Thread: Smokin' Jay Cutler

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't know what to make of Cutler coming back. He had his broadcasting job with Fox, certainly appeared to be set to move on. Now he signs for low end ($10M) starter money. Did the Bears not want him at all or did he not want to play there/want to play somewhere warmer? I think it must be the later, because on the surface for the money the Bears are paying Glennon they could've held onto Cutler for another year.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I don't know what to make of Cutler coming back. He had his broadcasting job with Fox, certainly appeared to be set to move on. Now he signs for low end ($10M) starter money. Did the Bears not want him at all or did he not want to play there/want to play somewhere warmer? I think it must be the later, because on the surface for the money the Bears are paying Glennon they could've held onto Cutler for another year.
    The Bears were tired seeing Cutler throw passes to the Packers. There was no way they were going to hand him league minimum, let alone minimum starting QB money. They were also set on drafting their latest 'Franchise QB', and would you want Cutler to be the guy mentoring him?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The Bears were tired seeing Cutler throw passes to the Packers. There was no way they were going to hand him league minimum, let alone minimum starting QB money. They were also set on drafting their latest 'Franchise QB', and would you want Cutler to be the guy mentoring him?
    Cutler was a $16M cap savings for Chicago as well. No way to bring him back to Chicago anyways.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!