Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I think i might stay here...

yeah agreed...i don't go after brett...i love the man...i mean i was a sophomore in high school when we won the superbowl so he's my hero...BUT, i do see some positives for the team to move on now...but i definately won't complain if he comes back.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Even if not completely true, we like debating them anyways.
    and that was all i went for with posting this...just some good conversation, debate over it...not all of us have brains power on i guess.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Blog Entries

Re: I think i might stay here...

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Ever
    Quote Originally Posted by ND72
    so yesterday, i posted on the jsonline message board a little "talk" i got from my buddy that works with a scout in green bay. i said from the start, don't take it as the gospel, don't even have to believe it. it was just a little draft talk i wanted to share. AND WOW...so i might hang out here, and get blasted by more people i know a little better through posting's. if anyone though wants to know the little chat i had with my buddy i'll be more than happy to share it with you if you didn't see it on the jsonline message board.
    I read your post yesterday, ND, and I found it very interesting but like someone said, some of the responders were a little rough. I started reading the message board at jsonline back in November, never did join up, I'd just decide to do it and then all hell would break loose over there. (especially with Da Bears) Visited C-E a few times, tried [/u]4 times to register and after I'd finish, I'd get a message saying my user name or password were invalid, please try again. But that's ok, then I found this board and it is neat !! Feel more at home here.

So ND, haven't seen much, if any, blasting over here, and the only time I get really upset is when someone starts going after Brett !! Thanks for the swell board, guys, nice to meet you all![/u]
    Nice to meet you too Pack4ever and welcome.

Truth be told, one of the founders of this board named Madtownpackerbacker, use to be a bit of a madaholic at times in a fomrmer board but after going through anger management courses with the of the chick babes in here, acupuncture, aromatherapy, and shock treatment he has turned into a nice guy and is often seen running across fields yelling "Serenity Now Serenity Now" .

And now we thrive in peace.

Cheers,
    B

Senior Rat All-Pro

Re: I think i might stay here...

Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Ever
    so yesterday, i posted on the jsonline message board a little "talk" i got from my buddy that works with a scout in green bay. i said from the start, don't take it as the gospel, don't even have to believe it. it was just a little draft talk i wanted to share. AND WOW...so i might hang out here, and get blasted by more people i know a little better through posting's. if anyone though wants to know the little chat i had with my buddy i'll be more than happy to share it with you if you didn't see it on the jsonline message board.
    I read your post yesterday, ND, and I found it very interesting but like someone said, some of the responders were a little rough. I started reading the message board at jsonline back in November, never did join up, I'd just decide to do it and then all hell would break loose over there. (especially with Da Bears) Visited C-E a few times, tried [/u]4 times to register and after I'd finish, I'd get a message saying my user name or password were invalid, please try again. But that's ok, then I found this board and it is neat !! Feel more at home here.

So ND, haven't seen much, if any, blasting over here, and the only time I get really upset is when someone starts going after Brett !! Thanks for the swell board, guys, nice to meet you all![/u]
    A little bit OT but can I just say one more thing?
    Curious to see what the rest of you think. It seems like TT has been getting nailed for months now - actually I think it really escalated after regular season was over and Sherman got fired. But anyway, there's been volumes written about him for 3 1/2 months now, most of it very negative. But lately I've noticed the tide seems to be turning, more commentary on giving the guy a chance, only been here a year, he knows what he's doing with FA, and on and on - with fewer negative comments at the same time.
    Have you noticed ???

absolutely. I've said since Sherman's firing, #1, i wasn't happy cause i think sherman could have turned things around, BUT, that isn't my choice, so i live with it. #2, How does anyone know that his plan isn't, or won't work? I personally like what he's done via FA. I would like him to maybe get a statement player like a LaVarr, but if he doesn't, well, go get someone else who could potentially be very good.

quick questions...why cna' ti get a picture to work, the avatar or whatever? i seriously cant' get any picture to work for me.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    What else do we have to do?

