Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    The new microsoft CEO is a UWM grad. Time to buy.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

The only ETFs I have traded with any regularity are TZA and its opposite TNA, Direxion'se 3x small cap bear and bull. Overall, I have done OK, but certainly haven't profited every time.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda - kept telling myself a correction was due, and that it was time to play with these. It would have been a good time to invest equal amounts in both until the market direction was clear. It works out that you make money even if they respond identically on a percentage basis day to day, then when direction seems clear, dump the one and hold the other.

Probably should do that now, maybe later this week. Have to check the ouija board since I don't have an algorithm that is 100% accurate like some supposedly do.
    Last edited by Patler; 02-04-2014 at 03:27 PM.

My uncle does SPY and SPX is my understanding. He does a few more, too, but I don't know the details of those. He has told me that he's been over 100K in the hole before but luckily they bounced back up to bail him out. The premise of his algorithm (which he didn't write, it is from some book or something) is that you keep putting money in as it dips. I believe there is a fairly complicated set-up (way more complicated that a Tom DeMark sequential or something like that).

Here is the link to Peter Ghostine's twitter. He has started a company and taken much of his trading charts private, but he still posts pretty good advice publically at least once a day. This guy is generally considered one of the best at what he does. He flies under the radar, but his reputation is stellar. He isn't a finance guy, he's an electrical engineer. Just about everything is based around math and Fibonacci sequences.

https://twitter.com/PeterGhostine
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 02-04-2014 at 03:49 PM.

I made a killing on MGM. Or I did last time I checked. Maybe I'll switch to this ALU, whatever that is. I invest like a blind retard, and it works.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I made a killing on MGM. Or I did last time I checked. Maybe I'll switch to this ALU, whatever that is. I invest like a blind retard, and it works.

It is interesting; I do too much stock research and like SIRI and ALU before it was noted in here. I watch Mad Money...aka...Jim Cramer each night for starter ideas to investigate. Under Armour has been my kick ass stock so far. But it's one of those that has had such a great run it's almost scary to throw more money at. So I'm just going to keep riding the wave.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Hate to say it...but Apple is now a slow growth stock with a HUGE cash position...so I don't thnk there is a ton of risk at these levels....but the reward IMO is not what it used to be either. It may double in the next three years and I'd be happy to see that happen. If Apple is growing then the odds are some of the turbo growth stocks will be kicking ass as well.

Cloud stocks I've been watching, for what it's worth, include WDAY, NOW, YELP, and FB...which the latter is really a play on multiple things that are growing fast within the company.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Hate to say it...but Apple is now a slow growth stock with a HUGE cash position...so I don't thnk there is a ton of risk at these levels....but the reward IMO is not what it used to be either. It may double in the next three years and I'd be happy to see that happen. If Apple is growing then the odds are some of the turbo growth stocks will be kicking ass as well.

Cloud stocks I've been watching, for what it's worth, include WDAY, NOW, YELP, and FB...which the latter is really a play on multiple things that are growing fast within the company.
    I couldn't invest in any of those but FB. I can't invest in something I don't think is fundamentally sound. What does Yelp do for money? Are they in the black or red? What kind of growth can we expect? Lots of funny money in the valley.

AAPL is a growth stock. It's the law of large numbers. 8% growth at 200B is a hell of a lot more additional profit compared to 50% growth at 5B.

iWatch rumors have it coming out soon with sensors galore. I'm a little skeptical personally... but I guarantee you they are pumping an absurd amount of money to getting glucose level through a sensor without the prick. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but it'll happen, and it will be an additional 50 billion in revenue per year. The race for the diabetes market is on. Diabetes is going to be the world's biggest health problem very soon. Google has prototypes of contact lenses that can measure glucose, but they are a very long well from market.

TWTR is down 20%. Good time to buy in the coming weeks. Follow Pete and see what he says about it.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I couldn't invest in any of those but FB. I can't invest in something I don't think is fundamentally sound. What does Yelp do for money? Are they in the black or red? What kind of growth can we expect? Lots of funny money in the valley.

