Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Blog Entries
    good week to own Sqaure and Nvidia

Not sure I'd buy Nvidia here but wow great stock
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

My current holdings that I'm excited about are:

NVDA - I bought in in like 2021 at a high price and got corrected on it, but now it exploded so I am up 1200% or something like that. I sold 30K of it the other day to lighten my holdings and take out my principle and then some. Gonna let the rest ride for a year then sell. I don't think they're a 10T business but maybe 4T.
    PYPL - Undervalued, will eventually correct and return 2-3x
    SQ - I get it from work and think it's undervalued, although the company is very poorly run. Getting better with Jack back in the big chair though. A lot of folks think a 120 price target in 2025 is doable. IDK about that but if that happens I will be a very happy person since my grant price is 66$ a share and I have held a good amount of it so far.
    HOOD - Bought at 12.20, think it's going to hit ~20 this year maybe
    SOFI - Could 4x in the next two years. Very undervalued relative to peers.
    ETH - My stock guy on Twitter tells me ETH could 5x over the next year or two, ETFs are about to get approved
    BTC - Same as above although lesser, ETFs just got approved and the race to replace gold is on
    CLSK - The best of the bitcoit miners, should get outsized return relative to BTC
    AMZN - Perpetually undervalued
    AAPL - I made so much money on this over the years I simply can't sell it all, although I do believe they don't have a clear growth story right now. Likely will drop a bit.
    PLTR - I dunno that theyre gonna grow much right now but I hold because they're a good American defense company so I support that.

Overall right now I am swinging for the fences right now. I think there is a lot of good businesses out there that are still very undervalued.

I first bought NVDA in 2016 and have owned it continuously since then, selling and buying at various times, but always owning some. I have been very fortunate to have played their swings very well, selling near highs and buying back near subsequent lows numerous times, doubling the growth of the dollars invested in the swings. I have been playing with "house money" since 2019. For an old, retired couple NVDA is an uncomfortably high % of our portfolio right now, so will have to sell some....but not yet!

My biggest regret with NVDA is having sold a fair amount of it in late 2021 and early 2022, but not buying back in during the current run. I missed the start of the run, and it got away from me.
    Last edited by Patler; 03-01-2024 at 11:39 AM.

I would think they're gonna continue to grow like crazy for a year or two since they have such a moat, but long term the chips will become a commodity. SOMEONE will crack CUDA. It _has_ to happen.

Blog Entries
    I WOULD LOVE to get some analysis/viewpoints of my stock holdings so I'm going to post all I own.

For a BIG of background, I had an old ROTH IRA with roughly 45G in in with Edward Jones. It was going good, but not great. I went through stages of trying to dip into some VERY high risk stocks, was got burned and that is partly why my returns haven't been great. But I also combined them with several stocks that have did very well. I did this about 2 years ago and currently the holdings are only valued at about 68G. I am wanting high growth; if I'd lose every penny in this I would still be OK. so keep in mind, diversification isn't my real focus here. Anway's here I gol
    With most of these stocks I invested about an average of 2,000 with the exception of AMD where I invested 4G and CrowdStrike with 3500.Those both paid off. Here are the list

THE LIST is in order of the most current market value, to the least

AMD
    NVDA
    CRWD (THE SCARY PART IS, I timed all of these pretty well and the three together are nearly 50% of the total balance of the ROTH IRA, but I still love all three stocks)

PANW (Palo Alto Networks)
    MSFT
    AMZN
    DFKN (DraftKings)
    GOOG
    QCOM
    FORD
    DDOG (Datadog)
    AAPL
    PYPL

SO ROAST ME and/or GIVE ME SOME STRONG VIEWS on possible additions/subtractions at today's prices...etc
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I ALSO have a NON Roth account. 5 stucks; I call them my fun money. I killed it with Square and SericeNow and probably; hoping to do the same with the rest

SQ (Square)
    NOW (ServiceNow)
    MRVL (Marvell Technologies)
    PLTR (Palantir)
    SOFI ......................I think I have the least confidence in this one after some recent news......etc............

Blog Entries
    STOCKS ON MY WATCHLIST that I WOULD CONSIDER

TSM (Taiwan Semiconductor)
    SOUN (really curious what others think of this one/Partial, surprises you are not all over this one already)
    PATH
    UBER
    MSTR (Microstrategy)
    SMCI (SUperMicroComputer)
    CLSK (Partial, think this is a buy "NOW" ?

