you not agree with that? A few funny replies is cool, constant badgering in every thread is annoying. I shouldnt have to be either of yours mommy either. I agree that the ignore feature is an option but it doesnt appear to be a good one. Maybe this can be a way to settle differences.

I like the description - "Rat Rehabilitation Center" - funny!

Now I kinda wanna get into a fight with someone!

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post

I'll fight you. What do you want to fight about?

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post

Let's go!

Was the capital city of your fictional society named Harlanville?

Was the capital city of your fictional society named Harlanville?

hey now, I've always been in favor of free speech, and high tolerance for oddballs.

I take issue when a poster harasses somebody who has asked to be left alone. I guess that doesn't sit well with you.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I take issue when a poster harasses somebody who has asked to be left alone.
    That's legit, assuming the person who requests to be left alone doesn't continue to take shots at his/her opponent.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That's legit, assuming the person who requests to be left alone doesn't continue to take shots at his/her opponent.
    Another excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post

I take issue when a poster harasses somebody who has asked to be left alone. I guess that doesn't sit well with you.

Pfffft.

You have been left alone. Funny how it kinda just happened all by itself - once you quit crying about it and acting like a douchebag.

What you really wanted was to win, by getting your opponent branded as a stalker. And that's Woody's latest angle.

It was lame then, and it's lame now.

You have been left alone. Funny how it kinda just happened all by itself - once you quit crying about it and acting like a douchebag.
    Why are you talking about me?

Can't you discuss a subject without picking fights?