AAPL is a growth stock. It's the law of large numbers. 8% growth at 200B is a hell of a lot more additional profit compared to 50% growth at 5B.

iWatch rumors have it coming out soon with sensors galore. I'm a little skeptical personally... but I guarantee you they are pumping an absurd amount of money to getting glucose level through a sensor without the prick. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but it'll happen, and it will be an additional 50 billion in revenue per year. The race for the diabetes market is on. Diabetes is going to be the world's biggest health problem very soon. Google has prototypes of contact lenses that can measure glucose, but they are a very long well from market.

TWTR is down 20%. Good time to buy in the coming weeks. Follow Pete and see what he says about it.
    Google is not even certain that tears or anything else associated with the eye are reliable indicators of glucose levels, let alone having a contact lens suitable for using it. In a lot of ways, Google has the cart before the horse on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Google is not even certain that tears or anything else associated with the eye are reliable indicators of glucose levels, let alone having a contact lens suitable for using it. In a lot of ways, Google has the cart before the horse on that one.
    Yep. Long way from market. I guarantee you that Apple is pumping as much money as they need to figure out how to get glucose levels through the skin via the wrist within 2-3 years. iWatch isn't about today, it's about tomorrow. They get the glucose level, they get the 100B market.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post

Dude.....answer your questions by going to read about YELP's earnings and conference call. They just killed it. FB and GOOD are safer investments, but YELP...WOW........up 20 % today.

Truth be told, I'm PISSED at myself for not jumping into YELP when it was in the 60's a sort time ago. Now it's 90.. I think this one...and FB...will be going way higher.

Blog Entries
    If you are a believe in TWTR a chance to get in might come soon. Disappointing growth for a stock that is very richly priced.
    FB reported last week; TWTR this week. Two very contrasting outlooks. Facebook crushed expectations and went way higher and TWTR is probably going to get crushed tomorrow due to not hitting expectations.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    The prickless blood sugar sensor has been the holy grail of biosensors for over 10 years. Are there actual breakthroughs?
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Peter just said today that he wouldn't bet his IRA, but he'd bet anyone 100K that AAPL hits 900 in 2014 after retesting 425ish.

This is the earnings chart.

Another good chart detailing the rise and fall.

He used to put really good notes on them detailing exactly what was happening and why. Now, he makes 35 bucks a month for a subscription so he doesn't include that level of detail for free very often.

This is the scenario that's unfolding in AAPL. You can take it to the bank.

This is a detailed essay on why.

http://www.61point8.com/TradeWinds/T...bers-Only.aspx

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Ha! I predicted the rare triple zig zag abc-X-abc-X-abc z slash halfback flat slot Z cross correction!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ha! I predicted the rare triple zig zag abc-X-abc-X-abc z slash halfback flat slot Z cross correction!
    Oh yeah? I predicted the first offensive play in the Super Bowl would result in a safety. It was obvious. The signs were all there.......IF you knew where to look.

I usually don't do this but if you'll pay me $20 a month I'll share my unique insights with you. Don't you want to impress the other Rats and overtake Harlan in the reputation bar race? As Russell Wilson's dad might ask you, "Why not you, mraynrand? Why can't you be the most popular Rat?"

$20 a month, such little money to gain a wealth of self-esteem. You deserve to be successful. You owe it to yourself, the Packer Rats, and the world to be the best 'you' you can be.

Are you ready to take that next step? Armed with superior knowledge and insight, are you ready to debut the new and improved, confident and self-assured 'mraynrand'? I can see those green reputation ticks pouring in now. You're a born #1. You have always sensed it but now you can prove it. You just need my insights to help put you into that top position you are destined for.

Com'on Champ! Just $20 a month for the ultimate in online respect.

Order now!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    I usually don't do this but if you'll pay me $20 a month I'll share my unique insights with you.
    Are you referring to the 1 weird trick that can let me retire 100% tax-free?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Either way, whether the cup finishes, or the bat finishes, just about everybody has AAPL hitting 750 in 2014. The chart really says it all.