Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
A bit off topic, but the Dow dropped over 2% today supposedly due to investors worried about the Fed's plan to wind down their stimulus program. If the Fed feels the economy has strengthened enough that they can wind down the stimulus program, shouldn't that be greeted as good news?
The idea being that when you stop cooking the books with federal tax revenue and government purchases of bonds, the stock market is primed for another H-U-G-E correction. All this printed money via "quantitative easing" has been flowing into the market, creating a false economic indicator the administration can point to to tell everyone that their policies are working despite an undead economy, stagnant unemployment which is much higher than reported if approach the number honestly, and growth that would embarrass a third world garbage dump.

Our economy is being manipulated the same way others have been in recent history, and it doesn't end well. I would think you're safe investing while this administration is around to provide enough smoke and mirrors to hide the Great Wall of China, but not any longer. The can hasn't been kicked down the road, it's been kicked off the end of the earth, and at some point, we will have to answer for it. When we do, there's going to be a lot of Americans that just lost literally everything to the shell game being played by our government and others with the market.

In other words, while I'm not alarmist enough to call the money man and tell him to move our investments 100% into foreign currency, preferably Muslim, I sure as shit wouldn't be dumping additional money into this market, unless you're prepped to lose 50% or more in a heartbeat. but then again, I'm no investor.