Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    The idea being that when you stop cooking the books with federal tax revenue and government purchases of bonds, the stock market is primed for another H-U-G-E correction. All this printed money via "quantitative easing" has been flowing into the market, creating a false economic indicator the administration can point to to tell everyone that their policies are working despite an undead economy, stagnant unemployment which is much higher than reported if approach the number honestly, and growth that would embarrass a third world garbage dump.

Our economy is being manipulated the same way others have been in recent history, and it doesn't end well. I would think you're safe investing while this administration is around to provide enough smoke and mirrors to hide the Great Wall of China, but not any longer. The can hasn't been kicked down the road, it's been kicked off the end of the earth, and at some point, we will have to answer for it. When we do, there's going to be a lot of Americans that just lost literally everything to the shell game being played by our government and others with the market.

In other words, while I'm not alarmist enough to call the money man and tell him to move our investments 100% into foreign currency, preferably Muslim, I sure as shit wouldn't be dumping additional money into this market, unless you're prepped to lose 50% or more in a heartbeat. but then again, I'm no investor.
    I figured you for more of a canned goods and ammo type investor.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I figured you for more of a canned goods and ammo type investor.
    I got my thumbs in all kinds of pies. And honestly, the market is the one I feel worst about, because everyone knows it can't last. Everyone knows it's artificially inflated. But outside of stocks, which are also being pushed by government policies of low interest rates, there aren't a lot of options for 401k and some other money we have, some of which is tied up by tax implications - again by government regulation. So like the rest of the sheep, I still leave a chunk there, knowing damn well I'm going to regret it when the market corrects and loses 30-50% of it's fake value. I guess I'm kind of stupid that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I got my thumbs in all kinds of pies. And honestly, the market is the one I feel worst about, because everyone knows it can't last. Everyone knows it's artificially inflated. But outside of stocks, which are also being pushed by government policies of low interest rates, there aren't a lot of options for 401k and some other money we have, some of which is tied up by tax implications - again by government regulation. So like the rest of the sheep, I still leave a chunk there, knowing damn well I'm going to regret it when the market corrects and loses 30-50% of it's fake value. I guess I'm kind of stupid that way.
    Canada is ready for a big real estate correction, much like yours in 2008-2009 (maybe not quite so bad) which is why we sold all non argicultural real estate in April. We put it short term in the bond market, whoops, in the first 2 weeks we were up 2%, then lost 2.5% in the next 15 days. From a global perspective USA has some of the best investment stability right now, which does not say alot.