Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
Follow @PeterGhostine. Best stock guy on the web. My advice: Buy AAPL. You're paying 50 cents for something that is worth a dollar. Peter is getting very bullish about Apple. Me? I recently bought Panera on Pete's adviec at 165 and sold at 192. Nice little flip in two or three weeks. Peter has Apple hitting 550 is the next few months and 850 before the end of 2014. Fundamentally, it's the strongest company in the world with a PEG at .5ish. PE is dirt cheap, too. Technically, trading volume is picking up and the 50 day moving average is about to jump up significantly as the 300s are falling off the trend line. I'm bullish.

FB is fricking cheap. Peter has a target of 32 on it. Not sure if that still applies as they have been getting hammered + all the privacy stuff. 32 - 23 = 9. 9/23 is 40%. 40% gain is solid.
Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
I have been bullish on AAPL but I'm taking a wait and see approch now. I would personally buy FB before AAPL; I have been pondering that one for a couple months and I think it offers huge upside
AAPL continues to fall. Two straight closes under $400.

From its high of $700 last September, AAPL's trading chart shows consistently lower highs and lower lows in the steady decline from $700. NASDAQ goes up, but AAPL goes down. At some point I will probably buy AAPL again, but not yet. No matter what the financial analysts say about a stock, ultimately, the market determines its price. AAPL has fallen from almost everyone's favorite to a stock many investors loath. People look at AAPL as a "loser" for them even though they made money on it, because they held on and ended up selling so far off it's high.

The market still dislikes AAPL. As long as it does, the stock will continue lower. I will wait.