Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

My wife and I cashed out of Alaska before the pandemic at around $70 and bought back at a bit over $20.
    C.H.U.D.

Airlines and oil are still cheap historically. It's pretty insane that oil is as high as it is still. Imagine when things get rolling.
    C.H.U.D.

Pfizer saved us.
    C.H.U.D.

I should probably buy some United Airline stock, right?

Airline stocks are historically cheap. Just plan on holding for a bit.
    C.H.U.D.

Oil is a little closer to call but still a safe bet at these prices.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Oil is a little closer to call but still a safe bet at these prices.

What are some of the favorite underdogs ?

Norweign Cruise Lines ?

Freak, do you like Alaska Airlines better than the rest ?

Favorite Oil Stocks ?

Last two stocks I bought recently were PLUG and GRWG (my first POT stock)
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Absolutely crushed NIO, bought this stock at $11.20 a share in my side account, main investments go through my financial advisor, and it it at $44.88 at the moment. It has been an awesome ride. Should be able to put the kid through college with this one stock. Then I can give him his IRA when he turns 30 so he has a HUGE head start in life.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    What are some of the favorite underdogs ?

Norweign Cruise Lines ?

Freak, do you like Alaska Airlines better than the rest ?

Favorite Oil Stocks ?

Last two stocks I bought recently were PLUG and GRWG (my first POT stock)
    Plug is a solid long play.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Absolutely crushed NIO, bought this stock at $11.20 a share in my side account, main investments go through my financial advisor, and it it at $44.88 at the moment. It has been an awesome ride. Should be able to put the kid through college with this one stock. Then I can give him his IRA when he turns 30 so he has a HUGE head start in life.

NICE JOB !!!!!!!!!!! I actually started watching it as 5, and pussied out and never bought it.

What else are you buying and/or looking at ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries

My top is SQ; I bought at 13 and am riding that baby til the end. I always love taking some long shots and it's great if you can hit a few home runs like you did with NIO !!

AGX
    WITH THE DIP THINING OF TAKING A POSITION SKINNNNN
    Lol, I don’t even know what this means, but I’m thinking you were drinking.

Freak, thanks for the COP suggestion. I forgot to buy anything for like a month fucking around with other stuff, but when I did, got it at 28.25. Still probably going to drop Sony, so I’m all ears to more ideas. Probably going to wait until this president stuff is settled though to see which sectors to explore on the buying end.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Right now, and again this is in a Robinhood Account just side fun money, started with $8300 in deposits over 2 years starting December. I lost BIG on PG&E and PIR which sucked. I bought NIO because it is a luxury Chinese Brand that has Batteries as a Service and other Tech that I like.

Right now I have PLUG on a 2 month Call Option thats up, Carnival Cruise Lines on a 01/22 Call option that I REALLY like, Ideanomics which does financial services for commercial electric vehicles and its cheap, took a flier on it and bought 200 shares at .85 a share it could go big or crap out. My FAVORITE one right now is I have 2,195 shares in Zomedica, all I really know is that it is a Vet support company that should go to $2-$3 end of 2021, got that tip from a day trader friend of mine. Again it could crap out but with NIO making me $13k in the last 3 months I can afford to take the risks.

Not a fan of airline stocks because of their unions, staying away from US Auto Stocks because of Unions, but I see support in the "vacation" stocks when this "pandemic" is no longer newsworthy.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    My top is SQ; I bought at 13 and am riding that baby til the end. I always love taking some long shots and it's great if you can hit a few home runs like you did with NIO !!
    Hope you bought a ton of it! I am riding NIO to $2k then cashing out

Personally, I am not a big fan of buying Chinese companies. More than likely they steal all of American IP to make their stuff. That's not right.

Most of the travel sector will bounce back big if they survive this stretch...union shops or not. If you can triple or quadruple value in 16 months I'm down.
    C.H.U.D.

I just bought 15K of UAL. Let's hope it's 30K in a year or two.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I just bought 15K of UAL. Let's hope it's 30K in a year or two.
    Not a huge fan of UAL, They rely more on international and business travelers compared to other US Carriers and business travel recovers slower than personal travel. AAL at least has a newer air fleet. I have always been partial to Delta but that is because I am in MN

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    But all that said I really hope you triple your money!

Not a huge fan of UAL, They rely more on international and business travelers compared to other US Carriers and business travel recovers slower than personal travel. AAL at least has a newer air fleet. I have always been partial to Delta but that is because I am in MN
    Who are the big domestic airlines that will go up? I am happy to sell it and buy something else, I don't really care about the stock beyond I generally fly united 'cause it's convenient out of Milwaukee.