Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Meadow?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Same as it ever was. Very nice Zool.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

All I know is that I am the Ruler of the Meadow (see, it's even in my signature) and you all are crapping all over my beautiful kingdom. This was a place where buxom women brought you beers in steins and meat was eaten off the bone. Now, it's just a bunch of whining. Begone foul miscreants!

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Are you Scott Campbell?

It would take a wingnut to pull it off.......
    THIS!!!

I think howard is on to something. just like Partial was really mazzin who was really Tank. SC is really Woody! its starting to make sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm somewhat dubious that Skinbasket could exercise the control necessary to run Packerrats.
    I laughed so hard I almost peed on my kid. Almost. The idea that's there's been any measure of control, much less a practiced "exercise" of control, here for the past 3 years is an idiot savant's drug induced fantasy. Madtown's either been banning, insulting, and threatening posters or going on a two year bender while the place grew mold, atrophied, and collapsed on itself. LOL. Exercise the control.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey View Post
    THIS!!!

I think howard is on to something. just like Partial was really mazzin who was really Tank. SC is really Woody! its starting to make sense now.

You guys got me. I am woodbuck27.

Scott campbell insults my entire family tree.
    well, you have to admit, there are have been some curious twists and turns.

Here is the family tree whence I emerged:

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Let's do the fine tooth items first, then the broader point.

1. Its an insult designed to troll the target, as Finley has been a bone of contention between several posters and Brandon, with both sides making a personal issue of it.
    2. Its the worst kind of rumor, uninteresting and recycled. As boring as the one about the local weatherman was recently in the hospital to have an emergency gerbil-ectomy. Or that the local college coach has a piece on the side. Or that Rod Stewart collapsed during a concert ... well, you get the idea.
    3. Its an insinuation about murder.
    4. Its not funny or enlightening. And its doesn't address the thread at all.
    So basically you want to zero in on a rather innocuous post for the larger problem it represents and delete it. And that's going to solve the bigger problem between brandon and those who disagree with him?

I understand the notion that some people are leaving because other people are acting like asshats. But if someone's going to get upset because another poster claims a football player has a STD and might be banging women other than his wife, then maybe that person isn't really cut out for this whole internet forum thing.

I think you're overreacting about the insinuation of murder, especially given the bar that Tarlam set. Brandon isn't murdering anyone. Shit, the guy can't even get far enough out of the suburbs to find anyone his own color. So Snake making some quip that not even brandon understood about threatening rats didn't really strike me as dangerous, even on the very small chance snake was sober.

As far as the humor aspect, I think it's a bad idea to police what is and isn't funny. Madtown and retail already tried that and killed the RR. You're a great active, insightful poster, but I don't think that should mean you get to demand a humorless, entirely dispassionate discussion of football. Especially a discussion which you willingly choose to engage in with the assistance of a seemingly much ignored IGNORE feature.

Speaking of which, I remember the great outcry for the Ignore feature. It was going to save the forum, cure cancer, and bring the 99% and the 1% together. It's strange how much some posters are still bothered by other posters who they have the ability to completely delete from their own experience. You want the post deleted? Ignore the poster. Problem solved.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    All I know is that I am the Ruler of the Meadow (see, it's even in my signature) and you all are crapping all over my beautiful kingdom. This was a place where buxom women brought you beers in steins and meat was eaten off the bone. Now, it's just a bunch of whining. Begone foul miscreants!
    Pony up with the beer, meat and women, or STFU.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Pony up with the beer, meat and women, or STFU.
    I shan't share the bounties of my kingdom with the likes of you. You scallywag!

Good day sir.

Ahhh yes. Same as it ever was.

10/7/2010

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    well here we all are in the garbage can thanks mostly to one poster (Woody).

will there be any repercussions for flaming out a thread?

There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I shan't share the bounties of my kingdom with the likes of you. You scallywag!

Good day sir.
    Start boiling your oil, foul rapscallion. The battering rams are on their way!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by zool
    There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing.
    Remind me not to go over to Zool's for thanksgiving. My crazy uncle keeps his clothes on.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Don't you have anything constructive to offer? Like a story about a naked uncle dipping his weasel into your potatoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    The meadow is marriage therapy?? I preferred it when it was about funny lyrics.
    Let's take it one step at a time...and by the way a little piped in music may help to reduce stress... 'set a mood'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Remind me not to go over to Zool's for thanksgiving. My crazy uncle keeps his clothes on.
    repost to:

Originally Posted by zool

"There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing." zool

Read that post and is it ever easy to IGNORE you as the only time you appear is when Scott summons assistance. Yet an observation. Anyone ever inform you this is a football forum zool?
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-03-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    1. Brandon isn't murdering anyone. Shit, the guy can't even get far enough out of the suburbs to find anyone his own color.

2. As far as the humor aspect, I think it's a bad idea to police what is and isn't funny. Madtown and retail already tried that and killed the RR. You're a great active, insightful poster, but I don't think that should mean you get to demand a humorless, entirely dispassionate discussion of football. Especially a discussion which you willingly choose to engage in with the assistance of a seemingly much ignored IGNORE feature.

3. Speaking of which, I remember the great outcry for the Ignore feature. It was going to save the forum, cure cancer, and bring the 99% and the 1% together. It's strange how much some posters are still bothered by other posters who they have the ability to completely delete from their own experience. You want the post deleted? Ignore the poster. Problem solved.
    1. Haha! Now that is a nugget. Points for Whitey on that one.

2. You are right. The RR should not have to be policed. But that also means posters needs to have some common sense. What good is the GC is there are no boundaries in the RR? It also would make sense the Packers area stay mostly on topic with football. But I agree that colorful comments like the ones that have provided are not the issue. What appears to be bad intended post like Snakes need to be simmered. People fucking up threads need to be addressed. Didnt I jam up Woody about his link infestation?

3. Does the ignore feature work when others reply to someone you ignored? I dont know. I will check. But when someone you ignore is bringing the issue up with other posters I imagine you can read it in their replies.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    If you have me on ignore, but another poster quotes one of my posts, then you will see it.

repost to:

Originally Posted by zool

"There never is dude. I've been saying this crap about Wood for 4+ years. Everyone laughs him off like the crazy old uncle with his dick in the mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe this will finally get someone up in his grill about his shit talking and soap boxing." zool

Read that post and is it ever easy to IGNORE you as the only time you appear is when Scott summons assistance. Yet an observation. Anyone ever inform you this is a football forum zool?
    They sure did. You'll never change so I've given up on trying. Either you're the perfect troll or you're insane. Either one I'm over it. The masses grow tired of your schtick. It's only a matter of time now.

Zool was your post to me 'football related' ever?

The truthful response would be:

NO....and doesn't this fella 'in fact' resemble you zool? The TROLL personified.

Minus the ' small mustach ' of course'.

Now if your 'in denial' go back in time and read what you post me. THANKS....appreciate it !

I'll go further to assist you zool:

Flaming (Internet):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming...net)#Flamebait

Trolling (Internet):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

zool...Acting in self defense is hardly flaming moreso trolling. Trolls and flamers begin the problem that not all other posters in a foum may run from. Abusive posters like you and your kind are cowards that hide behind your ignorance...and should never spill your propoganda and have it taken as a serious attempt for a improved atmosphere.

MAYBE THOSE LESSONS FOR YOU WERE TAXING!?

So in keeping with "the Maritimer in me' ...have a few laughs 'Ohh ....do you like Chinese?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNapT...eature=related
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-03-2012 at 11:43 AM.