Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Duds and Studs, Bears Edition

Duds and Studs, Bears Edition

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...cks/715610001/

On Thursday night he had a gross average of 47.6 yards, including a career long 62-yarder, and a net average of 46.2, which means he’s getting enough hang time on his long kicks to give his teammates a chance to cover. The Bears have an exciting young returner in rookie Tarik Cohen, but he averaged only 3.5 yards on his two returns.
    Studs
    Rodgers
    Vogel
    Lane Taylor
    Jahri Evans
    McCarthy's passing concepts, bunches, picks, crosses its like he wants to beat man coverage this year

Duds
    Randall (started out OK, then blew another coverage)
    Safeties (tackling)
    Bennett
    D line pass rush (except for Clark)
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    On offense, I've got to say COBB and NELSON were studs and maybe (Taybor Pepper for not screwing up). Defensive studs have to include MARTINEZ and maybe MATTHEWS.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I'll give a shout out to Brooks, he was really good vs the run from what I remember.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Zebras were duds.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...cks/715610001/

Studs
    Rodgers
    Vogel
    Lane Taylor
    Jahri Evans
    McCarthy's passing concepts, bunches, picks, crosses its like he wants to beat man coverage this year

Duds
    Randall (started out OK, then blew another coverage)
    Safeties (tackling)
    Bennett
    D line pass rush (except for Clark)
    Why was 2011 so successful and each year since seems like a struggle to get the ball downfield?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Why was 2011 so successful and each year since seems like a struggle to get the ball downfield?
    Three reasons: Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley (in addition to Jordy Nelson).
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Three reasons: Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley (in addition to Jordy Nelson).
    Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Marty B (in addition to Geronimo! Allison).

My gut says it was schematic concepts too, but I don't know enough to point it out. I remember the offense scoring so quickly and easily the defense was on the field a lot and often gassed. Did defenses catch up?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Duds - Stomach flu

I made it to about 9:45 feeling like shit. Then was puking my guts out. Listened to the game for a while curled up around the toilet. I made it until Adams was blown up listening on the floor. Couldn't make it any longer and went to bed.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Studs: Aaron Rodgers (many take him for granted hahahaha), Randall Cobb, Ty Montgomery, Aaron Jones, the left side of the O Line, Jordy Nelson (after the two early drops), Matthews (best he's been this year although not up to his prime years), Blake Martinez, Haha Clinton-Dix (not just the interception), Josh Hawkins, Joe Thomas

Duds: Jamal Williams, Kevin King (not horrible but maybe a step backward), Ricky Jean Francois (I think he was the one getting run right over consistently on the last TD drive), Damarious Randall (if the story is like people are saying)

One additional Dud: the doom and gloom people in here and elsewhere who actually thought the Packers would lose to the Bears or let it be a close game.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 09-29-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, Marty B (in addition to Geronimo! Allison).

My gut says it was schematic concepts too, but I don't know enough to point it out. I remember the offense scoring so quickly and easily the defense was on the field a lot and often gassed. Did defenses catch up?
    I don't know much about schemes either. I do think that Packer fans tend to undervalue Jennings. We've got no one like him now, even Jordy. I compare him to Antonio Brown. And I'd take Finley in a heartbeat over Marty. Ditto Driver over Allison. Cobb I'll give you.

Stud - James Campen. Had 4 Guards out there and made it work.

Lane Taylor - Didn't hear his name much. That's what you want.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Duds - Stomach flu

I made it to about 9:45 feeling like shit. Then was puking my guts out. Listened to the game for a while curled up around the toilet. I made it until Adams was blown up listening on the floor. Couldn't make it any longer and went to bed.
    You know your duty for next Sunday then right?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Duds - Stomach flu

on the plus side, you should lose a lot of weight

i once lost 17 pounds overnight because of the stomach flu

I was at game, so maybe missed some things, but Josh Hawkins broke up three passes. Looks like a better cover guy than Randall and Rollins.

King, Hawkins and House seem alright to me.
    Brice, Burnett and dix are really good.

By seasons end, hopefully with a health bounce or two going our way, our secondary might be alright.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Good bye Randall you are terrible and a quitter. Jones Nice damn running, actually looked like an NFL RB.

Tony Romo, guy is awesome to listen too.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I don't know much about schemes either. I do think that Packer fans tend to undervalue Jennings. We've got no one like him now, even Jordy. I compare him to Antonio Brown. And I'd take Finley in a heartbeat over Marty. Ditto Driver over Allison. Cobb I'll give you.
    I agree with you here. For the space of what, about three years, I believe he was one of the very best receivers in the entire NFL. He was smooth as glass running routes - he could get more open than a New York hooker. And he had the hands, plus the moves to get lots of YAC. Loved him. But he didn't last for a long time.

The other Packer wide receiver that I don't think really got his due was Robert Brooks. He could run over the middle, make tough catches, get open, score touchdowns. I think he got hurt just as he was coming into his prime, and was never the same. But for a brief period, he was incredible. Far better than Antonio Freeman, in my estimation.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jennings was a really special player and that and the pass blocking made 2011 what it was.

Is it just me or are our ilb the best we have had since 2009?

After two bad offenses, one average one and one great one, packers have the 8th ranked defense on yards per game right now.

Considering competion and injury and then looking into the future...... honestly, I think they could be legit top 10! Now, if we can just get a little healthy at our OT position, we have a shot to be a top tier offense and top 10 defense.

After 4 games, I could see SB still. I'm feeling like we're in that tier.