Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Blog Entries
    You are one of the best Apple Pimps I know, and I hope you are right. I'd still buy GOOD or FB before Apple right now. And if you want to go more risky with a much greater rewad trying to find companies like YELP whose growth is going through the roof is exciting as well.

Truth be told. a company like Apple should buy YELP. But I hope it doesn't because I think I'd taking the plunge soon taking about half the position I want long term.

In the past week, we have learned some of these new IPO stocks are pretenders while others are contenders to get way bigger. Twitter, right now...a definite pretender. YELP has a shot to make people wealthy. I think the same of Workday and ServiceNow.

Apple is a safe pick IMO but GOOG is far more impressive right now if you are looking at stocks priced at those high levels IMO.

But I'm not looking for what Apple can offer me now. I get that it can double in the next one to three years. I'm looking for a high growth gamechanger that can offer multi baggers....... in the constant quest to get the huge returns of a company making a run like Apple did. So we're looking for different things. No rights or wrongs here.

Hopefully we both kick ass
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

GOOG will be the biggest company in the world someday. Self driving cars will get them there.

If AAPL bought a company like YELP, that's when I would say they're fucked and get out. That would be a true sign that they don't know what they're doing and just trying to do ANYTHING to get some mojo back. YELP and AAPL have very different business models and they don't align at all IMO. Web advertising is rapidly dying - that's why GOOG is getting into other areas of exploration rapidly.

I see TWTR providing far more business and economic value than YELP. Certainly long term. TWTR is, what, 3x the size in market cap? I see them as 100x more valuable of a company personally. It's all funny money and smoke and mirrors, though. Remember when GRPN and Living Social were the darlings despite not making any real money? Fundamentals matter when investing for the long term, but short term technical measures almost always win.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    The engineer in me wants the google self-driving car to be a thing but the business administrator in me thinks Tesla's less ambitious autopilot that doesn't require a crazy expensive Lidar unit is a lot more likely to become a thing.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Some ALU news brought to you by Inspector Clouseau.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101392466

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ha! I predicted the rare triple zig zag abc-X-abc-X-abc z slash halfback flat slot Z cross correction!
    Oh yeah? I predicted the first offensive play in the Super Bowl would result in a safety. It was obvious. The signs were all there.......IF you knew where to look.

I usually don't do this but if you'll pay me $20 a month I'll share my unique insights with you. Don't you want to impress the other Rats and overtake Harlan in the reputation bar race? As Russell Wilson's dad might ask you, "Why not you, mraynrand? Why can't you be the most popular Rat?"

$20 a month, such little money to gain a wealth of self-esteem. You deserve to be successful. You owe it to yourself, the Packer Rats, and the world to be the best 'you' you can be.

Are you ready to take that next step? Armed with superior knowledge and insight, are you ready to debut the new and improved, confident and self-assured 'mraynrand'? I can see those green reputation ticks pouring in now. You're a born #1. You have always sensed it but now you can prove it. You just need my insights to help put you into that top position you are destined for.

Com'on Champ! Just $20 a month for the ultimate in online respect.

Order now!

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'll give you $20 to explain the crab harmonica
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    I usually don't do this but if you'll pay me $20 a month I'll share my unique insights with you.
    Are you referring to the 1 weird trick that can let me retire 100% tax-free?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I'll give you $20 to explain the crab harmonica
    Crab is a common chart pattern. I don't understand a significant amount of the stuff. The big premise is that when certain counts are achieved, you have these predefined pullbacks and bounces that follow some % based on the 1.618 golden ratio.

I typically just observe the chart patterns and follow the advice we normally posts about it. Peter is easily the best I've ever seen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Crab is a common chart pattern. I don't understand a significant amount of the stuff. The big premise is that when certain counts are achieved, you have these predefined pullbacks and bounces that follow some % based on the 1.618 golden ratio.

I typically just observe the chart patterns and follow the advice we normally posts about it. Peter is easily the best I've ever seen.

It worried me when you say you don't understand a lot of the stuff but take his word like a Bible. If he's calling all of ths stuff, I'm wondering why you are still in Apple. Woudn't you have sold long ago and now wait for the $425 ? I'm honest here in that I am NOT remotedly a technical expert. I read a lot about the fundamentals and companies I invest in and really read about their earnings reports and forecasts going forward.

I'm pretty much only searching for hyper growth companies....so I understand the valuations of some of the stocks I own and am most interested in will be high.

I also understand I'm looking for the multi baggers and with that comes a very high amount of risk....and reward if I hit the right ones. So I'm investng with money I can lose so I feel fine looking mainly at high risk/reward stocks
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Partial......you should watch Mad Money. I tape it every night and watch it DVR wise. Really a nice spot to discover companies for future research.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It worried me when you say you don't understand a lot of the stuff but take his word like a Bible. If he's calling all of ths stuff, I'm wondering why you are still in Apple. Woudn't you have sold long ago and now wait for the $425 ? I'm honest here in that I am NOT remotedly a technical expert. I read a lot about the fundamentals and companies I invest in and really read about their earnings reports and forecasts going forward.

I'm pretty much only searching for hyper growth companies....so I understand the valuations of some of the stocks I own and am most interested in will be high.

I also understand I'm looking for the multi baggers and with that comes a very high amount of risk....and reward if I hit the right ones. So I'm investng with money I can lose so I feel fine looking mainly at high risk/reward stocks
    He explains how the charts will play out based on trade volume, etc in plain english. It's easily understandable. The charts are a little harder to read every detail but the gist is pretty straight forward.

