Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
Out of curiousity Bobble, what tech stocks/high upside stocks do you really like at today's prices ?

Not to be boring, but I am thinking of adding to both AMZN and GOGGLE but I love researching new ideas/stocks as well
I am sort of out of the growth market. I hate paying for projected growth. I like Amazon more than the rest and its literally my only non dividend paying stock. Income/cash flow is king. No investor in history has proven adept at guessing which growth stocks will break through and outpace the market. And honestly even though I have a decent track record (I rode Apple for a nice run, ET when it was down at $4 up to $17 and others) It was always like 3% of my portfolio.

I have something like 47 stocks in my portfolio and they cover a lot of sectors. My average dividend for the entire portfolio is over 7% (partly because the base value of the stocks are down over the last 2 years).

I love stalwart MLPs like EPD and ET. They are cash cows that aren't going anywhere despite efforts to end big oil. Stable BDCs like OBDC and ARCC with monster dividends near 10%. My biggest single position is an actively managed preferred fund PFFA that has over a 10% dividend. And a couple really nice triple net lease plays VICI and O with growing rock solid 5% dividends. Oh, and USB (US Bank) is over 5% qualified dividend that tanked when that bank in CA went under. That kind of thing just shows the irrational nature of the market. USB doesn't have a risk manager that graduated in diversity studies. They aren't even wiggled by the things that caused that failure, yet the market sold off the entire financial sector.

If you want some good exposure to Tech/Growth I would probably just grab QQQ (nasdaq ETF). You will get the winners and losers alike, but the entire sector is growing. If you are not looking for income from your investments then it likely will outperform most other investments over the next 10 years. Oh....and Amazon. They are going through a renaissance of sorts and I think they are positioned like Apple was when people were wondering "what will they do now that everyone has an iPhone".