Thread: McGinn- Packers DL Failing to Step Up

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, there's the worst case scenario. Nobody pans out.

McGinn's thesis statement to that article was that nobody looks remotely close the the 2nd coming of Cullen Jenkins. In that few hundred word article, he did mix in an 11 or 12 word sentence saying there is no telling how the players might pan out, but it read more like a "yeah, and pigs could fly" line than anything else.

McGinn brings some good stuff to the table. He seems to always want to drive a point home, but sometimes it's far too early to draw any conclusions.

I do think there is a lot of evidence that the Packers defense is going to be a work in progress. They are relying on a lot of young guys, but it's not like they're relying on any one guy. They have about 10 young guys between the DL, secondary and Perry, any of which have a chance to be good players. Last I checked, Thompson has a high success rate at finding players.

It woudln't be a very interesting article if all he said was, "we'll have to see how the season goes." He took what's happened to date, projected it out as if it wasn't going to change, phrased it in a very interesting and convincing style and now we'll all discuss it for the next couple weeks. That's his bag, baby. He's interesting and willing to take a stance.

We'll see how it goes. Every year the sky is falling about something. More often than not, the Packers don't win the super bowl, so at the end of the year, the sky did fall for one reason or another.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Packers pass rush is improved, as well as the secondary. I think it will show up more and more as the season goes on. For these first few weeks, I'm with McGinn. The young defense has to grow together, but they have talent and good coaching. Whether they're world beaters or not, I do think they'll grow as a unit and be better at the end of the year this year than they were last year.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 08-22-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.