Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

I jumped out on fed 20th and back in on a few stocks/ETFs about a week ago.

TTD (up 20%) and SDGR (up 40%). Also have a handful of others at super value (Inspire, BerkB).

Buy on the fear - WB

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Wow this stock market is awesome! I took a chunk out of our new rental savings and invested in Boeing at $101.00, missed the bottom, but man that has been the easiest money I have ever made.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Yeup. I’ve ‘made’ some of what I ‘lost’ back. It’s not real til I spend it on something. And that’ll be 30 years from now. Lol

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Wow this stock market is awesome! I took a chunk out of our new rental savings and invested in Boeing at $101.00, missed the bottom, but man that has been the easiest money I have ever made.
    I sold a kidney to a Mexican oligarch for 50K and invested it all when the Dow went below 20K.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I sold a kidney to a Mexican oligarch for 50K and invested it all when the Dow went below 20K.
    We sent more to our Financial Advisor as our investments tanked as and I ramped up my personal investing.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    ZOOM is awesome and makes a great product. I should look at their stock too. They completely usurped the video chat market which is bound to grow 10x over the next 10 years. I use Zoom at least 20 times per work day and it's consistently excellent.

Peloton makes high end fitness equipment but their core product is a SaaS offering where you join fitness classes with other people via streaming from home. People love it.

CURIOUS; have you been a buyer yet ? The more I research the stock, the more I'm liking the product
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I haven't bought and won't be buying anytime soon until there's some clarity on how things and going to shake out and the employment picture gets a little more rosie. I actually got a fat raise at work one week before this hit, but now I'm afraid my entire business unit is gonna get chopped in the next couple months. The company I work for is booming during covid because they're a health company but the company that owns them is seeing slowing business I guess. We shall see how it shakes out.

My wife and I were talking with some builders about building a home but now I'm thinking that is gonna be on hold as well. The mortgage rates we could get are great; We're presently at 3.25% but I think you can ~2.75-3 these days. Would be awesome but again, would be very painful if one of us is out of a job for a year or something.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Always bet on AMZN. By my uninformed estimation, they're as likely to double in the next few years as anybody.

My favorite Bezos quote: “If you think [Fire Phone] is a big failure, we’re working on much bigger failures right now — and I am not kidding. Some of them are going to make the Fire Phone look like a tiny little blip.”

Blog Entries
    GOT KINDA LUCKY LATELY

I bought some ZOOM and DOCUSIGN in the 90's and ServiceNow and Splunk both around 100. So have hit it will with the cloud stocks.

The above is my fun dice roll portfolio.

I have honestly transferred a Roth IRA to Ameritrade and now within a year it will all be in stocks. Has roughly about 50G and that is my fun project as well. If I lose it I'll be fine, but I'm going High Risk, High Reward stocks.

In that Roth IRA, I currently have AMD (timed that very nicely), CRWD (Crowdstrike) FSLY (Fastly), DDOG (Datadog), NOK (Nokia), VRM (Vroom), LVGO (Livongo Health), ZNGA (Zinga), BABA (Alibaba), and have recently bought into Rocket Mortgage (recent IPO)

I have about fifty percent of my funds in cash.

I think I'll be buying JD.COM next (China Stock)and am researching many many others.

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME STOCK TIPS FROM ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Love that you're so in on software. It's funny, I'm sure those are great stocks but I don't view a lot of them as great companies. They're probably gonna get gobbled up but that is probably a good thing for the stock. I do love me some Datadog, but holy fuck is it ever getting expensive. They're getting too big for their britches and it's almost hard to justify paying the prices. Use it every day though.

I am still just long on the same 5-6 companies I have been for awhile. Have about ~350K in them now.

AAPL
    TSLA
    AMZN
    MSFT
    NVDA
    FB - although not much anymore as I don't like buying stocks for companies I don't believe in their mission.

My hope is the big players double again in the next 2-3 years. That + about 600K in 401Ks has us at 35 sitting pretty.

I would not mind diversifying a bit and going high growth with half of it. I am not super confident in TSLA and feel that the stock is overpriced. I think it's inevitable that AMZN eats the rest of the world. I predict they'll be the first 3T market cap company. Amazon literally "owns" every house in the suburbs and it's still shockingly early for AWS despite being a what, fortune 50 company on it's own?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Love that you're so in on software. It's funny, I'm sure those are great stocks but I don't view a lot of them as great companies. They're probably gonna get gobbled up but that is probably a good thing for the stock. I do love me some Datadog, but holy fuck is it ever getting expensive. They're getting too big for their britches and it's almost hard to justify paying the prices. Use it every day though.

