Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
I got my thumbs in all kinds of pies. And honestly, the market is the one I feel worst about, because everyone knows it can't last. Everyone knows it's artificially inflated. But outside of stocks, which are also being pushed by government policies of low interest rates, there aren't a lot of options for 401k and some other money we have, some of which is tied up by tax implications - again by government regulation. So like the rest of the sheep, I still leave a chunk there, knowing damn well I'm going to regret it when the market corrects and loses 30-50% of it's fake value. I guess I'm kind of stupid that way.
Canada is ready for a big real estate correction, much like yours in 2008-2009 (maybe not quite so bad) which is why we sold all non argicultural real estate in April. We put it short term in the bond market, whoops, in the first 2 weeks we were up 2%, then lost 2.5% in the next 15 days. From a global perspective USA has some of the best investment stability right now, which does not say alot.