I use stops a lot. I trust him and am pretty confident in him, but I wouldn't bet all my money that's he's right. I bet he is, though. He has been INCREDIBLY accurate in the past year. People have made millions from following him and buying options accordingly. I don't do that sort of trading. Don't understand it nor do I want the risk.

As for the 425, I do think it will happen, but what if he's wrong? I'd rather get stopped out than sell it and be wrong. I use trailing stops to prevent loss and just let it ride for the most part.

You are more of a gambler than I. I only invest in stuff I follow closely and fully understand. I will buy a lot of GOOG eventually but it's not time yet.

I'll check out your show, but like I said I don't invest in many companies. I have to follow it closely or I won't do it. I check AAPL probably 100 times a day in all honesty. Every time I restart a server, compile, etc.

Do you realize your stop orders are known the the mm's, and on any day they feel like, they might simply go down and pick it off?

Personally, I have a fundamental problem with chart pattern trading. It presupposes that past events are determinative of future performance. Like any trading system, it works sometimes, for some companies, if there isn't a fundamental change for the good or bad. In the end, the market works on supply and demand. Demand is based on appeal of the company. Over the long term, appeal comes from perceived future performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It presupposes that past events are determinative of future performance.

I know I've said it before, but I honestly hope ya'll aren't sticking a lot of cash into this house of cards. I may invest like a retard, but I don't invest a lot... at all. It's more for personal enjoyment. Because when they stop printing that money, the entire market is going to correct, no just this stock or that stock, and it's going to correct big time. You would have to be retarded to think this market is anything other than a political mirage. I know everyone thinks they'll see it coming THIS time, and jump off just as the engine jumps the rails, but some of you are nice people, and I don't want you to be poor.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I know I've said it before, but I honestly hope ya'll aren't sticking a lot of cash into this house of cards. I may invest like a retard, but I don't invest a lot... at all. It's more for personal enjoyment. Because when they stop printing that money, the entire market is going to correct, no just this stock or that stock, and it's going to correct big time. You would have to be retarded to think this market is anything other than a political mirage. I know everyone thinks they'll see it coming THIS time, and jump off just as the engine jumps the rails, but some of you are nice people, and I don't want you to be poor.
    you can't eat gold or government bonds either. So what are you investing in. You seem pretty well situated to buy farmland, animals, generators, fuel, guns, ammo, and other things that will have value once the crash comes. I was thinking of stockpiling fuel, generators, refrigerators and maybe perhaps insulin production equipment.

My SPX guy said it'd hit 1800. It's about to. Haven't checked in lately on when he said it'd be a top. I don't follow it closely.

you can't eat gold or government bonds either. So what are you investing in. You seem pretty well situated to buy farmland, animals, generators, fuel, guns, ammo, and other things that will have value once the crash comes. I was thinking of stockpiling fuel, generators, refrigerators and maybe perhaps insulin production equipment.
    Balanced approach. Still use traditional investment tools, but I am prepared to lose 50% or more. True you can't eat gold, but gold has retained it's value for thousands of years and there's no reason to think the economic collapse of another festering civilization will change that. I don't have nearly enough to be a baron in the new world, but enough to make some critical trades if need be. Moving to the country was part of the plan, and allows us to be 80% self sufficient without any real stockpiling outside of common tools, including firearms and ammo. We also have the type of community here that would provide support and has an absolute wealth of practical knowledge for survival, which you simply can't buy. Speaking of which, I should also invest in more booze. I already do, but it tends to get used at an equal rate. In the case of threatening civil unrest, we would simply barricade the two ends of the road and carry on. Fresh water and food are in abundance, and we have some MRE type stuff squirreled away in case of emergency. Going forward, investing in a year's supply of 25 year shelf food (if nothing happens in 20 years I'll gladly eat it then and consider myself blessed), is a larger priority than any kind of market investment. Maybe a higher caliber rifle as well.

I'm not interested in any fueled device or fuel, as that resource will disappear almost immediately anyway.

I really think that the best case scenario is going to be a massive economic collapse - which at this point is all but unavoidable if you believe in math, followed by mainly urban unrest and destruction when government and basic services collapse, with bleed-out to the rural areas where the lawless will be put down like stray dogs until martial law restores a "benevolent dictator" to rule the democrats and other commies on the eastern seaboard while Texas leads a southern split for the folks who still cherish freedom, and the west is abandoned to Mexican and Chinese rule. Of course, after a couple decades of boarder confusion and mass population relocation, that will most likely lead to an internationally backed second war of northern aggression when the progressive regime mills through it's resources and continues to degrade and militarize while the limited government southern regime flourishes and renews relations with traditional allies, which won't be good for investing either.

Anyway, we've got more money than I would like invested in market based shit, but I'm also not counting on that money being there or being worth anything at the drop of a hat.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I imagine Skin in his 'coon hat out huntin' coyotes living off the land. Dude you're a rich white male you are golden. You will live a posh life of opulence. Bathing in milk type shit.

My investment plan going forward is to build a company. I'm looking for the 10x payback. I do okay right now but I want to make 1M annually. I'm constantly tired though so that is a drag. Tough to get by on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I drink about 4-5 cups of coffee each day to get through but damn do I sleep hard when the time comes. Last weekend my wife let me sleep in and I slept 15 hours straight. It was glorious.

Speaking of which, I should also invest in more booze.

I'm not interested in any fueled device or fuel, as that resource will disappear almost immediately anyway.
    In KY, fuel and booze come from the same backyard contraption. Used to see a lot of them in the hills outside Morehead...