WOULD LOVE VIEWS ON THESE EITHER WAY TOO

I bought some advanced auto parts which is sooo not me but another stock guy have done a good anaylsis on it.

https://twitter.com/derekquick1/stat...85791435976874
    https://twitter.com/derekquick1/stat...24497158865120

Micro-strategy is in a short squeeze so you're playing with a bunch of redditors. I don't know how to play that one. CLSK is probably gonna go up a lot over the next two years but as with anything crypto I would expect a lot of uncertainty and peaks and valleys.

I don't really know much about a lot of those stocks. They aren't coverd by the guys I follow. The guys I follow are:

https://twitter.com/Micro2Macr0
    https://twitter.com/DataDInvesting
    https://twitter.com/derekquick1
    https://twitter.com/Seawolfcap

I can say that I use Datadog the product all the time and love it and think there is nothing else even close to the quality and I expect it to be used more and more throughout the software world.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I bought some advanced auto parts which is sooo not me but another stock guy have done a good anaylsis on it.

https://twitter.com/derekquick1/stat...85791435976874
    https://twitter.com/derekquick1/stat...24497158865120

Micro-strategy is in a short squeeze so you're playing with a bunch of redditors. I don't know how to play that one. CLSK is probably gonna go up a lot over the next two years but as with anything crypto I would expect a lot of uncertainty and peaks and valleys.

I don't really know much about a lot of those stocks. They aren't coverd by the guys I follow. The guys I follow are:

https://twitter.com/Micro2Macr0
    https://twitter.com/DataDInvesting
    https://twitter.com/derekquick1
    https://twitter.com/Seawolfcap

I can say that I use Datadog the product all the time and love it and think there is nothing else even close to the quality and I expect it to be used more and more throughout the software world.

You should do some research on SOUN; if you are looking for home runs that seems to be a very high upside one with a lot of risk. Tech stock, AI based and will ride the NVDA wave. Seems up your alley

Blog Entries
    WHAT ARE YOU GUYS PONDERING ?

ELF Beauty is intriguing to me

ASML and TSM are as well.

and MSTR, holy shit why aren't we part of that train ???

MSTR sounds fun and Michael Saylor is probably going to be the richest person on earth someday but I just don't like playing games with the Redditors trying to screw the hedge funds. It can end quickly and I don't personally monitor it that closely since I am in meetings all day every day.

https://twitter.com/derekquick1/stat...60295618347218

I sold 80K of AAPL today and bought 40K of PYPL and 40K of AAP. I have over 100K of each now. I hope they double in the next year.

Blog Entries
    I an questioning my PYPL purchase. It just seems like a water treador

They have a huge moat and they are gonna be the biggest legit stable coin. Tether is traash and not an American company.

I think PYPL will shoot up at some point. They will buy back the company if it doesn't.

Look at who is buying it right now. You wanna bet against these investors? I do not.
    https://twitter.com/derekquick1/stat...20811336667417

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I first bought NVDA in 2016 and have owned it continuously since then, selling and buying at various times, but always owning some. I have been very fortunate to have played their swings very well, selling near highs and buying back near subsequent lows numerous times, doubling the growth of the dollars invested in the swings. I have been playing with "house money" since 2019. For an old, retired couple NVDA is an uncomfortably high % of our portfolio right now, so will have to sell some....but not yet!

My biggest regret with NVDA is having sold a fair amount of it in late 2021 and early 2022, but not buying back in during the current run. I missed the start of the run, and it got away from me.
    If you are investing well you should always lament buying too soon and selling too soon. If you aren't doing that you are lucky or making mistakes.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I WOULD LOVE to get some analysis/viewpoints of my stock holdings so I'm going to post all I own.