I am still just long on the same 5-6 companies I have been for awhile. Have about ~350K in them now.

AAPL
    TSLA
    AMZN
    MSFT
    NVDA
    FB - although not much anymore as I don't like buying stocks for companies I don't believe in their mission.

My hope is the big players double again in the next 2-3 years. That + about 600K in 401Ks has us at 35 sitting pretty.

I would not mind diversifying a bit and going high growth with half of it. I am not super confident in TSLA and feel that the stock is overpriced. I think it's inevitable that AMZN eats the rest of the world. I predict they'll be the first 3T market cap company. Amazon literally "owns" every house in the suburbs and it's still shockingly early for AWS despite being a what, fortune 50 company on it's own?

Which of those stocks would you buy at today's levels ?

I kinda think MSFT is the best one to add to right now at current prices.

NVDA is a s great stock, but a bit too expensive. But I'd buy that one on a pullback.

YOU ARE MISSING A NO BRAINER that would be the perfect addition to what you have

SHOPify

Shopify is a great company and a new brained, I agree. I should buy some. Been following them for many, many years now and I am shocked but also not shocked at what they became.

Blog Entries
    I have taken an interest in IPO's. A few years ago I bought SQ Square
    More recently I have bought some Vroom and Rocket Mortgage

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I have taken an interest in IPO's. A few years ago I bought SQ Square
    More recently I have bought some Vroom and Rocket Mortgage
    I don't think rocket is a solid long term buy. 2-3 years max

Also at some point we will see a broad based tech pull back but it wont be like the 90's for depth and severity.

I bought AMD recently.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Good buy; I bought AMD at about 53 here

I'm looking to add more to some tech stocks I own that include Fastly, DataDog, and Crowdstrike. I also wanna buy some Apple and IF the market corrected I'm so into Shopify !!

So I want a flipping market correction !!!

I bought a bunch of NVDA over the last three years, luckily hitting near several of its lows. Have sold just over half of my shares for just under 2x my total investment in all NVDA shares, and I still own a bunch of shares. I'm sitting at a 3.5x on my total NVDA investment right now. Will probably sell out in September.

Also more than doubled on AAPL. Unfortunately, that was a while back, and I sold out my last at around $300. I bought AAPL with the intent of just holding, and had for a number of years. Owned some I bought under $100. But, needs arose, so I sold several different times. It was my largest investment in a single stock ever. Had I kept it............. Oh well!!

Have also done well with MSFT (still own some) and ADBE (sold out).

Mostly now I spend my time with small biotechs. Have done extremely well with some (ACAD, NVTA, KPTI, ITCI, PTGX, SNDX, SBBP and more) lost (and losing). my shirt on others (such as ADMP, ADMS, ACRX, SYN (sold out for pennies) and EYPT). Lost more than 50% on ARWR, if I had kept another 6 months I would have caught a run up to 4x what I paid. Woulda, shoulda, coulda! Got a covid gift on one (INO) I was underwater on for several years. Early on it was a "front runner" for a vaccine and rocketed from under $10 to around $30. I was in it in the teens and sold often as it went up. Managed to get out with a decent but not great profit. Fun way to spend my time.

Lotta people in here have ripped on my investing in here but I have 10x’d since 2011.

I have way too much TSLA which I believe is very overpriced right now so I am going to sell half of it, maybe more. Road that bad Larry from 150-360, sold half, now took it back to 2100.

TSLA is a cult stock with unbelievable momentum. I do not regret in the least that I never jumped on that train, because it would have violated every rule of discipline that I have tried to follow. I am too old to take anything but very small gambles on what I see as pure momentum plays, because they can reverse at anytime. If I was a young man, I probably would have bought in, but I'm not and have to follow the disciplines I have set for myself. I still take long shot chances with smaller investments, but ones where I can see the "if this, this and this....then that" scenario for the company, not just momentum. Other than pure momentum from its cult following, I've never found a reason to invest in Tesla. Not yet, anyway; but I do consider it from time to time.