Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meadow?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Isn't that what the "report post" pyramid thing below the poster's avatar is supposed to do? I've never reported a post myself, but I could imagine where it could be used to trigger some kind of executive review process and then, it it's deemed a personal attack, it goes away.
    I just reported your post to see if it is reviewed.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Isn't that what the "report post" pyramid thing below the poster's avatar is supposed to do? I've never reported a post myself, but I could imagine where it could be used to trigger some kind of executive review process and then, it it's deemed a personal attack, it goes away.
    That us exactly how it works and we could go that route. Of course then you will be called a pussy for not dealing with it yourself.

I've thought a little more about this. It's a pretty interesting topic. I think the "delete the post" option is the conventional method of dealing with Snake's post. There are 20 other Packer sites that would do exactly that.

Maybe the question should be - do we really want to be just like 20 other Packer sites?

I think our dysfunction might be the only truly differentiating characteristic of PackerRats. Too much dysfunction is clearly a bad thing, and will drive away posters. The right amount of dysfunction provides some much needed comic relief on the slow news days.

As usual there is no answer that will please everyone, and Madtown will get skewered no matter what he decides.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I've thought a little more about this. It's a pretty interesting topic. I think the "delete the post" option is the conventional method of dealing with Snake's post. There are 20 other Packer sites that would do exactly that.

Maybe the question should be - do we really want to be just like 20 other Packer sites?

I think our dysfunction might be the only truly differentiating characteristic of PackerRats. Too much dysfunction is clearly a bad thing, and will drive away posters. The right amount of dysfunction provides some much needed comic relief on the slow news days.

As usual there is no answer that will please everyone, and Madtown will get skewered no matter what he decides.
    Pretty much true. But you would think that it can't be terribly hard to have a relatively consistent policy. Either you allow certain things or not. Or, you could just say, Madtown will decide crap depending on what he thinks so deal with it. People are all over the map, so I guess I agree that there is no good solution that will satisfy everyone. I'd be happy with the rules as stated but with an addendum: "repetitive personal attacks (flame wars) will result in ------- by the administrator" - and as I've said before, the bar can be pretty high, that is, you probably don't have to do anything unless people really start complaining. It's a tough road to walk, because a number of people are really sensitive and may just leave without even telling you they've been offended.

OK, now I'm totally bored
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I suspect that "characters" includes train wrecks, and if you eliminate posts like snake's then you're preempting wrecks.

I want PBMax and Snake to be sent to the meadow together to learn about each other and work out their differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I want PBMax and Snake to be sent to the meadow together to learn about each other and work out their differences.

Why don't you just watch Nick at Night instead.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post

What the hell is that?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Same as it ever was. Very nice Zool.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Ahhh yes. Same as it ever was.

10/7/2010

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well here we all are in the garbage can thanks mostly to one poster (Woody).

will there be any repercussions for flaming out a thread?

There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by zool
    There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing.
    Remind me not to go over to Zool's for thanksgiving. My crazy uncle keeps his clothes on.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Remind me not to go over to Zool's for thanksgiving. My crazy uncle keeps his clothes on.
    repost to:

Originally Posted by zool

"There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing." zool

Read that post and is it ever easy to IGNORE you as the only time you appear is when Scott summons assistance. Yet an observation. Anyone ever inform you this is a football forum zool?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-03-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    repost to:

Originally Posted by zool

"There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing." zool

Read that post and is it ever easy to IGNORE you as the only time you appear is when Scott summons assistance. Yet an observation. Anyone ever inform you this is a football forum zool?
    They sure did. You'll never change so I've given up on trying. Either you're the perfect troll or you're insane. Either one I'm over it. The masses grow tired of your schtick. It's only a matter of time now.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Don't you have anything constructive to offer? Like a story about a naked uncle dipping his weasel into your potatoes?

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    If you have me on ignore, but another poster quotes one of my posts, then you will see it.

Zool was your post to me 'football related' ever?

The truthful response would be:

NO....and doesn't this fella 'in fact' resemble you zool? The TROLL personified.

Minus the ' small mustach ' of course'.

Now if your 'in denial' go back in time and read what you post me. THANKS....appreciate it !

I'll go further to assist you zool:

Flaming (Internet):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming...net)#Flamebait

Trolling (Internet):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

zool...Acting in self defense is hardly flaming moreso trolling. Trolls and flamers begin the problem that not all other posters in a foum may run from. Abusive posters like you and your kind are cowards that hide behind your ignorance...and should never spill your propoganda and have it taken as a serious attempt for a improved atmosphere.

MAYBE THOSE LESSONS FOR YOU WERE TAXING!?

So in keeping with "the Maritimer in me' ...have a few laughs 'Ohh ....do you like Chinese?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNapT...eature=related
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-03-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    zool...Acting in self defense is hardly flaming moreso trolling. Trolls and flamers begin the problem that not all other posters in a foum may run from. Abusive posters like you and your kind are cowards that hide behind your ignorance...and should never spill your propoganda and have it taken as a serious attempt for a improved atmosphere.
    Good thing you don't judge people. Otherwise that post would be kind of awkward.