Blog Entries
    absolutely. I've said since Sherman's firing, #1, i wasn't happy cause i think sherman could have turned things around, BUT, that isn't my choice, so i live with it. #2, How does anyone know that his plan isn't, or won't work? I personally like what he's done via FA. I would like him to maybe get a statement player like a LaVarr, but if he doesn't, well, go get someone else who could potentially be very good.

quick questions...why cna' ti get a picture to work, the avatar or whatever? i seriously cant' get any picture to work for me.
    I'm a PC dummy, but if you want to email me the url, I'll get it to the pc expert who can help ya out. Or maybe somebody here can help. I think Nutz knows how to do the avatar.

really ticks a guy off when he knows the computer stuff and yet the computer says NO SOUP FOR YOU.

I like reading the rumors. It's fun to see if any of it really pans out. I've always thought JSO has an unusually large amount of very negative posters.

BTW, welcome ND and Packer4ever!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Find the picture you want for your avator, save it, then crop it down to 100 pixels by 100 pixels and then come back to your profile, and hit browse it will take you to your saved pictures on your pc and then click on your avator picture, it should upload.

If that doesn't work, ask Harlan.

I am pretty suprised at everyone's demeanor on the forum. Very few people are ragging on one another. People are being a little bit respectful.

well i did all of that, now the picture won't show up....so i'll try again tomorrow...I LOVE TECHNOLOGY....

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar
    well i did all of that, now the picture won't show up....so i'll try again tomorrow...I LOVE TECHNOLOGY....
    ND -

I ran into the exact same problem...neither the avatar I've used since I started posting nor the new avatar I was using (that worked before the shakeup...whatever you call it when the site was down) is showing up. I just chalked it up to God being pissed at me and got too busy to inquire to the forum powers that be.

Let Harlan know what you want and he will hook you up. He's kind of the official avatar guy here.

I like reading the inside gossip, too !!

I do lurk at JSO once in a while and I cannot believe how negative and juvenille that site has become. Makes me appreciate this site even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz

I am pretty suprised at everyone's demeanor on the forum. Very few people are ragging on one another. People are being a little bit respectful.
    well, I think you talk funny.

ND: you were treated badly. Its not hard to see why all the nicer folks are hanging out over here. JSonline used to be a cool place to find out info, but not anymore. You even told them, take or leave it and that it all could change, geez.

Hey guys...thanks for the vote of confidence here. I agree with the one post on here earlier, non of us know what is going on, and i'm sure right now, neither does any one sitting in Lambeau. In NFL hours, it is seriously just too far away to honestly know what anyone is doing. espeically with people still working people out, the Jets could still make that trade up to #2, and so on. Here's my question that i asked on that page and no body responded to. I hear the Texans bringing in guys, i hear the Titans bringing in guys...where are the packers? are they bringing in any of hte rookies into Lambeau?
    ND- I agree with the posters here. We are civil here, unlike JSO forums, They can be nasty. I don't post that much in here but I read alot in here and have to say people in here treat others with respect. That is cool that you have some inside information. I have read that TT was at several QB tryouts especially Vince Young's and told the media that his arm in comparables(sp) to Favre's. Look for TT to get Avar or Charles here.

ND & Cyclone - what happened when you tried to upload your avatar? Get any error message?

The max size is 80pixels wide by 90 pixels high, 20kb max size. The board will not allow you to upload anything larger. If you're still having trouble, drop by this thread http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=130
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I'm also a bit confused by the statement on Vernon Davis, i.e. #3 value at pick 5, but not the top rated TE.

The only thing I can figure is that they see another player as a better TE, but Davis has more overall value because he can play WR. Nothing else really computes.

However, I don't think this will become an issue. If Mario and AJ are gone at #5, that means Leinhart or Brick are left on the board. Then they'd be able to trade out of the spot easily.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

yeah i sent my picture to Harlan and the one he sent back didn't work either. i'll probably contact him again next week or just figure something out myself..i donno

and yeah, agreed about if Mario and AJ are gone, we trade cause at least 1, probably 2 "big boys" are still there.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Welcome Packer4ever! Great to have you as part of the rat family.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton