Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
I'm a fan, sitting on the couch behind my computer, so take this for what it's worth. . . . .

I do think Capers does his DL a disservice by not giving them more opportunities to shoot up field. Raji has said it, those other DT's with the sacks, they don't have nearly the responsibility the Packers DL have. The 2-4 defense is a very small defense. 4-2 defenses have two DTs and two legitimate DEs. The Packers put a lot of pressure on those two inside guys to limit the wide openings in the pocket.

I still think you can let them go up field more often, especially if you have a guy like Raji who can really wreak havoc when he's let loose. Worthy too. He can shoot a gap. Hey, if your DL are better at getting pressure than your idiot inside LB's, why not have one of the inside guys play more of a spy/pocket contain role instead of blitzing. Sure, you're taking him out of coverage, just like you would on a blitz, but let Raji pin his ears back. I like Raji's chances of splitting the G/C gap better than I do Hawks chances of doing anything on one of those inside bltizes.
Problem is that those charging pass rushers/lineman leave gaps and you need LBs and safeties who can fill those gaps when you get a run, draw or shovel pass. I am not sure those players are on the Packers roster.

One thing that is odd about the Packer D is that if you two gap the D line you usually go smaller, speedier and deadlier elsewhere. But the Packers speed in the middle of the field is pretty average (except maybe Burnett) and their tackling is horrible. Sometimes it seems like a bad fit.

In other words, I still don't think this is all Cullen Jenkins fault