Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    But Bitcoin price was already inflated 4x by Russia.
    Also, if were gonna talk about manipulation. Lets first turn our attention to our own backyards. The CME futures gaps constantly fucks with bitcoins price, same thing Bakkt is trying to do. Futures trading is also a great way to manipulate price. They also announced that starbucks will be accepting crypto which is a ploy to steal your bitcoin, so that they have an even better chance of suppressing the price. The constant feet dragging by the SEC to approve a bitcoin ETF. I could go on, theres so much seedy shit goin down its not even funny, this is why transparent fixed supply currency is important, because it has the potential to eliminate bad actors....in government ESPECIALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    BTC is mostly used as a store of value, but it is a functional currency. I've traded for it, paid bills with it, bought a property with it, and sold it for cash. Its cumbersome but it works and the infrastructure has improved a lot since I received my first coins. In truth validation is much faster on the chain than with real world banks. It takes a week for a check to clear after all. It's as-if instant because there is infrastructure to repair a doublespend after that fact. Infrastructure for crypto is primitive today but like I said, it's night and day compared to 5 years ago.

I view it as a more practical version of dealing in something like gold. Similar in that it is counter cyclical and immune to inflation; better in that I don't need a literal vault to secure it or an armored car to transport it. Yes the splashes of whales can manipulate the value but this is also true of gold. Bitcoin smart contracts need more development, it's a small nightmare for example to figure out how to make BTC resistant to embezzlement in a joint situation or inheritable such that the benefactor can't just clean you out at their pleasure.
    This guy gets it.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't, I have no idea so I stay long because I don't want to miss out if/when it does take off.

I am merely saying it is hardly the sure thing crypto enthusiasts make it out to be. My stance is cautious optimism with a hearty side of we'll side.

To the guy merely reading tech crunch headlines, it seems that a lot of the excitement around blockchain has waned in the past two years or so.

I don't have enough info to know if I think it'll blow up or sink. The story makes sense to me that it'll blow up but in practice it doesn't really jive with reality or perhaps I'm not patient enough.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Maybe it will, maybe it won't, I have no idea so I stay long because I don't want to miss out if/when it does take off.

I am merely saying it is hardly the sure thing crypto enthusiasts make it out to be. My stance is cautious optimism with a hearty side of we'll side.

To the guy merely reading tech crunch headlines, it seems that a lot of the excitement around blockchain has waned in the past two years or so.

I don't have enough info to know if I think it'll blow up or sink. The story makes sense to me that it'll blow up but in practice it doesn't really jive with reality or perhaps I'm not patient enough.
    Like so many promising technologies I get the sense that thousands of people are writing about it while only dozens of people are actually working on it.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Like so many promising technologies I get the sense that thousands of people are writing about it while only dozens of people are actually working on it.
    There was a huge influx of VC money and it seems like most of those companies never got past a seeding round or series A or are still very quietly working on it.

It sort of makes sense that if very few people are actually spending the stuff 'cause everyone is hodl-ing (or using it as a jump-between-other-cryptos currency) that the companies building infrastructure aren't generating a lot of cash.

How'd you buy a property with it?

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    There was a huge influx of VC money and it seems like most of those companies never got past a seeding round or series A or are still very quietly working on it.

It sort of makes sense that if very few people are actually spending the stuff 'cause everyone is hodl-ing (or using it as a jump-between-other-cryptos currency) that the companies building infrastructure aren't generating a lot of cash.

How'd you buy a property with it?
    Nothing special in my case. I had an uncomfortable portion of my money in crypto and found a person who was willing accept it just through normal craigslist. We used a crypto escrow service and I paid title people in regular cash.

I know someone who did something similar on Open Bazzar.

These days I'm told there are fancy smart-contract based real estate transaction solutions that cut out almost all the intermediaries and put all the paperwork on the blockchain. With that kind of tech there I bet there is a real future for real estate brokers who are crypto-literate.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

As mentioned numerous times, I don't really buy stocks outside of big tech since I believe it's still Day One for Amazon, Google, Apple, etc. With globalization, those stocks have SOOO much room to grow.

I am thinking about getting long Peloton. It's a great product that people lust after with great margins. If you like 10xing your money, join me in Peloton, set it and forget it and wake up 10x richer in 10 years.

Blog Entries
    As mentioned numerous times, I don't really buy stocks outside of big tech since I believe it's still Day One for Amazon, Google, Apple, etc. With globalization, those stocks have SOOO much room to grow.

I am thinking about getting long Peloton. It's a great product that people lust after with great margins. If you like 10xing your money, join me in Peloton, set it and forget it and wake up 10x richer in 10 years.

TELL me more about PELOTON. I have recently bought some ZOOM and DOCU and think they have some high upside in next ten years as well. I'm also pretty invested in Cloud Stocks and got into Square pretty early and still have that
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I like my dividends.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    TELL me more about PELOTON. I have recently bought some ZOOM and DOCU and think they have some high upside in next ten years as well. I'm also pretty invested in Cloud Stocks and got into Square pretty early and still have that
    ZOOM is awesome and makes a great product. I should look at their stock too. They completely usurped the video chat market which is bound to grow 10x over the next 10 years. I use Zoom at least 20 times per work day and it's consistently excellent.

Peloton makes high end fitness equipment but their core product is a SaaS offering where you join fitness classes with other people via streaming from home. People love it.

Blog Entries
    ZOOM is awesome and makes a great product. I should look at their stock too. They completely usurped the video chat market which is bound to grow 10x over the next 10 years. I use Zoom at least 20 times per work day and it's consistently excellent.

Peloton makes high end fitness equipment but their core product is a SaaS offering where you join fitness classes with other people via streaming from home. People love it.

For what it's worth I bought Zoom in the 90's; I'm honestly looking at when to add to my positions. I think it's also a stock that can be a ten bagger. It' just IPO'd in the last year

I'm going to research Peloton; I need to get an understanding of the company before I throw some money there
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Zoom is a new/ish company though. We must be thinking of different Zooms.

Blog Entries
    Zoom is a new/ish company though. We must be thinking of different Zooms.

Nope; same company. ZM is the ticker. Stock price around 115
    They IPO'd last year. Video Conferencing leader

Nope; same company. ZM is the ticker. Stock price around 115
    They IPO'd last year. Video Conferencing leader
    How’d you buy ‘em in the 90s then? I’m confused!

Blog Entries
    How’d you buy ‘em in the 90s then? I’m confused!
    LOL

My buy in was Ninety Dollars per share you egghead...haha

lol, too funny, I legit thought you meant the 1990s!

Funny...I just used the Zoom app on my phone to conference with some folks. There were issues...I believe on their end that was causing audio to cut out.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Funny...I just used the Zoom app on my phone to conference with some folks. There were issues...I believe on their end that was causing audio to cut out.
    The general consensus is Zoom is the best option available. I have to imagine they are getting slammed with additional traffic due to Covid and WFH.

It has been a little spotty for me today too, normally it is rock solid though.

Blog Entries
    The general consensus is Zoom is the best option available. I have to imagine they are getting slammed with additional traffic due to Covid and WFH.

It has been a little spotty for me today too, normally it is rock solid though.

If ZM tanks I'm getting more. I love a TON of stocks here; wish I had some real cash

Blog Entries
    If ZM tanks I'm getting more. I love a TON of stocks here; wish I had some real cash

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...right-now.aspx

GOOD ARTICLE THAT DISCUSSES SOME OF THE STOCKS WE'RE PIMPIN INCLUDING PTON