Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    wow, 33% loss ouch.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I wish this was my fun money account. This was my invest 35K in 2011 account that has peaked at nearly 500K. Fuckin' A I hate losing money in this bitch. I still predominantly own blue bloods like AMZN and AAPL so it will be fine since those businesses are so strong.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I wish this was my fun money account. This was my invest 35K in 2011 account that has peaked at nearly 500K. Fuckin' A I hate losing money in this bitch. I still predominantly own blue bloods like AMZN and AAPL so it will be fine since those businesses are so strong.
    I use the professional on the actual retirement money, I want to get this to $100k by 2028 so I can pay for my kids full school and then give him his college IRA we have so he can pay for med school.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Here’s a fun game that had us drinking copiously today: how many stimulus checks did you buy this year? For us it was about 160. The return was pretty fucking terrible. Keep it honest... straight federal only.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I also think it’s humorous that a lot of people who were/are outraged by either aspects of or the entirety of the continuing gamestop/ robinhood saga are the ones who previously would align with the sociopolitical agenda behind the moves. LOL. It’s all fun and games until someone pokes YOUR eye out.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This thread is about stocks not the politics behind it.

Blog Entries
    I took an initial position in OPEN at about 27 Friday.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    This thread is about stocks not the politics behind it.
    What politics? Being serious.

If it’s my comments on robinhood/gamestop my only retort would be that separating the stock market and macro politics has never been an option. They have always been gay lovers, no matter the party. They literally are the definition of the 69 position. I don’t think anything I said was any more or less “political” than any other post, but maybe I’m missing some subtext.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Social political agenda”. The word political.

Dude I know you don’t come around often so hate to do it but I promised I would heavily enforce the FYI thing. You are not in violation just trying to avoid heading that direction. I appreciate your asking. It’s all good.

Cool. You’re right, I don’t look around enough to know if shits out of hand or not. I’ll refrain from saying the “p” word, even though it’s like saying we’re going to have a frank discussion out sex but we can’t mention genitalia. If you’re not on top of “current events” you’ll never make a buck at this money game was the point I guess. I’ll keep it in mind.

The airline stocks I bought when this all started have doubled in value. The oil stuff is close. I own a ton of transportation stock (helicopter) as part of a pay/severance which was worthless a couple years ago but due to a merger have quadrupled in value. As the economy moves further out of this they could continue to climb. Sometimes you just gotta hold.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    The airline stocks I bought when this all started have doubled in value. The oil stuff is close. I own a ton of transportation stock (helicopter) as part of a pay/severance which was worthless a couple years ago but due to a merger have quadrupled in value. As the economy moves further out of this they could continue to climb. Sometimes you just gotta hold.
    What is your view on the state of the dollar and the economy in general? I kind of think it's being held together with duct tape and due for a huge correction. Kinda seems like the dollar is depreciating big time.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I'd love to hear from people smarter than I on the subject.

Blog Entries
    I sold my Rocket Mortgage today; now watch is go to 200.

Got about a 100% return so I'll take that. I don't love the stock so nothing wrong with taking profits sometimes
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I think Ford is a nice buy here

Any other suggestions for buys to consider ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

I'm starting to get interested in auto makers just because of the emerging tech but don't know enough to jump in big yet. There are great things coming though.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    What is your view on the state of the dollar and the economy in general? I kind of think it's being held together with duct tape and due for a huge correction. Kinda seems like the dollar is depreciating big time.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about, so I'd love to hear from people smarter than I on the subject.
    I've thought a few times shit was coming down but have always been wrong. I am friends with a big capital investor/manager and we joke about this. Liquidity liquidity liquidity. So much money and cheap money available to invest. People are buying dogecoin and shit for fucks sake. As far as the economy it really depends where you are at. Alaska is fucked six ways from Sunday but other areas are doing fine. AK tax revenue was down 42 percent.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

Bought into a small holding of WNDW today after dropping Sony. But I don’t really know what I’m doing even though that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Bought into a small holding of WNDW today after dropping Sony. But I don’t really know what I’m doing even though that works for me.
    Interesting. Looks like you bought on a nice dip. I'm going to research this a bit.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Interesting. Looks like you bought on a nice dip. I'm going to research this a bit.
    Awesome. Let me know what I bought when you’re done. As far as I can tell they have the means to capitalize on a very common sense idea and since they’re Korean company I’m sure it was the Chinese putting out disinformation to hurt them until they can steal it. I’m betting on real investors seeing through that forcing the chinks to buy them out instead.

Don't bet on it.
    C.H.U.D.