Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    I sold my RDN for a profit of around 20%
    I am concerned that with the Fed not investing in Mortgage Bonds the Housing Market is going to be in pain again soon. Nothing wrong with taking a profit and trying to find another gem. I also sold off my Bank of America (I hate the company but I bottomfeeded on this one when I bought) and EMC for a profit, and my BRCM for a loss. I wanted to have some available cash for the next month when I think some opportunities will come up to buy good companies at somewhat discounted prices on days the market tanks.

I've invested some money in ECOM; this one might be a Partial Special. It IPO'd this year and first earnings report really impressed me. It's highly speculative; a Bretsky specialty.....high risk...high reward.....who knows. I put money in about half my position.....plan on buying more by end of year

I am confident I want to invest in the following stocks over the next few months. Yahoo....new management is turning this company around, Facebook.....I am pissed at myself for not jumping in when I told me dad I was going to in mid 20's, EBAY (I think this one is fairly valued but I think they will spin off Pay Pal down the road and that IMO may be the future of billing, WWAV (food company who just had nice earnings and is in stage one of growth), and maybe MU (Micron Technologies)

I am intrigued by and still reading about ZNGA as a turnaround play now that they hired the Micrsoft Exec and he's cleaning some house and restructuring, but this one has been a dog.

KEEP IN MIND: this is kind of my play money and my investing style often leads to stocks that are home runs or strikeouts. I've got kids to put through college so my dream is these investments.....which function as my play money......I find one or two home runs. I am heavily vested in IRA's and 401K's so what I get out of my small stocks are a bonus.
    At this point those are the birds I want to own by end of 2013 along with LULU, UA...UNDER ARMOUR , and AMAT...APPLIED MATERIALS...AND ECOM 9ChannelAdvisor.com).....whiich I will probably buy more soon).

I do think there are some great values out there, such as CSCO and even AAPL. But I'm not looking for a CSCO that will get you 20%. And while I'm confident AAPL will get you twenty percent over the next year.......this little portfolio is my lottery and I think it may take a while to double.

ANY IDEAS...............WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM !!!!!!
    Last edited by Bretsky; 08-17-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?