For a BIG of background, I had an old ROTH IRA with roughly 45G in in with Edward Jones. It was going good, but not great. I went through stages of trying to dip into some VERY high risk stocks, was got burned and that is partly why my returns haven't been great. But I also combined them with several stocks that have did very well. I did this about 2 years ago and currently the holdings are only valued at about 68G. I am wanting high growth; if I'd lose every penny in this I would still be OK. so keep in mind, diversification isn't my real focus here. Anway's here I gol
    With most of these stocks I invested about an average of 2,000 with the exception of AMD where I invested 4G and CrowdStrike with 3500.Those both paid off. Here are the list

THE LIST is in order of the most current market value, to the least

AMD
    NVDA
    CRWD (THE SCARY PART IS, I timed all of these pretty well and the three together are nearly 50% of the total balance of the ROTH IRA, but I still love all three stocks)

PANW (Palo Alto Networks)
    MSFT
    AMZN
    DFKN (DraftKings)
    GOOG
    QCOM
    FORD
    DDOG (Datadog)
    AAPL
    PYPL

SO ROAST ME and/or GIVE ME SOME STRONG VIEWS on possible additions/subtractions at today's prices...etc
    Its a solid mix. You are probably too tech heavy for my taste, but depending on your age, thats ok. NVIDIA is probably a tad overpriced at this exact moment, but so what. Hold it for 5 more years and you will have an outsized return. AMZN has been crushing last 6-8 months as we all agreed/hoped, and I expect another 12 months at least. I'm out of AAPL for the time being. Don't know a lot about DDOG or PANW. I wouldn't be betting on FORD or any automaker personally except maybe Toyota. If you want a great ETF that just launched and uses a stellar method to evaluate companies try VFLO. They can do a lot of the rebalancing and grinding for you. Their backtested method averaged 17% for 30 years. They use a great ROC/PEG methodology coupled with mote to come up with their portfolio each year. Basically using the Greenblat and Lynch methods combined for a super metric. I am putting excess cash into it each month.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    They have a huge moat and they are gonna be the biggest legit stable coin. Tether is traash and not an American company.

I think PYPL will shoot up at some point. They will buy back the company if it doesn't.

Look at who is buying it right now. You wanna bet against these investors? I do not.
    https://twitter.com/derekquick1/stat...20811336667417
    Agreed. I was skeptical before on PYPL, but its getting traction finally. But the problem with a non dividend stock is it hurts to wait. Greenblat is probably the greatest investor in history. If he is buying maybe I'll initiate a position.

ADP is my current crush. A cross bet on AI (or really advancing technology) and a recovering economy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Its a solid mix. You are probably too tech heavy for my taste, but depending on your age, thats ok. NVIDIA is probably a tad overpriced at this exact moment, but so what. Hold it for 5 more years and you will have an outsized return. AMZN has been crushing last 6-8 months as we all agreed/hoped, and I expect another 12 months at least. I'm out of AAPL for the time being. Don't know a lot about DDOG or PANW. I wouldn't be betting on FORD or any automaker personally except maybe Toyota. If you want a great ETF that just launched and uses a stellar method to evaluate companies try VFLO. They can do a lot of the rebalancing and grinding for you. Their backtested method averaged 17% for 30 years. They use a great ROC/PEG methodology coupled with mote to come up with their portfolio each year. Basically using the Greenblat and Lynch methods combined for a super metric. I am putting excess cash into it each month.

I enjoy your comments; and to be honest I am very well versed in retirement money so this is kinda my fun investment funds that is a self directed ROTH. Make a lot great; losing a lot won't kill me. With that being said, the stocks I'm least bullish on are probably FORD and AAPL our of my list right now.

I'm about Neutral on DraftKings and PayPal.

IF you have any high risk, high reward ideas (or anybody for that manner) I'd love to hear them. I am all about tech and AI right now although I'd love to get into some Crypto profits as well
    Last edited by Bretsky; 04-05-2024 at 03:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Still kicking the tires on

SOUN (SoundHorn)
    MSTR (Microstrategy)
    TSM ( Taiwan Semicunductor)
    CLSK (CleanSpark)
    COIN (Coinbase, if it dips on market correction I'd love to get back in)
    SMCI (SuperMicroComputer)
    ELF (Elf Beauty)

Anybody can feel free to comment or add ideas

I also have a few shares of BLOCK (Square) , MRVL (Marvel Technology) , SOFI, PLTR (Palinrir), and NOW (ServiceNow) in an individual account with small balances

I’d second palantir. Bought some last May and been happy with the performance. Just did an announcement with Oracle.

I’ve made a lot off of Inspire medical too